New Zombies in Civilzation Gone?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

New Zombies in Civilzation Gone?

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

So I recently picked up Dead Reign, (taking advantage of the June special offer; drinking from my mug as I type :-) ) and I'm loving it. Up until now, Heroes Unlimited is the only Palladium game I've played, but I'm itching to try D.R. as soon as I can.

Anyway, in the meantime, it's inspired me to create a few new zombie types, and I was just wondering if there's any new kinds of zeds in Civilzation Gone (the book I don't have yet), just to make sure I'm not writing up something that basically exists already.

Also, I hear there's Dead Reign material in Rifters 40 and 45 - any new zed types in there? Again, I want to avoid replicating existing work (and I might buy them both for new zombie variants).
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Re: New Zombies in Civilzation Gone?

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

CoalitionMerc wrote:bug boy swimmer juggernaught pretty worm meat, and the mimic thinker i believe are the ones from civilzation gone

So, I'm guessing that a bug boy is infested with insects, a swimmer can...swim :-), juggernaughts are big and tough, pretty zombies retain full human appearance, worm meat zeds are like bug boys but with worms and maggots and such, and mimic thinkers can impersonate people they've seen? Is that about right?

That's cool, as the one's I've dreamt up don't match any of them. Thanks for that. :)

Can anyone confirm yes or no to new zeds in the Rifters?

EDIT: Aren't Bug Boys and Worm Meat zombies in Dark Places? Thinking about it, they both ring a bell, but I don't have my copy to hand... :-?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: New Zombies in Civilzation Gone?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Senator Cybus wrote:
CoalitionMerc wrote:bug boy swimmer juggernaught pretty worm meat, and the mimic thinker i believe are the ones from civilzation gone

So, I'm guessing that a bug boy is infested with insects, a swimmer can...swim :-), juggernaughts are big and tough, pretty zombies retain full human appearance, worm meat zeds are like bug boys but with worms and maggots and such, and mimic thinkers can impersonate people they've seen? Is that about right?

That's cool, as the one's I've dreamt up don't match any of them. Thanks for that. :)

Can anyone confirm yes or no to new zeds in the Rifters?

EDIT: Aren't Bug Boys and Worm Meat zombies in Dark Places? Thinking about it, they both ring a bell, but I don't have my copy to hand... :-?
Of the bunch, the Impersonator is probably the worst of the worst.

Just from hearing a previous victim -ONCE -it can not only mimic that person's voice perfectly, but ALSO "knows" just how the voice should sound in a given situation.

Even WORSE than that -if you didn't think that it could get any worse -it can somehow get other Zombies around it to wait until such time as a new victim gets into range for a proper ambush. Even if a potential victim is unknowingly standing RIGHT NEXT to a zed, it won't prematurely spring the trap until the Impersonator says so.

From an evil GM's point of view, that's got to be a nasty, nasty creature to put the player group up against.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “Dead Reign™”