Fear the Walking Dead

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Indeed. Which is a little funny. One of the official Dead Reign books has a biker gang (Different sort of gang) Basicly coming to the rescue of the decimated army and acting like knights of the round. It's pretty silly.

Now a 'Biker gang' isn't the sort of gang we're talking about in LA but still.

It's silly because wow was it NERFed in rewrites... ugh
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Josh Hilden wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Indeed. Which is a little funny. One of the official Dead Reign books has a biker gang (Different sort of gang) Basicly coming to the rescue of the decimated army and acting like knights of the round. It's pretty silly.

Now a 'Biker gang' isn't the sort of gang we're talking about in LA but still.

It's silly because wow was it NERFed in rewrites... ugh

You mean the bikers were even more powerful and on the ball than any military forces and were even better than they were presented in the books? The books make them out to be gods clad in leather on mounts of chrome, like earth bound valkaries, reaping the (un)Dead. It's been a while but I seem to remember them being multi national even. lol

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

No, Nerfed in that they were just regular men and women coalesced around the core of the surviving Reapers. They were NEVER supposed to be Dead Reigns answer to Jedi's.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Josh Hilden wrote:No, Nerfed in that they were just regular men and women coalesced around the core of the surviving Reapers. They were NEVER supposed to be Dead Reigns answer to Jedi's.

Sounds like a buff not a nerf.
Last edited by Tags on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Josh Hilden wrote:No, Nerfed in that they were just regular men and women coalesced around the core of the surviving Reapers. They were NEVER supposed to be Dead Reigns answer to Jedi's.

Ehh I got a distinct "King Arthur and knights of the round table" vibe. Even with their code and everything. It looked very much like.... I'll call it an 'homage'.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Tonight's episode was particularly slow, though the military response was interesting it seems a lot of troops were used for a relatively insignificant neighborhood. And of course consistency was tossed out again. First they just know the boyfriend was infected by the bite, then tonight they say they know nothing and have no idea how it's spread?! *facepalm*
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

-.- Luckily, I can stop reading before the spoilers.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:Tonight's episode was particularly slow, though the military response was interesting it seems a lot of troops were used for a relatively insignificant neighborhood. And of course consistency was tossed out again. First they just know the boyfriend was infected by the bite, then tonight they say they know nothing and have no idea how it's spread?! *facepalm*

It's an aspect of denial of the situation. If you watch the dude's out there working in the back yard with zombie neighbor trying to get at him and eat him for hours on end. At one point he looks over to the growling GRAY corpse and is like "Good morning _____"

When they saw the boyfriend they knew he was sick. They could tell he was sick and were trying to get their daughter out. They didn't say "he got infected from a bite" they saw that he was sic and saw that he was bit (Throat I think?)

Back around to the neighbor trying to get through the fence, the wife goes over (With a LITTLE hammer. lol) and is standing there an inch out side the zombie's thrashing grip looking at her trying to work up the courage to kill her(again) Because it was her friend and all. And the husband comes over. Now... he tells her more or less they can't kill her that she might just be sick.. but they know she's not. The chick is rotting there. her skin's gray and her eyes are all milky and she's reverted to a feral mind state. That's not going to get better. There's no pill for that. lol Mouth to mouth isn't going to work.

So we can surmise, one of two things 1) We're again seeing aspects of confusion and denial. "Zombies aren't real, what I'm seeing must have a logical explanation. Logical explanation would say this is some sort of sickness that's affecting people, making them eat other people and out of their minds. Like fast acting rabies, that also makes them insensitive to pain untill the brain is destroyed."

OR 2) The guy has come to the realization that they ARE zombies, and that's really messed up, but wishes to save his wife the mental trauma of killing her best friend who helped her out while pregnant and all that. A pretty significant thing. If you can keep your wife from having to put a hammer into the brain of her zombified neighbor and friend, you do so.

#2 does gain significant validity in the context of the episode. Blonde wife at one point tells 'old' wife, that if she ever gets zombified, that oldwife has to kill her so husband doesn't have to. That it would 'break 'him.

So then we see Blonde wife about to kill her friend and husband 'stops' her from doing so.... maybe for the same reason. Because he doesn't want the action to 'break' her.

