anti-zombie

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

anti-zombie

Unread post by dargo83 »

what do u guys think the best anti-zombie weapon is and like in merc ops they have the anti-vamp armor what is the best anti-zombie armor or power armor. i personaly like the anti-ballistic armor.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: anti-zombie

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i got gloves that fire a shotgun round when i punch something.
BLADOW!!
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

warhawk wrote:My character ( which sees very little action since I am a GM ) carries a Springfield M-14A1(mk.14 mod.0) 7.65x51mm NATO EBR fitted with a EOTECH 555 Holographic sight and a Sightmark SM 13037 laser sight as his primary weapon and a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle Mark XIX pistol fitted with a Sightmark SM 13037 laser sight as his side arm. He also carries a Katana (16th century not mail order or flea market crap) and a Cobra Derringer .22 as a last resort (suiside hold-out).

As for body aromr, from time to time he is known to wear a USMC Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC).

Very very nice setup. I'd probably have my current DR character carrying a similar loadout, but my gm is stingy. Also, your character doesn't have a problem with the weight of the EBR conversion?

Side note: Do you airsoft?

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

in my games the skys the limit. i allow a lot of stuff in my games cause i am a big fan of the video game aspect where u get bigger and better guns and such.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

M-2 anything like the LAV-25 in regards to controls? Never been in an M-2, but the LAV-25 took me about 60 seconds to figure out how to drive and operate. Maybe not as good as an actual trained driver, but the guy letting me drive it didn't really need to tell me anything I didn't figure out in a minute or two of sitting in the driver's seat before he poked his head down through the hatch.

PS I was lucky enough to have a course that worked with a local defense contractor working on a Marine contract on the LAV-25. Part of it was getting to do familarization with an LAV-25 and the project manager let a couple of us drive it around the parking lot for a few minutes. 25mph in an 13t wheeled armored vehicle seems REALLY fast.

I just wish we could have driven it to a range and played with the bushmaster...but that was verboten (and the contractor didn't have any live ammo, they were working on a drivetrain diagnostic and wireless reporting package for the vehicle).
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

no tanks or vehicals i was talking about armor and weapons
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

a chainsaw double barreled 6 shot shotgun crossbow combo
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

the one guy in Daybreackers the guy had a shotgun/cross bow, then add the urgraded shotgun from bioshock 2 the one with the six shots then add chainsaw
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

warhawk wrote:Not at all, a standard M-14 weighs in at 11.5 pounds and with the EBR conversion it comes in at 11.24 pounds. The EBR takes the standard M14 action and barrel assembly and adds a telescoping stock, a pistol grip, a different front sight, Harris bipod, four Picatinny accessory rails (which surround the barrel), and a more effective muzzle brake in place of the standard flash suppressor. A paddle-type bolt stop similar to that of the M4 carbine was used on the rifle. The EBR stock is made up entirely of lightweight aircraft alloy. A plastic handshield and M68 CCO are also added as standard external accessories, though they are almost always replaced with a vertical foregrip and magnifying scope for better handling and for use in a designated marksman role. A suppressor can be mounted on the muzzle brake, though the U.S. military did not adopt one to active service. Sage International had some involvement in the decision of whether to invest approximately $120,000 in an injection mold incorporating into the design the rail attachments or machine the replacement stock from a solid billet of aluminum with the former being selected. Which all told makes this one of the finest rifles in production today, the only drawback to the M-14 is that it is VERY LOUD and KICKS LIKE A MULE! Which is why I prefer for my character to set up a sniper position and take down as many zeds as he can at range.

I'm aware of the EBR conversion. I've just seen some people using it and they grunted slightly every time they picked it up, which I thought a little odd, so I was wondering about the weight since I've never had the pleasure of handling one of them.

That would be a great weapon to have in a zombie apocalypse, especially if you put a big enough suppressor on it to muffle the shots. Setting up on a hill to clear out a town, shooting all the walkers you can see first, then setting off a distraction over the town, like fireworks or something... y'know... just enough to make them come out for a look to see what the noise was, and go for Round 2 of zombies in a barrel.

They shouldn't know where the shots are as they don't hear them. They aren't smart enough to listen to the direction of the crack of the bullet as it passes them (on a miss). If you are shooting from cover and concealment, they shouldn't be able to see you (assuming it's daytime).

The SR-25, the M110, the SOCOM M21 are all good alternates. Also if you can find an M82A1 with a good suppressor (yes they make em for that big monster) that'd be almost ideal... well except for the weight. That'd be something you'd have to take into account. Course I know some nutter is gonna say "Well why do you need all the fancy stuff when you can do most of what you want with an M4A1/AK47/AK74?" You could, but you'd have to be closer, and close zombies are dangerous zombies.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
azazel1024
Champion

I'd go with a .22LR and a .30-06 or .303 winchester magnum. For preference, the .303 for hitting power, but the .30-06 because of the ridiculous commonality of the ammunition, at least in the states (and probably Canada as well).

7.62x51mm is pretty rare compared to something like .30-06 or .30-30, and that would disincline me to carrying a rifle in a post apocalyptic scenario that took that ammo.

Something that could chamber 5.56x45 NATO would almost be ideal also. .223 is fairly common, and most police and basically all national guard, reserve and military facilities are going to have either .223 or 5.56 ammo that fits (as well as most gun stores, fish and game store, walmarts, etc, etc, etc).

.22 and .22LR is also super common and extremely small so you can carry loads of it.

Just some thoughts. I'd like the .22/.22LR for when its short distance or I have plenty of time. The .30-06 I'd save for when I need to make guaranteed take downs or it is much longer range.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!

I prefer a good suit of Chain Mail, AKA: Shark/Bite-Proof Suit, with a good Bastard Sword for close-quarters work, and a sound-suppressed 30-06 for most ranged work. Durable. Easy to maintain. The Ammo isn't too hard to come across (unlike .50 Cal). Best of all, the rifle is common enough that finding one isn't too hard. For true stealth attacks, I like the Crossman Deerhunter Crossbow. Strong. Quiet as a whisper beyond 20 feet and easy to reclaim or replace the bolts.
Also I find the Crossman line of Crossbows to be both reasonably durable, and simple to maintain and service. The plethora of scopes that fit this line of weapon is quite good, and recommend this weapon highly for stealthy Zed-Killing.

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
azazel1024
Champion

Compared to .30-06. I don't exactly poke over in to the gun aisle of most of the sporting goods stores I frequent, nor do I stop in to a lot of gun stores. However, the few times I do, there is easily twice as much .30-06 on the shelves as .308.

Now don't get me wrong, I love putting a few rounds down range as much as the next guy, but 5200 rounds a year :eek:

That's a good $3000+ in ammo.
-Matt
azazel1024
Champion

Only issue I see there is ammo weight. You aren't going to be hefting a lot with you if you are talking .50 BMG.

.223 to the head of a zombie is going to kill them just as dead and you can carry 6-8x as much ammo, even if you can't reach out nearly as far (200-300 yards is plenty. You are going to have to be damned skilled to hit accurately enough at longer ranges no matter what the weapon for a moving target, even if moving slowly).

Remeber, you have to take out the brain/head of a zombie. Take a limb off, or half the body and it is going to keep shambling/crawling along.

Return to “Dead Reign™”