Battlebots/Robot Wars Bots VS Zombies!

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Battlebots/Robot Wars Bots VS Zombies!

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!

I have an idea; What if a Bot-Building Survivor (College Skills Package?) built a Zed-Killing Saw-Bot, and used remote control to send it out to "Cut some Zed's down to size!" ? What about it? Can DR Zombies (especially those without eyes) even see a Bot? It's not alive, so no Glow/Aura. It just cruises along til the cam on it shows the nearest Zed. Then the operator revs-up the cuttting saw (Think NIGHTMARE in the Arena) and just rolls into the Zed!

I think this will work in total stealth, until the Weapon is turned on or the Zed is hit, THEN it will notice the non-living thing! The other Zeds may or may not notice the Bot, but that Saw/Disk weapon will make very short work of any flesh target. Other designs will doutless evolve to best kill Zombies, because, even if the Bot is swarmed cuz it's moving, YOU-the Operator are SAFE! The worst is that a Bot was sacrificed to tear-up a Zed, rather than risk a Human life. I say build 'em, turn 'em loose and watch the replays safe in your Haven.

What do you think?

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Re: Battlebots/Robot Wars Bots VS Zombies!

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!

19 Views and NOBODY has an opinion as to weather or not Zombies can see/sense Unmanned/Remotely Operated vehicles?
No opinion as to how much damage a Saw/Disk will do?
No opinion as to how the Zombies will react to a moving, but non-living object?

No opinions? Really?

"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i think that they might notice it but until it attacks them. the blade/saw 2d6 to 5d6 its a good idea
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

combine both the long range with the short range then combine that with a few explosives for kicks.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i like it
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

GaredBattlespike wrote:Greetings!

I have an idea; What if a Bot-Building Survivor (College Skills Package?) built a Zed-Killing Saw-Bot, and used remote control to send it out to "Cut some Zed's down to size!" ? What about it? Can DR Zombies (especially those without eyes) even see a Bot? It's not alive, so no Glow/Aura. It just cruises along til the cam on it shows the nearest Zed. Then the operator revs-up the cuttting saw (Think NIGHTMARE in the Arena) and just rolls into the Zed!

I think this will work in total stealth, until the Weapon is turned on or the Zed is hit, THEN it will notice the non-living thing! The other Zeds may or may not notice the Bot, but that Saw/Disk weapon will make very short work of any flesh target. Other designs will doutless evolve to best kill Zombies, because, even if the Bot is swarmed cuz it's moving, YOU-the Operator are SAFE! The worst is that a Bot was sacrificed to tear-up a Zed, rather than risk a Human life. I say build 'em, turn 'em loose and watch the replays safe in your Haven.

What do you think?

I think it's pretty ****ing brilliant.

I'd say that the zeds could see it, but they wouldn't have any real incentive to attack it unless the just attack anything that moves.
Even if they DO attack it, they won't know how to fight it effectively; they'll just try to bite it, and that won't work well against saw blades.

A properly armored Battle Bot could be a very good anti-zombie weapon.

Make a giant version of Ziggo, and you could fill the streets with zombie pieces (until it tore itself up).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Bloody Brilliant! :ok:

As prior posters have postulated, even if the zombies do go after the thing NO risk of life and have fun chewing on the blade, zed!

I would say use the purely saw based idea as a prototype to see if the zeds do go after it despite lack of life signs, they may just end up destroying it. I'm sure it is much more resource intensive to make a 'bot capable of properly utilizing a firearm, so no sense in possibly wasting a valuable gun.

I say once more:

Bloody Brilliant! :ok:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
GrampaAllen
D-Bee

Unread post by GrampaAllen »

Brilliant but making it would generate alot of noise, the resourses are not really useful for anything better.
Build it with a periscope and its excellent for recon as well.
Although the robotwars bots lack in the off road capacity.

Return to “Dead Reign™”