idea zombie goggles .

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oger333
Explorer

idea zombie goggles .

Unread post by oger333 »

I've got un idea for a pair of goggles that would let some one see zombies through anything day or night like the see us . thoughts ideas ?
oger333
Explorer

Re: idea zombie goggles .

Unread post by oger333 »

death aura ? its just a thought
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

You could make some kind of necrotic flesh detector that would tell you if you were in the presence of a zombie. Might be able to give you a vague direction. I'd have it only have a limited range, like maybe 100-150ft in calm weather or indoors, half the distance indoors if there are a bunch of closed doors reducing the smell transfer.

Outdoors if you are downwind the range is maybe 500-800ft, but if you are upwind it just won't be able to detect the zombies. Also won't be able to detect zombies that are in a sealed building until you open it up.

Basically an advanced chemical detector that can parse out decaying zombie flesh over regular decaying flesh.

So generally the most you'll get out of it is it can tell you there is a zombie nearby, and maybe roughly which direction (N-E-S-W) it is in.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Um, this is why it's good to have a Hound Master in the group with a Zombie Hunter dog.

Any dog will smell zombies around, but the Zombie Hunter Dog can get really specific, and pick them up from over half a mile or more.

What about minor psychics in the group?
Last edited by Tearstone on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
azazel1024
Champion

Only works if you allows psychics/magic in to your games.

I don't for the DR setting.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

You could make an updated Manpack Personel Detector-Chemical (AKA the "People Sniffer) and key it to substances found in rotting human flesh.

Origionally it was tuened to the Ammonia in human sweat. Unfortunatly it was too sensitive and was triggered by any biological source of Ammonia( animals). Update the device to 2010 era tech and key it to substances found in rotting flesh and it should work better than the Vietnam era version.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
oger333
Explorer

Unread post by oger333 »

am thinking , tech wise they could be a chem sniffer/thermal zombies being cold ?
azazel1024
Champion

zombies are effectively background temperature. So an thermal detector wouldn't work on them. Thermal imagers, at least modern ones are high enough resolution and sensitive enough you'd be able to see a zombie on them, though they'd be kind of hard to see (significantly more so than a nice warm human would be).
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Thermals wont be much help as after a while the zombie should be the same temperature as their environment.

As for the dogs, did I say **** about sensing the supernatural? No. I didn't. The zombie sniffer dog can pick up the SCENT of a zombie from over 3000 feet. Regular dogs its half that. And they can distinguish the difference between a cadaver and a zed.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
azazel1024
Champion

I was refering to where you said minor psychic in the group (I don't play with psionics or magic in my DR/zombie setting). A dog of course would be able to pickup the scent and would be able to tell between a cadaver and a zed, at least if trained.

A thermal imager would work just fine at night to see them, if a little hard to see still. A lot better than human night vision unless it is a relatively clear night and something better than a 50% moon and relatively in the open.

A thermal detector, however wouldn't be able to pick them up.

Return to “Dead Reign™”