Though there is likely aspects of #1 in there too. You may note at the end of the episode they lie to the military too. Listing off 9 people that 'live' in the house, when in reality it's 3 + our Dumbassdruggy son that we rounded up+my ex wife and son that lives across town +3 people we picked up along the way.

They also lie about the dude who's head was splattered on the wall by the barber. "Our dog died" well yeah, your dog did die. You sat there with a shot gun in your hands and let the zombie eat your dog who was trying to save your life..... (( DUDE!?!?)) But that's not what wass in the hole. The dude who's head you splattered was in the hole.. the dog went out in the trash.

(( and wow.... I mean I know the people in LA are blasie and all, but multiple people taking out the trash during a zombie rise? that's some heavy duty denial right there. Do you think the trash guys are rolling that day??))

What I think we're seeing, and what they're showing us, is the people in the situation refusing to accept the situation as it's being presented. How the average every day person wouldn't just jump instantly to 'OH CRAP!! ZOMBIE!!!" in a 'real life' situation, and how that inability to accept the supernatural, works against humanity and in the zombies favor. "They're not undead coming to eat our flesh, they're just sick.. we should help them" type thing, on a massive scale.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

SittingBull wrote:-.- Luckily, I can stop reading before the spoilers.

Or not read forums threads dedicated to topics you don't want spoiled? lol.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Tags wrote:Tonight's episode was particularly slow, though the military response was interesting it seems a lot of troops were used for a relatively insignificant neighborhood. And of course consistency was tossed out again. First they just know the boyfriend was infected by the bite, then tonight they say they know nothing and have no idea how it's spread?! *facepalm*

It's an aspect of denial of the situation. If you watch the dude's out there working in the back yard with zombie neighbor trying to get at him and eat him for hours on end. At one point he looks over to the growling GRAY corpse and is like "Good morning _____"

When they saw the boyfriend they knew he was sick. They could tell he was sick and were trying to get their daughter out. They didn't say "he got infected from a bite" they saw that he was sic and saw that he was bit (Throat I think?)

Back around to the neighbor trying to get through the fence, the wife goes over (With a LITTLE hammer. lol) and is standing there an inch out side the zombie's thrashing grip looking at her trying to work up the courage to kill her(again) Because it was her friend and all. And the husband comes over. Now... he tells her more or less they can't kill her that she might just be sick.. but they know she's not. The chick is rotting there. her skin's gray and her eyes are all milky and she's reverted to a feral mind state. That's not going to get better. There's no pill for that. lol Mouth to mouth isn't going to work.

So we can surmise, one of two things 1) We're again seeing aspects of confusion and denial. "Zombies aren't real, what I'm seeing must have a logical explanation. Logical explanation would say this is some sort of sickness that's affecting people, making them eat other people and out of their minds. Like fast acting rabies, that also makes them insensitive to pain untill the brain is destroyed."

OR 2) The guy has come to the realization that they ARE zombies, and that's really messed up, but wishes to save his wife the mental trauma of killing her best friend who helped her out while pregnant and all that. A pretty significant thing. If you can keep your wife from having to put a hammer into the brain of her zombified neighbor and friend, you do so.

#2 does gain significant validity in the context of the episode. Blonde wife at one point tells 'old' wife, that if she ever gets zombified, that oldwife has to kill her so husband doesn't have to. That it would 'break 'him.

So then we see Blonde wife about to kill her friend and husband 'stops' her from doing so.... maybe for the same reason. Because he doesn't want the action to 'break' her.

Though there is likely aspects of #1 in there too. You may note at the end of the episode they lie to the military too. Listing off 9 people that 'live' in the house, when in reality it's 3 + our Dumbassdruggy son that we rounded up+my ex wife and son that lives across town +3 people we picked up along the way.

They also lie about the dude who's head was splattered on the wall by the barber. "Our dog died" well yeah, your dog did die. You sat there with a shot gun in your hands and let the zombie eat your dog who was trying to save your life..... (( DUDE!?!?)) But that's not what wass in the hole. The dude who's head you splattered was in the hole.. the dog went out in the trash.

(( and wow.... I mean I know the people in LA are blasie and all, but multiple people taking out the trash during a zombie rise? that's some heavy duty denial right there. Do you think the trash guys are rolling that day??))

