So Is there a hypnosis skill?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: So Is there a hypnosis skill?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Lord Fiercelove wrote:I'm running a dead reign game right now and wanted to throw in some hypnosis, but so far can't find a the skill hypnosis. Psychology skill mentions that it can recognize the presents of hypnosis, so I imagine that it might be psychology that allow's you to do so. What do you fine gamers think?
Just assume that any Psychologist that your party "runs into" or "rescues" has the skill.....BUT.......since Dead Reign is set to be a MUCH MORE 'realistic' world than is the rest of the Palladium Megaverse, you probably shouldn't be able to do all the stuff that they do in movies and fiction with it; in real life, Hypnosis isn't really all that effective on most people.

What do you want to use it for?
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Regularguy
Adventurer

Re: So Is there a hypnosis skill?

Unread post by Regularguy »

Lord Fiercelove wrote:I'm running a dead reign game right now and wanted to throw in some hypnosis, but so far can't find a the skill hypnosis. Psychology skill mentions that it can recognize the presents of hypnosis, so I imagine that it might be psychology that allow's you to do so. What do you fine gamers think?

I'd use Hypnotic Suggestion, "a psionically boosted form of simple hypnosis." The text emphasizes that it's limited to putting someone in a light trance, helping them relax and focus on a particular thought when struggling to remember something -- and implanting subtle ideas expressed with clear and simple comments.

Return to “Dead Reign™”