electricity and zombies

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

electricity and zombies

Unread post by dargo83 »

in the book they talk about fire and such but they never mention how they react to electricity. i was thinking if you were to use a tazer or stun gun on them would it buy you a way to escape from there hold. or would the muscle spasm cause more harm then good
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: electricity and zombies

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I assume that the zombies muscles don't work off electrical impulses any more, so electricity wouldn't do anything good.

You could run it as it working, but I'd say only so long as the electrical current is being applied will it cause spasms. Downside is if you are wrestling with them when shocked, you are going to get a bit of a dose as well.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

if there were no electrical impulses then there would be no muscle momement
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Zombies don't have the issue of trauma to deal with though. The instant the current cut off they'd be back to normal. A live person on the other hand, has to deal with pain, muscles that might have cramped due to lactic acid build up during intense spasms, etc. I assume a zombie can't get a cramp as they don't seem capable of fatigue.
-Matt
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

An actual TASER would probably have enough juice to incapacitate a zed by making the muscles contract throughout the body.
As long as the juice was flowing.
A hand stunner would not; they rely on pain as much as anything else.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Dead Reign™”