What I think we're seeing, and what they're showing us, is the people in the situation refusing to accept the situation as it's being presented. How the average every day person wouldn't just jump instantly to 'OH CRAP!! ZOMBIE!!!" in a 'real life' situation, and how that inability to accept the supernatural, works against humanity and in the zombies favor. "They're not undead coming to eat our flesh, they're just sick.. we should help them" type thing, on a massive scale.

Clearly your not from Pittsburgh. ;> When someone east someone our first instinct is ZOMBIE!!!
They killed a dog, that really turned me off to the show, yea yea it's not real, but that's not the point. Real or simulated violence against animals especially dogs bothers me. Couldn't even get rid of my dogs in Zombiecide.

If they filmed this show in Pittsburgh, we'd be experts. ;> Considering starting up a Dead Reign campaign, and putting Rifts on hold but we'll see.

Anyway, the reaction of the mother and father to the boyfriends sickness shows to much fear, they couldn't get the girl away from him fast enough and reaction to the bite implied knowledge. Now it could have been sub par acting, but look how the mother does on her worthless junky son. If they thought he was just sick why did they show fear and not concern.

H. P. Lovecraft
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

Tags wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Clearly your not from Pittsburgh. ;> When someone east someone our first instinct is ZOMBIE!!!
They killed a dog, that really turned me off to the show, yea yea it's not real, but that's not the point. Real or simulated violence against animals especially dogs bothers me. Couldn't even get rid of my dogs in Zombiecide.

If they filmed this show in Pittsburgh, we'd be experts. ;> Considering starting up a Dead Reign campaign, and putting Rifts on hold but we'll see.

Anyway, the reaction of the mother and father to the boyfriends sickness shows to much fear, they couldn't get the girl away from him fast enough and reaction to the bite implied knowledge. Now it could have been sub par acting, but look how the mother does on her worthless junky son. If they thought he was just sick why did they show fear and not concern.

there are no zombies in this world
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

dargo83 wrote:
Tags wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Which reinforces the point, how do they claim to have no knowledge, when their actions and reactions keep hinting at knowledge.

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

Tags wrote:
dargo83 wrote:
Tags wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Which reinforces the point, how do they claim to have no knowledge, when their actions and reactions keep hinting at knowledge.

There are movies, tv shows, books, and comcis about zombies though.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Contradictions.

H. P. Lovecraft
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Watching ep 1 now, since I was fan of the show on AMC back when it was part of my cable package. Last I remember, governor was shacked up with 2 sisters and their dad or something like that.

It's a totally different show Tor.[/quote]
A prequel isn't "totally" different. It's like being into Fate/stay night and then watching Fate/zero. I heard rumors that FTWD guys will show up in new TWD seasons.

whassupman03 wrote:Agreed. Fear the Walking Dead is both a spinoff and a prequel, so it's great at multitasking! :lol:

Aren't all prequels spinoffs?

Spinoffs and prequels are not "totally" different from their originating series so it's wrong to say that.

SittingBull wrote:By our gaming rules you have to deplete the brains hit points after ALL of the skulls SDC.

Not only that: but the brain HP has to be depleted all in 1 shot. =/

while SDC depletion (achieving a skull-crack) can be done in multiple, skull-shatter semantics are single-hit
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

as said by both shows creator robert kirkman in an interview http://www.thewrap.com/why-walking-dead ... iew-video/ zombies dont exist in his world
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

At that point they'd already heard tell (From the druggy son) Of the dead rising and eating people, and then -seen- the Drug Dealer dead and meandering trying to eat people. Then got hit by the truck and still trying to get up. They were freaked. The 'sickness' had been going around and they saw the thing on TV with the 'dead' guy getting up and attacking the EMT's at the off ramp.

They likely aren't thinking 'Undead' but instead "Fast acting rabies type thing" at that point.

As to the dog. Yeah, that was on purpose. It pulls at your heart strings. in TWD, it was a horse pulled down by a herd and eaten, roapy guts all over the place and stuff. People see people killed and it's no biggie. Kill a dog or a horse though and it kicks people in the c.... stomach.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:
dargo83 wrote:
Tags wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

The "Family" Doesn't have knowledge. Except what they've seen first hand, and or heard. If you watch around the 'edges' ever since the first episode some serious stuff is going down. You constantly hear sirens. ALL The time. Coming and going and coming and going. When at the school, the Mom and principal talk about this killer flu going around and how many kids are home 'sick'. You see a HUGE (Multi level, massive) LA School with hardly anyone there. One of the students gets caught trying to sneak in a steak knife (Come on kid. That's the best you can do in 2015? Or... 2009 or when ever it's set), and the KID has been reading stuff online. Little leaks as the Rise starts gearing up. I.E. he's getting stuff off of forums boards and what not from scattered first hand accounts as it starts to gear up. ( As we know, such things are seldom 100% right). Even more people are out of school the next day to the point the government sends hundreds of thousands of kids 'home' early from school in fear of the sickness.

