Zombie survival plan

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dante144
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage"

Zombie survival plan

Unread post by dante144 »

Suppose there is a zombie outbreak, class 3 or 4. What is your plan for survival?
"Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage" Girls t-shirt at Megacon
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Re: Zombie survival plan

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Well, never read this board again, or buy a book by Braden Campbell... Oh wait, I've already done all that, until I posted this...

But seriously, my plan would be to sit in my house and play fallout until a zombie a bit me, the end.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

dante144 wrote:Suppose there is a zombie outbreak, class 3 or 4. What is your plan for survival?

Greetings!

Question: What is a "class 3" ? Or a "class 4" ? Please post the scale you are using and it's definitions. Then I will be happy to answer your question in a reasonable, and (hopefully) intelligent manner.

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Assuming you mean "complete and total outbreak, resulting in the collapse of society as we know it and the earth falls into utter chaos where the undead walk the streets and rule unchecked", then it depends on:

1. Where I am when the outbreak happens;
2. Where my wife is when the outbreak happens;
3. If both my wife and I are ok and unharmed;
4. How much time I have between the initial outbreak and society collapsing to act;
5. If there are other survivors that need help;
6. If there are other survivors trying to kill me and/or the wife.

There's a lot of variables there. The general plan is to pack up the truck with as much supplies as I can, put the wife and the cats in the truck and drive up to Mt. Charleston. Get into one of the cabins up there, board ourselves up, and wait and see what happens. Hopefully we'll be able to hit one of the gun stores on the way out of town and stock up (there are plenty of those in Vegas). But any one of the above variables can have a dramatic impact on what I do. For example:

1. If I'm not at home, then do I have a chance to get home before I'm screwed? If not, then I'm on my own and that really blows. Sorry, honey, but if I can't get home I cannot save you.
2. If she's been bitten...sorry, honey, but you have to die.
3. If I've been bitten, then this is all moot.
4. If the outbreak happens but it's just the beginning, then I don't need to panic and I can get us to a safe location easily (like up on Charleston, or somewhere out in the desert). If we get zero notice before the zombies descend on the town, then I've got to move a whole lot faster.

Can you possibly provide us with a little more detail here? Do we have time or are we screwed? Am I at home, in the office, or on the road? Are either of us injured? Heck - even having to stop for gas or not having enough gas in the truck could be problematic. Need more info before I can say what my plan truly is, because it all depends on many things other than "you are stuck in a class 3 outbreak and have to do something".
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i get drunk and ride my battle unicorn against the zombie hordes
dante144
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage"

Unread post by dante144 »

according to the Zombie Survival Guide, IIRC, class 3 is when a city or region of a country are over run. Class 4 is when the Zombies have taken over and it is a full scale apocalyptic event.
"Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage" Girls t-shirt at Megacon
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Like with most apocalyptic events, I attempt to get home if I can. Pack up as much of the essentials as I can cram in my car or as time allows. Then load the wife and kids in to the other car, load that down and take off west toward the hills.

Probably not bothering to stop for anything along the way unless I either have too or think I can get away with it (and deffinitely throwing the spare gas cans in the trunk. Usually have about 4-5 gallons between the two 2.5g cans as I keep them mostly full out in the shed).

The wife and I have a plan to meet up if something came down and we couldn't meet back at the house. Since she is a stay at home mom with our young kids, she has a good idea of what to pack and take off with (camping/backpacking gear, food, toiletries, some extra clothes, medical supplies, tools). A couple of backup locations and timelines for when to use them (basically 24hrs at the primary, 24hrs at the secondary and as long as you can wait at the tertiary). Each one progressively further off the beaten path.
azazel1024
Champion

Biggest issue I see in your plan is trying to hole up in a store. In any large population center in a zombie outbreak context, there are going to be lots of them, all over the place. The next issue I see is, that in any kind of population center, anywhere like a Sams club is going to be mobbed with people trying to buy or loot as much as they can, probably relatively early on. Also, some of them are likely to be armed as well if you are thinking fire power is just going to magically get everyone to leave.

Just some thoughts.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I like the rooftop garden idea. I live in Michigan in a house turned into 3 apartments. Our apartment is the whole 2nd floor(top floor). The bottom floor is the other 2 apartments. 1st I would go get supplies at our local Sams Club. Tons of water! I would make sure we filled the sinks with water as well as the bath tub. Then I would go and break the stairs that go up to our place and tie a lot of sheets together so if we had to climb out of our place we could. I would block off all windows with plastic and blankets to help keep heat inside.

When going out for food things like cereal would be ideal! Lots of water and blunt objects like bats. I figure you are safer on a 2nd floor or higher place as long as you have a rope ladder or rope to get there. I think I would survive a long time.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
azazel1024
Champion

A roof top garden could supplement food supplies, but it couldn't support a person all on its own unless you have a damn big roof. It takes around .25-.5 acres of well tended and fertilzed land with good soil to support a single person.

Hydropoics/aeroponics and growing in racks could reduce the space a lot, but then you also need artificial lighting. Though in a green house you could stack and use natural lighting...but you can only stack so high. Maybe 2 trays for most plants and 3-4 trays for low growing plants like strawberries, lettuce, etc) You do have reduced growth because the sun is blocked from the lower trays part of the day. though with a green house you can grow year round.

That is a lot of roofs.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

power up my glitterboy and goto work, wait...... lock the garage, chainsaw the floors, hid in the attic(because i have a hospital less then 1/10 a mile away from me, talk about being at ground zero) and wait.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Return to “Dead Reign™”