Dead Reign with Savage Worlds?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Dead Reign with Savage Worlds?

Unread post by NMI »

Welcome to the Forums.

This is an interesting topic. Be mindful of our forum rules though and do not post any conversions to other systems.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I have run Rifts, Chaos Earth and Palladium Fantasy with Savage Worlds. I have done Zombie games with SW, but not Dead Reign specifically. SW is great if you have players who love minis and light rules. I haven't been thrilled with SW for long campaigns, but it rocks for one shots and short arc mini-campaigns.

However, I feel I am lose some flavor whenever I convert, but its always a trade-off with any conversion. But if that's what it takes for a group to have fun, then so be it.
Silveressa
Explorer

Unread post by Silveressa »

brundlefly wrote:I'm wondering if anyone had tried running Dead Reign with a simpler system, like Savage Worlds. The "Zombapocalypse" book seems like it'd help in this regard.

I've converted the entire setting to the Cortex rule set, and used it to run a very successful campaign. (the synopsis of which I have written up here: http://www.roleplayingtips.com/campaign ... venture-1/ )

Do be aware however when converting to cortex (and in a similar fashion SW) one important detail: Firearms will be deadly! Getting shot with a 12 gauge, or even .9mm can spell death for the average unarmored human in as little a 1-2 well aimed shots.

If you send me a pm or email I'd be happy to pass along my conversion notes to Cortex for DR, but Palladiums hard line "no conversions ever" policy makes it impossible for me to place it on a website for view/download.)
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Return to “Dead Reign™”