So the family have what Druggie told them. Step dad went to the shooting gallery (Church) and saw all the fresh blood. Gives a bit of creedence to Drug boys stories. They see the thing go down on the off ramp, they see video of that the next day, they see what happened with Drug Dealer, walking and trying to kill them gut shot.. then get hit by the truck and GET UP and try and kill them again.... get SMEARED and launched by the truck and still trys to get at them and kill them.

So they're putting "Sickness" together with these things they've seen. When the Boyfriend turned up "Sick" all of the sudden, they link his sickness to what they've seen. They're confused, scared, the works. I don't remember if Boyfriend was before or after Mom killed Zombie Principal in the School (Which isn't really touched on again as she's pretty chill about Step dad going to get his kid and ***** ex wife. and She's even hanging out playing monopoly with the kids during the power outtage later.

If NOTHING else she knows the 'sick' are trying to kill people and have to take out the heads. She's killed one of her beast friends. Now, it can be argued. 1) She doesn't want to tell people she used a fire extinguisher to bash in the principals skull. and 2) She doesn't want to tell her two kids, she murdered their principal. and 3) May be trying to forget it herself, hold things together for her family and shield them from the worst of it... but she's SEEN the worst of it.

But still... this pretty Blonde guidance counselor DID bash in a skull of an attacking man she knew to be friendly just a few hours before, and she's acting like it's no biggie. She looks stressed sure, but not quite "I bashed my friend's head in when he tried to eat me and a kid, a few hours ago" stressed.

When Step dad gets home with not 1) his son but instead His son +4 more people. Mom takes it in stride. Step Dad doesn't tell mom about what they saw, with the cops shooting people, with the rioters and the people eating other people. They're just like "Ehhh we'll wait till morning" lol

So there's some weird stuff going on. It could 'all' be covered by 'Shock" at the supernatural things they've witnessed but still.

SittingBull
Hero

dargo83 wrote:as said by both shows creator robert kirkman in an interview http://www.thewrap.com/why-walking-dead ... iew-video/ zombies dont exist in his world

Wonder what else is different in this world.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Pepsi quoted far to much to repost due to restrictions.

The parents reaction to the bite was classic "oh my god he's been infected" reaction. They didn't have to say anything. If they just thought he was sick and the writers wanted to enforce this rather then implying knowledge they should have reacted appropriately.

While the show is an interesting idea, it seems poorly written and implies things people shouldn't know, plus they change things on whim to suit the scene. There is little consistency. The garbage scene actually fit with the whole no one has a clue what's going on. Likely just assuming it's the riots. Though the rest of the show mixes scenes of blissful ignorance with knowledge and experience.

He'll when the neighbors were attacked the mother tried to keep everyone in as if she knew what was going on, her whole reaction was at odd with the supposed lack of knowledge.

H. P. Lovecraft
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

SittingBull wrote:
dargo83 wrote:as said by both shows creator robert kirkman in an interview http://www.thewrap.com/why-walking-dead ... iew-video/ zombies dont exist in his world

Wonder what else is different in this world.

That's not unusual. "Zombies" Very very rarely exist in the 'worlds' were Zombie rises happen. When they start popping up people aren't all like "HOLY CRAP!! ZOMBIE!!!" They've never considered the concept before and have to deal with it flat footed.

One of the books I rote, zombie fiction was actually popular (Like it is today) before the zombie rise happened. It was a bit different due to that.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:Pepsi quoted far to much to repost due to restrictions.

The parents reaction to the bite was classic "oh my god he's been infected" reaction. They didn't have to say anything. If they just thought he was sick and the writers wanted to enforce this rather then implying knowledge they should have reacted appropriately.

