Bosses

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Bosses

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

Is it bad if you cant think of any bosses for your players to fight so you just borrow some from other games and movies like the exicutioner from resident evil?

Dont laugh at my spelling lol
ZS01
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Re: Bosses

Unread post by Severus Snape »

There's nothing wrong with getting an idea for a boss encounter and trying to throw something like that at your players. Happens all the time.

Ever watch South Park? There's an episode where Butters (as Professor Chaos) was trying to unleash all of this evil (in his mind) stuff on the residents of the hapless town. Except that one of his minions (General Disarray, I think) kept telling him "Simpsons did it!". Point being: Sometimes originality is hard, and ideas get borrowed. Nothing wrong with doing something that's already been done, so long as you don't overdo it.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

one of the best ways i will make a boss type zed is by using some of the super powers from HU as an example would be a juggernat with alter phisical structer bone damage resistance. trust me when i say that when ur PCS empty there entire clip into it and it doesnt go down they will crap themselves
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Bosses can also be groups as opposed to a single adversary. Having to escape a hoard of slouchers, for instance or being hunted by a pack of flesh eaters as another example...
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

or like in my game i have to dead heads that my group thuse far have faced 3 times they are Pinky and The Brain a flesh eater and a brain eater. Pinky has sword like claws that can shred steel like tissue paper along with a butt load of tenticals that end in serrated bone spikes. and The Brain with phciic powers like telaknises and force field that it can put up around itself as well as Pinky

Return to “Dead Reign™”