Game Topic

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Game Topic

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

Trying to write a game story but keep coming up with dead ends any suggestions?
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Re: Game Topic

Unread post by Severus Snape »

what have you come up with so far? you say dead ends, but can you give us examples of where you started and how you think it's a dead end?
ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

Been trying to write a campain with a death cult as the main enemy and including my home town but i dont know where to start and where to end
ZS01
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

ZombieSlayer01 wrote:Trying to write a game story but keep coming up with dead ends any suggestions?

Don't write the ending. :)

Seriously, know what the plot is, but let the actions of your players determine how 'dead' the ending actually is.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

ZombieSlayer01 wrote:Been trying to write a campain with a death cult as the main enemy and including my home town but i dont know where to start and where to end

The Hook: the players encounter a dying man with a strange claim...

The Line: the man claims he was part of a group that was trying to steal something from the death cult. A book, a very special book - a dark grimoire that teaches spells of necromancy!

The Sinker: Is it real? Could it be? Is this guy crazy, or does the cult truly have access to magic? The dying man's journal contains lots of speculation, few hard facts (though it does have some useful details of the death cults' base and organisation). Could the players get their hands on true magic, or is it just the details of the 'dark mass' the cults' priests use to placate the zombie horde (potentially useful in itself)? Or, if you like unhappy endings, is it just a book teaching kids to perform conjuring tricks? You decide...

Return to “Dead Reign™”