While the show is an interesting idea, it seems poorly written and implies things people shouldn't know, plus they change things on whim to suit the scene. There is little consistency. The garbage scene actually fit with the whole no one has a clue what's going on. Likely just assuming it's the riots. Though the rest of the show mixes scenes of blissful ignorance with knowledge and experience.

He'll when the neighbors were attacked the mother tried to keep everyone in as if she knew what was going on, her whole reaction was at odd with the supposed lack of knowledge.

The mother already DID know what was going on. When the neighbor was attacked it was after her trip to the school where her buddy and principal of the school attacked her and the student, and she had to bash his skull in with a fire extinguisher. Remember? lol

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Well... We all see something different. Suffice to say this is not what I was or expecting or hoping from the show. My primary beef is the family however, especially that whiny junkie.

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

The junkie who looks like a stunt double for Johnny Dep.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

SittingBull wrote:The junkie who looks like a stunt double for Johnny Dep.

Not only did he steal the old man's pants he stole his walk.

Zombies are still rather tame, hopefully they pick up the action for a few, the show.while watchable is slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:

Zombies are still rather tame, hopefully they pick up the action for a few, the show.while watchable is slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that...

Hmmm... I dunno, it is slow but I think the acting in between the action is sucking the life out of it.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Imma junky Johnny depp failed clone, I lack his charisma or ability to act.

You know what was freaking awesome !!!

THE MURPHY. I regret not giving this show a chance, because I was a solid waking dead fan, then epic fail of Bore the Waking Dead, I figured why not.
SittingBull
Hero

The Murphy?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

SittingBull wrote:The Murphy?

Not the Murphy, The Murphy!

A zombie attack survivor that Can control zombies.
And create powerful human minions under his control by biting them.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

say652 wrote:

I hate the junkie too. I so wish he'd die.

That said he's got a reason for the walk. he did get hit by a car in the first episode, pretty good too. lol

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

It is like when your teaching the kids karate class, you get assigned a six foot three two hundred pound twelve year old to train.
The watch him get pwned by a sixty pound ten year old.
So much potential, the disappointment it burns.....
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Junkie needs to go, the sister needs to go, the mother meh, the father is just I don't even know and his son by his previous wife is a jagoff.

H. P. Lovecraft
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Seen 5mins of Z nation, and already like it more then fear the walking dead... >.>

H. P. Lovecraft
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

say652 wrote:It is like when your teaching the kids karate class, you get assigned a six foot three two hundred pound twelve year old to train.

Yeah except in the real world, when the 60 pound 10 year old trys his karate moves on the 6'2" 200 lbs guy, the 6'2" Guy palms his face.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:Junkie needs to go, the sister needs to go, the mother meh, the father is just I don't even know and his son by his previous wife is a jagoff.

lol I think that might end up being the main problem of the show.... not many of the char's are "Likeable" So you kinda DO want them to die.

Junkie guy is almost universally hated. I want him to die.
Sister is.... a teen girl in America... she doesn't bother me too much. Once she accepts what's happening she'll be fine.
Mom's fine
Even Ex Wife is fine, (But I think she'll be one of the first to go)
Husband is.... like the barber said. "Weak". I don't know that he'll toughen up in time, but he's one of the long running main's so...
You're not wrong. Son from the previous marrage IS a jagoff, he can die right along with Junkie.
I'm kinda curious how long the barbershop family is going to hang around. the one with the hurt foot is goin to die PDQ, but the others might linger a bit.

But yeah.. the Mom... MAYBE the daughter.. are the only ones I have any investment and want to have live. lol.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Tags wrote:Junkie needs to go, the sister needs to go, the mother meh, the father is just I don't even know and his son by his previous wife is a jagoff.

lol I think that might end up being the main problem of the show.... not many of the char's are "Likeable" So you kinda DO want them to die.

Junkie guy is almost universally hated. I want him to die.
Sister is.... a teen girl in America... she doesn't bother me too much. Once she accepts what's happening she'll be fine.
Mom's fine
Even Ex Wife is fine, (But I think she'll be one of the first to go)
Husband is.... like the barber said. "Weak". I don't know that he'll toughen up in time, but he's one of the long running main's so...
You're not wrong. Son from the previous marrage IS a jagoff, he can die right along with Junkie.
I'm kinda curious how long the barbershop family is going to hang around. the one with the hurt foot is goin to die PDQ, but the others might linger a bit.

