:O Awesome Idea

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gulzhad
Wanderer
Comment: Sine Virtus, Sine Laus.

:O Awesome Idea

Unread post by Gulzhad »

I don't know if someone else had this idea, but I was thinking that there could be a DR mixed with Beyond the Supernatural game. The whole point of this campaign would be a group of ordinary people who were "selected" to be in a horror survival movie. They all get dumped into the movie set that has cameras located all over. Then they have to fight off hordes zeds and other supernatural things while trying to locate the key out of the set. If they find the key they "win" and get to go home. That's the only way to get out.

I would need help selecting the OCCs for my players. Someone HAS to be a therapist, and possibly a farmer. The team should be well rounded.

Any other ideas out there?
"I'm the only one who'll live. Just because I can't be seen, doesn't mean I can't be felt!"
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: :O Awesome Idea

Unread post by Kovoston »

Famous line from a movie: "There will be blood..."
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

isnt there a series or tv movie where a bunch of people are in a reality tv show like big brother and a zed apocalypse occurs and these people are trapped in the house...this is like the opposite of that

aaahh im getting morbid ideas on a grand scale. have you watched the classic schwarzenegger film 'Running Man' ?? or played the game 'Mad World' on the Wii ?? you could take this on a grand scale and have some powerful company or group of magic users isolate a city or state or potentially a country and they fill it with Zeds and drop people in there for the ultimate game of survival
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

krispy wrote:aaahh im getting morbid ideas on a grand scale. have you watched the classic schwarzenegger film 'Running Man' ?? or played the game 'Mad World' on the Wii ?? you could take this on a grand scale and have some powerful company or group of magic users isolate a city or state or potentially a country and they fill it with Zeds and drop people in there for the ultimate game of survival

Now that, that is a good idea, and no, I have not seen or played those. They do sound interesting though.
"I'm the only one who'll live. Just because I can't be seen, doesn't mean I can't be felt!"
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gulzhad wrote:
krispy wrote:aaahh im getting morbid ideas on a grand scale. have you watched the classic schwarzenegger film 'Running Man' ?? or played the game 'Mad World' on the Wii ?? you could take this on a grand scale and have some powerful company or group of magic users isolate a city or state or potentially a country and they fill it with Zeds and drop people in there for the ultimate game of survival

Now that, that is a good idea, and no, I have not seen or played those. They do sound interesting though.

the imagination is bubbling & churning....you call that a radar screen?, no its Mr. Coffee

Running Man & Mad World are just 2 of countless examples where for some reason a vast land are has been isolated/blocked off/quarantined etc

this could be so much fun :-D
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

Haha, you can use my idea if you so desire. I will probably send updates on this game as well.

What kind of ideas do you have? Right now I'm thinking Hell Hounds, and Death Weavers or Demonic Spiders :D
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gulzhad wrote:Haha, you can use my idea if you so desire. I will probably send updates on this game as well.

What kind of ideas do you have? Right now I'm thinking Hell Hounds, and Death Weavers or Demonic Spiders :D

Unfortunately i dont have the BtS book yet (next on the order list) to create any of those supernatural critters so my DR Sup Nat setting is limited to the alternate DR material from the the Rifter and some of the cool material from the board

are there Necromancers in BtS??

ive got a few ideas for how the challenge could be run but they all stock standard
* pick up point in 3 days 50km away
* simple treasure hunt - cant leave till have all the items on the list
* hunt the living: a Death Priest or necromancer command a hoard of Zeds in the arena and you have to survive for a set period of time (a double edged sword for the hunter who fails)
* kill em all - cant leave till every last Zed is toast
* save the captor and get to point A
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

krispy wrote:are there Necromancers in BtS??

ive got a few ideas for how the challenge could be run but they all stock standard
* pick up point in 3 days 50km away
* simple treasure hunt - cant leave till have all the items on the list
* hunt the living: a Death Priest or necromancer command a hoard of Zeds in the arena and you have to survive for a set period of time (a double edged sword for the hunter who fails)
* kill em all - cant leave till every last Zed is toast
* save the captor and get to point A

As far as I know there are no Necromancers in BtS...

