Saw Traps

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gulzhad
Wanderer
Comment: Sine Virtus, Sine Laus.

Saw Traps

Unread post by Gulzhad »

So, I would like to add some Saw like traps to my campaign. I already have a few twisted ideas, but I don't really know what else to do. I don't really want to share my ideas on here, as I said they are twisted and may be kind of gross. That said, pm me if you really would like to know what they are.

But if you have any ideas just let me know via pm or this whatever.

Cheers
"I'm the only one who'll live. Just because I can't be seen, doesn't mean I can't be felt!"
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Re: Saw Traps

Unread post by Gulzhad »

This is a "tamer" trap.

The survivors awaken to find themselves facing away from each other. They are chained up and not gagged. The chains are around them so they can’t escape, but they can move their arms. There are zombies chained to the wall surrounding them. The catch is there are holes in the wall that the chains are emerging from. Slowly as the zombies pull against their bindings and they slowly creep forth.

On a perception roll of 15 or higher the character sees that there is a necklace with a ring of keys on a necklace being worn by a zombie. The group somehow has to stand up and get the necklace without getting bitten. They also need to figure out which key is the one that will unlock the padlock that binds them.

If one of the characters has lock picking gear and knows how to pick locks they will be able to pick the lock. Once they get out of the chains they somehow need to get past the zombies. They can either kill the zombies right away, or they can roll a perception roll. On a roll of 13 or higher the character notices a trap door. It’s only big enough for one person at a time. Who goes first? While the characters are getting everyone down the zombies are getting closer.
"I'm the only one who'll live. Just because I can't be seen, doesn't mean I can't be felt!"
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Gulzhad wrote:So, I would like to add some Saw like traps to my campaign. I already have a few twisted ideas, but I don't really know what else to do. I don't really want to share my ideas on here, as I said they are twisted and may be kind of gross. That said, pm me if you really would like to know what they are.

But if you have any ideas just let me know via pm or this whatever.

Cheers

Do yourself a favor and get Grimtooth's series of Traps books. The originals if you can, but there's also a d20 version available.
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

Where could I find one of those?
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

i just thought of this now so its a bit rusty

Name of Game: the Red Mile

imagine a greyhound race where the dogs are in the holding pens, the fake bunny on the runner

replace the dogs with a Fast Attack and the bunny with a contestant

the Fast attack has a bomb implanted in their stomach and is linked to a cord, creating a zombie version of a pull-string doll. the Zed is released, the cord is pulled and the bomb goes off when the cord reaches the Zed

goal: run as fast as you can and dodge the Zeds and be out of range of the explosion. possibly grab the cord and pull it again to bide time
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Razors Edge

an arena is designated. 1 to 5 to 10 contestants are released into the arena where a number of bludgeon weapons are placed throughout the arena

a series of Shard Zeds (darkanx) with glass, knives, razors, nails etc (say 5:1 zed to contestant or 6:1) are released into the arena for the contestants to fend off before they are cut to pieces
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Flash Gordan

from the classic movie by the same name a contestant is faced with a large tree stump with a series of holes in it in which the contestant can reach up to their armpit into the hole

in one of the holes there is a key, in a couple of the other holes there are the heads of Zeds that are bound underneath the tree stump with their heads propped into the core of the tree

simply pick a hole till you find the key or gradually get your fingers bitten of by the Zeds
connecting the dots
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Gulzhad wrote:Where could I find one of those?

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/catalyst.htm

They are a riot just to read through.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Dances with Wolves

basically the same as Razors Edge but with a tonne of wild dogs
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Swim to Shore

A 30m long 3m deep pool with 3 sewer crawlers patrolling the water. At the other end is a caged exit in which you have to swim 2m under the waters surface to swim up a cage pipe to get to the door

Goal: As sewer crawlers can only swim on the surface of the water try to swim underwater as much as possible the length of the pool and swim up the caged pipe to get to the door
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Grocery List

Inspired by 'Body Part Poker' in the entertaining game Afro Samurai

Goal: before entering the arena you are each given a list and a shopping cart and you basically have to fill your cart with the parts of the Zeds on the list. survive to shop another day
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

Those are all amazing. I will have to use them if that's okay!
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gulzhad wrote:Those are all amazing. I will have to use them if that's okay!

by all means, go right ahead :)
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Name of Game: Kung Fu Grip

a reasonable sized room is fitted with Jail Cell like walls down the centre of it making a makeshift hallway. The room is full of Sloucher’s and Crawlers that all swarm at the bars and reach through them in an attempt to grab you

You have to dodge and weave the numerous hands reaching though bars

Name of Game: Taking Candy from a Baby

The setting: A Grocery Store or food court etc
Zeds: a number of Gluttons (a zed idea of mine in Darkanx thread) are spread out in the store. Add a couple of crawlers as well

Goal: take select food from the Gluttons and escape alive
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

Any other ideas?

Return to “Dead Reign™”