How would you add magic and psionics to Dead Reign?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

magictiger
Explorer

How would you add magic and psionics to Dead Reign?

Unread post by magictiger »

Hi Guys,

1. How would you add magic and psionics to Dead Reign?

2. What resources would you use? Beyond the Supernatural? Heroes Unlimited? Rifts??

3. Would you include magic weapons (like the millennium tree wands and stave's or amulets and talismans) instead of spell casters or with spell casters?

Thank you guys for the help.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Re: How would you add magic and psionics to Dead Reign?

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Adding Magic and Psionics to deadreign is relatively easy you just re-introduce the Beyond the Supernatural elements back into deadreign.

Since the zombies sence PPE it sucks to be a mage as every zombie in visual range will target you first.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i have added both in multiple ways. first i dont use he zeds see ppe and that there are lay lines in my world, they in fact are part of the reason for the Z apocolipce, Brulyx's minions use them to allow him to send fragments of himself. which in turn gives his death cultest the ability to control the zeds and have other magic like abilities like a necromancer from the one Rifter (cant think of which one off the top of my head.) Also i have pcionics like technopaths (one of my NPCs) and one of the PCs is starting to devloping abities from a zed bite she got in the first part of our game (everyone allways checks the back seat but never under the car) i got that insperation from Michael Barakofsky and his thread.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Personally I do a CoC take on things. Magic is widely used, just not by the good guys.

Death Priests get spells, sorta like the Priests of Darkness from PBFRPG, starting at 3rd level they begin to acquire spells. I also use modified Witches( They get magic, and four choices from list A, as well as gain extra PPE per level like every other magic OCC) and Necromancer's are a big part of the Death Cultists.

I likewise have Leylines in my games. Not the same level of power as Rifts, but close. The Ley lines surge at sunset, and the Zed's, if there is a Ley Line around just stand there and feed off the PPE. In fact at night is the only time the Ley Lines are visible, and their energy is available.

For Psionics I liked the Idea in the Rifter that humans that got the Vaccine kinda spontanously mutated. I don't allow any PCC, but I use a modified table for random Psionics. In essence your chance of having Psionics is alot higher, and your chance of not having them is much lower. I also have included a Mutation table, kinda like the define trait in Rifts Lone Star(We use that table, we just assign percentile chances to each entry)

I also set up a Campaign based on the idea that humanity had mutated in the extreme, and after several generations weren't really human anymore. The Campaign was set about seventy years in the future, and thanks to the Death Cults managing the Zombie hordes, and the ley lines the Zed population hadn't really diminished. Anyway humanity by that point had mutated into Psi-Stalkers, and other PCC's. But the game never got underway, and so now my notes for it rest quietly in my hard drive.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Dead Reign already has magic in it even if it isn't really that well known by the public. In fact, if one goes with the Rifter version of the zombie apocalypse things get pretty interesting very quickly. You'd have to fight for the right to use leylines!
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:

Return to “Dead Reign™”