But yeah.. the Mom... MAYBE the daughter.. are the only ones I have any investment and want to have live. lol.

Yea, the father is not survivoraterial. He hasn't shown much back bone. Daughter annoys me... a lot. I kind of liked the barber shop family, definitely more likable then the family we got stuck with. At least the mother has shown she can hold her own if need be, though she cuddles the damn junkie to much. Yea it's her son but he needs though love, cold turkey detox. Should hit him with regular injections of narcan. ;)

H. P. Lovecraft
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well cold turkey detox can kill you quick. That's the problem with it. I'm not justifying her actions 100% but there's a reason they wheen them off.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
say652 wrote:It is like when your teaching the kids karate class, you get assigned a six foot three two hundred pound twelve year old to train.

Yeah except in the real world, when the 60 pound 10 year old trys his karate moves on the 6'2" 200 lbs guy, the 6'2" Guy palms his face.

Like a spidermonkey! Craziest snit i ever saw. Little ninja rolls and waist high jump kicks, and yelled Shoryuken when he nailed a Jump Spinning Shaolin Uppercut.

O.o
SittingBull
Hero

Tags wrote:Seen 5mins of Z nation, and already like it more then fear the walking dead... >.>

Z nation is not for everyone.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:
Tags wrote:Seen 5mins of Z nation, and already like it more then fear the walking dead... >.>

At least there's no whiney junkies far... So that's something.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well cold turkey detox can kill you quick. That's the problem with it. I'm not justifying her actions 100% but there's a reason they wheen them off.

Well that's the risk you take. And at the rate the junkie is going he's not going to have much choice. If he keeps stealing drugs when no one is looking. Well no fear this weekend...

H. P. Lovecraft
Starslayer
D-Bee

Unread post by Starslayer »

Z nation is also more comedy than drama. Wait til you see super killer zombie baby.......bleh......ridiculous.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Starslayer wrote:

Z nation is also more comedy than drama. Wait til you see super killer zombie baby.......bleh......ridiculous.

And fear the walking dead is all talk and bad acting...

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I like the barber, he is realistic.

But the actor is a great Actor but, why isn't he a detective like always. Lol
Josh Hilden
Adventurer

say652 wrote:I like the barber, he is realistic.

But the actor is a great Actor but, why isn't he a detective like always. Lol

I'm going with the theory he's a foreign agent or in organized crime.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Like when Ferris Bueller got The Professional to fight Godzilla.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Tags wrote:
SittingBull wrote:

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well cold turkey detox can kill you quick. That's the problem with it. I'm not justifying her actions 100% but there's a reason they wheen them off.

Well that's the risk you take. And at the rate the junkie is going he's not going to have much choice. If he keeps stealing drugs when no one is looking. Well no fear this weekend...

Well sure, for you and I who don't care if the Junkie lives or dies (or are actually ROOTING for him to die) It's not a huge threat. if it's your own son, you don't just go "Tough titty, suck it up or die moron" you try and keep um alive. If they had ignored that going cold turkey could kill you, they'd get crap for that.

In one of the previous episodes the kid's already had a seizure. He -is- one of the ones that will die if they just go cold turkey.

Yep. A zombie rise is a bad time to be a junkie.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Drugs are a form of money in Z nation, just like bullets are a form of money, cigarettes are like diamonds.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Tags wrote:
SittingBull wrote:

Well sure, for you and I who don't care if the Junkie lives or dies (or are actually ROOTING for him to die) It's not a huge threat. if it's your own son, you don't just go "Tough titty, suck it up or die moron" you try and keep um alive. If they had ignored that going cold turkey could kill you, they'd get crap for that.

In one of the previous episodes the kid's already had a seizure. He -is- one of the ones that will die if they just go cold turkey.

Yep. A zombie rise is a bad time to be a junkie.

The lesson here being, don't be a junkie.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Or a junkie of useful drugs,
An army off hopped chainsaw weilding psychos, perfect.
A downer addicted wusbag, not so much.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:Or a junkie of useful drugs,
An army off hopped chainsaw weilding psychos, perfect.
A downer addicted wusbag, not so much.

Define "useful" drugs.

Actually being on any kind of drugs would be bad during the apocalypse, I'd be screwed.

H. P. Lovecraft

Return to “Dead Reign™”