I like the kill them all idea, but for our survivors it sucks because there is going to be an infinite amount of zeds, and limited supplies. Granted, they will eventually get out if they can find a key. I haven't decided where it will be quite yet, but I'm thinking something along the lines of Saw. This isn't final, but it could possibly be located inside of the only person who can perform surgery. Haha that would be neat. I also think that we could have the key hidden someplace like in the sewers.

Either way, I'm looking for a long term game because I would like to keep on playing with my friends for a while.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gulzhad wrote:As far as I know there are no Necromancers in BtS...

I like the kill them all idea, but for our survivors it sucks because there is going to be an infinite amount of zeds, and limited supplies. Granted, they will eventually get out if they can find a key. I haven't decided where it will be quite yet, but I'm thinking something along the lines of Saw. This isn't final, but it could possibly be located inside of the only person who can perform surgery. Haha that would be neat. I also think that we could have the key hidden someplace like in the sewers.

Either way, I'm looking for a long term game because I would like to keep on playing with my friends for a while.

i really like the Saw angle... thats twisted good :twisted: oooh you could put the key into the stomach of a Zed, which one? you dont know till your elbow deep in Zed guts

a city could be enclosed and the players go through sectors like: 'the garden' , 'the amusement park', 'grocery run' 'target practice'

or they could be put in an enclosed small town and they go through rounds. Round 1 - just sloucher & Crawlers Round 2 - ad a couple of juggernauts Round 3 - ad some Fast Attack etc and between each round the contestants get put in a holding cell till the next day where they start all over again
connecting the dots
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

This sounds a bit like a BTS and DR version of X-crawl:
http://www.goodman-games.com/xcrawl.html
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gamer wrote:This sounds a bit like a BTS and DR version of X-crawl

never knew of it, had a quick look, sounds like fun
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

That would be a good idea with having the differing rounds. I could do Saw style traps, and then have the different rounds. I could also keep them in a not so safe area of the "set," because remember this is a movie. For example, they stayed in a tent the first night and then they then stayed in a house the second. I was thinking they could either move around or stay in a "base camp" their choice. Then the next day the newest batch of zombies or monsters shows up.

Now... for the idea of traps. Of course the key is either going to be inside a zombie or a survivor. If it was a party member it would HAVE to be the doctor. I could also roll a percentile die every time a zed dies and they decide to cut it up. On a roll of 100 they find the key. Of course, they need to find the door out :P

They did find a note on located in the pocket of one of the zombies from the first batch they fought. The note pretty much said "The way out is by finding a key. Then you need to find a door." Thus they don't know where to find the key yet, mostly because I don't know where it should be. I did give them a set of keys in the start *taps head knowingly*

I think that they should find a ton of keys, and the whole point of the game would then be testing out which key fits the lock. Even though we have people with the skill of picking locks the locks would be impossible to pick. Like it could have multiple levels of locks on it.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Keys in zombie bodies would be cool and to really make the players cringe is when they start finding traps in many of the bodies, for example poison bags hidden in the bodies that realease contents when the zombie is ruptured.

If your going to give them tons of keys, one thing I'd do to prevent lock picking is the locks require a certain electronic "key" like some of the latest cars.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Gamer wrote:Keys in zombie bodies would be cool and to really make the players cringe is when they start finding traps in many of the bodies, for example poison bags hidden in the bodies that realease contents when the zombie is ruptured.

If your going to give them tons of keys, one thing I'd do to prevent lock picking is the locks require a certain electronic "key" like some of the latest cars.

the traps in Zed bodies is brilliant :D
connecting the dots
Gulzhad
Wanderer

Unread post by Gulzhad »

Gamer wrote:Keys in zombie bodies would be cool and to really make the players cringe is when they start finding traps in many of the bodies, for example poison bags hidden in the bodies that realease contents when the zombie is ruptured.

I was thinking that an entity could pop out of the zombies, or an explosion could occur. Obviously, the keys wouldn't be in the exploding zombies :D

Return to “Dead Reign™”