What would you like the next Sourcebook to be?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

What would you like the next Sourcebook to be?

Unread post by Illendaver »

Any topic covered, any new zombies, new occs: what do you want to see?

I want some better coverage of the military. Make it worthwhile to raid a military base (Hard, but do-able. There should be some great gear in there) And for that matter, another compendium of modern weapons would be great!

Granted, everything would be approaching 11 on the 1-10 meter of WTFery in a zombie apocalypse, but there are good guys out there other than just the PCs, a book covering them might be nice. Like, a good zombie master class. One that tricks/forces the undead to be helpful to humans (yeah right, keep dreamin...).

And please, make it bigger than 64 pages. My local bookstore owner thought I was buying pamphlets about the game...
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: What would you like the next Sourcebook to be?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

truckers would be neat, especially if it's more than just them. at various times there have been debates over "mobile vs. stationary" survival methods. having some mad-max style gangs, survivor convoys, etc would be neat.

the military would be nice, but the question then becomes whether they can be presented well technology and capabilities wise.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

More info on safe havens, a notable one or two that have managed to survive, maybe a safe haven creation table/guide a la the city creation guide Rifter 1, Merc company creation guide Rifts: Mercenaries, Circus creation guide WB:1 Vamps, etc. More about what KS was hinting at with life in cities (how to survive on a skycrapper, how to make effective raids in to a city crawling with zombies, urban roof top farming, etc).

Maybe a few new zombies.

I'd love to see more information about raiding police stations, national guard barracks and depots, military bases, etc. Maybe a bit more in the way of actual military or paramilitary equipment stat'd out and mentioned. Afterall, there are military survivors listed as one of the main OCCs that isn't simple "every other poor schmuck". Even if you don't raid a military base or depot, some of those apocalyptic soldiers are likely to have made it out with something like an M113, M-2 Bradley, HMMWV (Humvee, to us civies), Stryker, LAV 25, etc. They don't use such disgusting amounts of fuel that it would be impossible to keep running. Hard, yes, but not impossible and they'd have the muscle to be able to raid just about anywhere within reason.

I'd also love to see information about living on the water. Marinas (salvage), islands, living on boats, house boats, ships, etc. Information about said boats, not just info about surviving on them. Maybe raiding oil derricks/rigs, that sort of thing. I'd think a lot of people would turn to a "water world" style of living and there are plenty of islands that could be turned in to mini fortresses pretty easily both in the states and around the world (and some that already are).
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Definitely more on what's going on with the military...
They can't see me...Right!?
Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

WOOT! New military stuff is in there! Here's hoping that there is some stuff on the "water world" Idea in there too.
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

revised rules saying SMG's dont only fire bursts.
cdc secret forces, updates about the rest of the world.

zombie babies hehehehe
a chance for a cure.....real or fake.
the dark god or gods the cults might be working with.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Gear would be nice, but then ... weapons are assign to be assigned with damage etc. ratings, so that is not a must for me. Planes, tanks and such would be cool, though. Players are sure to raid depots when and where they can.

A 128+ pages book would be awesome!!!

What would I like to see:

Military and police?

Government reactions.

Cure efforts.

A map or better series of maps on how it spreads over the weeks. Maybe a (specualtive) GM map and a wrong player map, that could surely be found in government centres when the players look for a place to go to ...

A better overview of what is happening around the world, maybe on a week by week basis. This could be seperated by countries, or mayhap easier by country clusters or continents with examples for individual nations. Around the world would be nice.

Planes. What happens to planes not grounded at the apocalypse or clean when starting?

Houseboats and such I would love. Maybe there are "houseboat boatpeople" / "migrant hobbos on boats" / "flowerpower apocalypse junks" travelling the seas or big rivers together? What is happening no the great rivers like the Nile, the Amazon or the Mississipi?

How are the Navy (merchant and military) dealing with refugees? What happens in the harbours? Are there usuable ports left? In what condition? What happened to the ships at sea when the apocalypse struck? Where do they fuel? What about oil platforms?

Which waters are infested with zombies walking the ground? A map would be nice. What about the Mississipi or Nile Deltas?

Zombie animals or zombies and animals: what happens, can it happen, how?

What about the far out regions: Siberia, the great deserts, Canada hinterlands (most of it, thusly), the polar regions, etc.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I hope it will be a few years before the Next DR soucebooks,thers 4 of them.

I would like it that Palladiumbooks to Focus on some Beyond the Supernatural,s books.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Lol. I just remembered this from a campign I ran earlier. A sort of homebrew, tongue in cheek humor story for the Deathcults.

I made the main base of operations as...... Palladium Books, with KS as the Grand high Monky monk of the whole thing. Each of the freelancers, either writer or artist, editors and other staff filled out the ranks of main branch of the cult. Like Wayne Smith was the Head of Zombie Relations(11th level Priest of Darkness.) and Jules was a 11th level Samurai from Rifts(Lol, I got the idea for it from the Rifter swimsuit issue, the one where he's wearing a kimono and has a pair of swords.) and head of security.

In game PB put out DR six months before the zombie outbreak, just to get people acquainted with the idea of Brulyx as their master, lol. It all started when I got this image of KS, in a black robe, sitting at a desk with skulls, and bones sitting on it, and a bunch of Zombies sitting behind him, working on the latest sourcebook.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!

Return to “Dead Reign™”