Stand alone adventures

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Re: Stand alone adventures

Unread post by Ravenwing »

willus772 wrote:Hey, I have been scouring the internet endlessly in search of any pre-generated stand alone adventures for Dead Reign. Since I am posting this you probably have already realized that search has ended in nil... I have a friend who want to try an adventure, but has never played a pen and paper rpg before. I dont really want to invest any real time into putting together anything, until I decide it worth it. Does anybody know where I can find something already made up with maps and everything, that I could just use and maybe modify?

ummm...not to sound mean, but why bother?

If you don't want to invest the time in a RPG, any RPG, how do you know if it'll be worth it?

If you're just wanting to test out the system, take like ten minutes, do some random rolls, and run with that. It should let you learn all the basics of the system.

But if you're going to run a RPG virgin through it, you might want to take the time to make a decent session. IDK what kind of style you have, but I'd lean towards fast paced action myself. Throw in a few moral quandaries, and a few npcs(just use the quick role tables) and tada! Shouldn't take you more then a couple hours to come up with a basic plot and storyline for a one shot.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

willus772 wrote:Yeah, I'll most likely put my own story together but my problem is that I don't think k could just build a small hack and slash adventure, lol. As soon as I put pen to paper things get crazy, lol. But regardless I'm sure I would modify anything anyways. What I really need is maps, lol. None of my stuff is really any good for a one shot game. But i definately agree with you, lol.

Hehehe, oh maps are easy. Just google earth a city, any city, say....Bump Missouri( Yes there is in fact a town called Bump Missouri, its in the Ozarks, has like two people.) Zoom in to near street level, and then save the map. That should do you for a map.

Otherwise, you're kinda stuck making up your own. There was a random town generator, and random City generators, but those were for Fantasy games, and not really what your looking for I'd bet. they don't really work for modern RPGs.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

yes i use that all the time like L4D1 and 2 and others. they work really good.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

willus772 wrote:Just found a book called critical locations. it is perfect! has anyone used this or heard of it?
It has a ton of building maps with little scenerios for each one--it will need to be adapted for a zombie apocolypse setting, but should work fine lol.

Were did you fnd it?
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

willus772 wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:
willus772 wrote:Just found a book called critical locations. it is perfect! has anyone used this or heard of it?
It has a ton of building maps with little scenerios for each one--it will need to be adapted for a zombie apocolypse setting, but should work fine lol.

Were did you fnd it?

Well Amazon has the book used for like $80, because it is out of print noe, but I did a search for PDF files and found a download for it. the link is:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23325998/d20-Modern-Critical-Locations

They have the whole book on there and its readable, but I think you have to pay to download or print it...

Thanks

Return to “Dead Reign™”