Boomerang vs Zombie ?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

magictiger
Explorer

Boomerang vs Zombie ?

Unread post by magictiger »

Hi guys,

How much damage would a boomerang do against a zombie? Would it only do half damage? Or just be annoyance to them?

How about the metal bladed boomerang from road warrior? :)

Thanks guys.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: Boomerang vs Zombie ?

Unread post by krispy »

i dont have my Rifts Australia with me but they cover the damage from the various types of boomerangs in there

i had thought of using them in my game but decided not to

imo the returning boomerang wouldnt be much than a mosquito to a zed as they are more of a toy.

now, the long heavy wood weapon boomerangs (that are not designed to return at all) would do a bit of damage (but not enough) but once you threw it, you have to retrieve it and that might not be an option if you have too many zeds in the area so imo they are only practical against a lone zed or a small group. unless you have dozens of boomerangs and they are disposable

i always liked the metal boomerang in Mad Max 2, you could use the damage from a machette, but again you have to retrieve the weapon once it made contact

if you want throwing weapons try the bolas, at least they can slow down a zed by tying its legs up
connecting the dots
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Any weapon capable of severely damaging the head is going to be effective against a Zed. A boomerang can crack a human skull fairly easily, but that's going to take some serious practice to pull off.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Colt47 wrote:Any weapon capable of severely damaging the head is going to be effective against a Zed. A boomerang can crack a human skull fairly easily, but that's going to take some serious practice to pull off.

Crack a skull maybe, but it is going to cause enough trauma to effectively destroy the brain? At least without a really large hunting boomerang and a little luck?

I'd rather just carry a javelin for the same weight.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

azazel1024 wrote:
Colt47 wrote:Any weapon capable of severely damaging the head is going to be effective against a Zed. A boomerang can crack a human skull fairly easily, but that's going to take some serious practice to pull off.

Crack a skull maybe, but it is going to cause enough trauma to effectively destroy the brain? At least without a really large hunting boomerang and a little luck?

I'd rather just carry a javelin for the same weight.

Considering the damage ratings of weapons in this setting if someone felt like using a boomerang, they aren't exactly getting penalized for it. In reality I'd take a javelin as well.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:

Return to “Dead Reign™”