Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead: Sneak Peek

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead: Sneak Peek

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Ok, so I downloaded the Sneak Peek of Endless Dead from DrivethruRPG.

First the Art in the sneak peek by Bradshaw is amazing as always.
Now obviously the sneak peek isn't the whole book, it's just the cover, credits,index, first two pages, a zombie description, and some of the Military Tables.

Looking over the index, there's several new zombies, and OCC's. None of these got me excited, I'll be honest. They look like more of the same, regurgitated variants on the Zombies we have already. The new OCC's also look like a yawn, and probably wont see play in any game I run or play in. So the first part of the book I'll probably skip over.

Buuuuttttttt!

The miltary tables, the survivor caravans tables, new Death cult info and other stuff does have me excited!
So I'm about to order this book and see if it's worth it. After the disappointment of the first two sourcebooks, I'll admit my hopes for three wasn't high, but looking over the index, the book looks like a good buy.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead: Sneak Peek

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I looked over the sneak peak as well. Looks interesting. I'll probably order mine tomorrow.

I liked what I saw in the table of contents. Looks like some fun things. The Mumah art was nice. I'm not a Bradshaw fan. He reminds me of Fangoria type stuff. I don't hate his stuff. It's better than some. And for the Dead Rein books it fits better than rifts or something. I just (( Personally)) Don't like the 'gross out' style. It's not my thing. I can stand back and appreciate it for what it is, but not 'like' it. i'll reserve judgement till I see the entire book though.

The "Mushed" Zombies was... interesting. I'm not sure on those either. The concept focus' on the 'healing ability' of the Palladium Zombies. Which many people ignore completely. Zombies are nasty enough with out magically healing themselves. that being said, the few pages we had of that type were.... interesting. Again I'd like to really sit down and give it a read through in total before I made a decision.

The tables and stuff do look useful. Not so much that my group rolls randomly on such things, but they give options to the GM Before the game starts. he can flip through and datamine them for ideas. which are always nice.

I'll buy one. For sure, either friday or next. So Palladium will surely get my dollar. And I'll wait till i have the entire thing to give final judgement. It looks good from what I've seen but yeah I'll wait and see it all.

ALL of that being said.. it does look, (( From the table of contents and blurbs we've gotten)) To appear like it could go with the first source books, in a combined book. The first two were -----clearly------- one book cut in half with a second cover thrown on the second half. This third one was written apart from that, but looks like if you bundeled all three together, moved the OOCs to one spot, new zombies to another spot and put the rest together after that, would read as one large book.

I don't have it, but the table of contents has that feel to it. Perhaps I'll be wrong when I get it in hand. :) It'll be useful either way and I'll take books how ever I can get them.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Ravenwing
Hero

I don't know if the three were originally written as one book, although I agree with you that the first two probably were. I do however agree that the three books would probably have made a great single book.

I can't wait to look over the Vehicle Modification rules. I just hope they're a bit more involved and updated from when similar rules were posted in TMNT Road Hogs.

azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I plan on ordering it. I am kind of sad that PB didn't decide to at least make this available as a PDF, as that would be much more convenient. That said, I am interested enough in the book that I am willing to buy the dead tree version. I am holding off to get it and Rifter 58 together. Hopefully I can get it shipped before the PB open house, but if not, I'll survive the wait.

Also on the vehicle modification rules, I also hope they are more than a tweak and a regurgitation of the road hogs rules. I also hope someone actually took a little while to think about them instead of horribly inaccurate junk. Though, even then I can probably work with it.

I am really hoping at somepoint a good DR book about safe havens and the economy/barter/trade system that likely would have sprung up after the world feel to pieces. Even if it is more helpful for what is going on a few years after the zombies appeared than it is immediately after (as it would likely take at least 3-4 years to solidify, even if early forms of it would begin poping up probably within the first year).
Ravenwing
Hero

azazel1024 wrote:I plan on ordering it. I am kind of sad that PB didn't decide to at least make this available as a PDF, as that would be much more convenient. That said, I am interested enough in the book that I am willing to buy the dead tree version. I am holding off to get it and Rifter 58 together. Hopefully I can get it shipped before the PB open house, but if not, I'll survive the wait.

Also on the vehicle modification rules, I also hope they are more than a tweak and a regurgitation of the road hogs rules. I also hope someone actually took a little while to think about them instead of horribly inaccurate junk. Though, even then I can probably work with it.

I am really hoping at somepoint a good DR book about safe havens and the economy/barter/trade system that likely would have sprung up after the world feel to pieces. Even if it is more helpful for what is going on a few years after the zombies appeared than it is immediately after (as it would likely take at least 3-4 years to solidify, even if early forms of it would begin poping up probably within the first year).

Maybe all of us DR players need to work up a rifter article about Trade, we did have a pretty good discussion going in the Trade item thread.

Return to “Dead Reign™”