Systmes Failure-Dead Reign

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Systmes Failure-Dead Reign

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I have used System Failure O.C.C. in Dead Reign and they work perfectly.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

I've already made a conversion for the Survivalist, Revan.

They convert very well, and their materials work decently across the board.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

From one apocolypse to another...
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Srsly, though the Bugs are in some ways more, and less, dangerous than zombies.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I believe the original playtesting of Dead Reign was with SF OCC's. It works well, and the barter system is good too.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

The OCC's are a perfect fit, if you ask me.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

There's a video on YouTube that goes more into this topic. It's called 'The Black and White of Dead Reign' I believe. :D
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

DtMK wrote:There's a video on YouTube that goes more into this topic. It's called 'The Black and White of Dead Reign' I believe. :D

Amusing. I definitely prefer the game as written in the books. I've looked at the original Rifter material and didn't care for it. So I guess I side with the underdog of the film. :)

Too bad I don't like Kool Aid and centipedes.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

DtMK wrote:There's a video on YouTube that goes more into this topic. It's called 'The Black and White of Dead Reign' I believe. :D

Hi there,

thank you, DtMK, for pointing out the movie!

Aside from the funny sound (sounded like a computer speech programme reading out text) and the heavy and superfluous over use of invective, it is an excellent idea to make a review based on a dialogue. I liked it for a good part.

What I did not like and found completely off mark in a review was the (2nd half) concentration on Kevin. The review started well regarding contrasting one background idea (Rifters 40 and 45) with how it was published (core book) based on a gamer discussion what kind of character classes are permissible. I think some comment as to whether Dead Reign should have been published "as drafted" or not is legitimate and interesting, the whole thing just slid down and off target (or, what I would perceive to be the target of a review) by harping on whether Kevin is an angel or a devil which is entirely beside the point. While the "contra Kevin" guy rightly cited Rifters 40 and 45 later, cool articles both, I think in all fairness it would have deserved mention that at least those articles where (explictly) provided so that gamer Joe could see the draft and process and use it optionally.

Less invective, less obscene gesturing and more objectivity and a concentration on the matter and substance of Dead Reign, and not on authors would have done that review - great concept such (animated) discussion - a world of good.

That said, I think both systems combine well, although I would not combine the settings ... unless ... I would not go with bugs (alien invasion) vs. zombies but maybe with a zombie virus that (also) effects computers as well. Need to think more about that.

Just my two cents.

Cheers
Hendrik

PS: O, yes, and HOODY HOO!!!!!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

I'd like to see a crossover called Dead Systems
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

bradshaw wrote:I'd like to see a crossover called Dead Systems

I think that'll be "Mechanoids Space". :P

Return to “Dead Reign™”