Has anyone done a DR X-over with other Palladium games?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Has anyone done a DR X-over with other Palladium games?

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Hello everyone I have never had the good luck to play DR and I was wondering if anyone here had done a DR x-over with other Palladium games.

The reason whyI'm asking is to see how well suit DR is to crossing over with other Palladium games, also I'd like to hear about your experances with crossing over Palladium games with one another since I have never really DM/GM'd a game before.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to this post.

Kargan3033
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Has anyone done a DR X-over with other Palladium games?

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

I was thinking about starting a HU game where the characters have to deal with a zombie out break in a city (see my entry on the Heros Board).
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

I ran a one off game where a coalition Psi-squad got forcibly rifted into Dead Reign, the burster and the freezer owned everything while the dogboy was constantly on edge... only the RPA: Pilot (a minor psychic) really got into the siege defense mind frame, granted he parked his Heli about a quarter mile from where they got swarmed by a hundred slouchers... They shouldn't have fired there guns at the scared civilian signaling them to get of the street.

It can be fun, but somethings just don't work. A robot/power armour pilot, a borg, or a Zentradi would be absolutely ridiculous while mages and nightbane are beacons to zeds (which I love).
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I use DR as source books for all other palladium lines. works real well in bts; fantasy; and rifts. Especially as different types of troops for Necromancers.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

psam_rage wrote:I ran a one off game where a coalition Psi-squad got forcibly rifted into Dead Reign, the burster and the freezer owned everything while the dogboy was constantly on edge... only the RPA: Pilot (a minor psychic) really got into the siege defense mind frame, granted he parked his Heli about a quarter mile from where they got swarmed by a hundred slouchers... They shouldn't have fired there guns at the scared civilian signaling them to get of the street.

It can be fun, but somethings just don't work. A robot/power armour pilot, a borg, or a Zentradi would be absolutely ridiculous while mages and nightbane are beacons to zeds (which I love).

Depends on how someone runs the zombies. Dead Reign really needed to make zombies modular with optional rules instead of just going strait for one narrow definition of a zombie. I'd probably never run DR with PPE tracking and feeding as it's like having a bakery that states it doesn't have cake, but has cake batter and frosting in the back just in case.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

I was part of a group that passed through DR very briefly on a cross-dimensional chase. Didn't stay long there, but long enough for my hyperion juicer to slice and dice up some zombie flesh.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Granted i was using the Rifter 40 rules at the time and basically made it a low scale rifts earth forming event. However, because the energy was being siphoned off to Brulyx the ambient power levels stabilized a little above PF:RPG so rifts aren't common and magic is the realm of death cults, but some people were manifesting psionics and an Npc Burster was able to turn the St. Louis arch into a safe haven for a community of about 100, 12 had some level of psionics most of those where teenagers though.

Return to “Dead Reign™”