Theory 6: Universal Flu Vaccine

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nadrakas
Explorer
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!

Theory 6: Universal Flu Vaccine

Unread post by Nadrakas »

Following along the lines of the "Top 5" theories as presented in Dead Reign (Page 7-8), I present the following News Article and Link: Universal Flu Vaccine Successfully Tested by U.K. Researchers
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/02/07/universal-flu-vaccine-successfully-tested-uk-researchers/?test=latestnews#content

It's a very toned down "Altrucure"...but it's happening for real.

The Theory:
"Most everyone thought the Universal Flu Vaccine (UFV) was a great idea. The scientists told us that it would provide greater protection from the Flu, and for most of us it did. Sure, there were some who still got sick from the Flu, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. There were some who refused to get the UFV, fearful that it was some sort of conspiracy or that it would cause some sort of genetic mutations in their unborn children. Scientists pointed out the fallacies behind these argument; the UFV was targetting two proteins common to all Flu Strains afterall."

"But what if these people were right? What if, like they said, the two Proteins were to mutate and bond with portions of the Human Genome? Viruses had merged with the Human Genome in the past, so could it happen again? The scientists said it wouldn't happen. Then the Wave came and everything changed. People got very sick and died. Then it got worse. The dead started to walk. Did the UFV have anything to do with this?"

Fodder for conversation.

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner

Return to “Dead Reign™”