impaling zombies

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

impaling zombies

Unread post by dargo83 »

i was reading in the book that you can pin a zombie to a wall, the ground, or other object. i was wondering if you could use a nail gun or a rivit gun to do the samething as a crossbow bolt.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Re: impaling zombies

Unread post by dargo83 »

warhawk wrote:I don't think that a crossbow bolt, nail, or a rivet would be able to hold a zombie. They would simply let it tear through their rotting flesh and continue trying to kill or eat you, regardless of what the book says...just my opinion. :D

but what if you modife the bolt or rivets so they have a cross bar that folds out and locks in place just far enough up the shaft to hold the zed in place
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

You wanna get close enough to try to use a nailgun on a zombie? Even with the safety removed, a nail gun is not going to have the kind of penetration to shot and tack a zombie to something.

At best a nailgun is going to punch a nail through about 2-3 inches of flesh unless in close contact.

You wouldn't be able to modify a nailgun to have "cross bars" on the nails.

Rivit gun just plain wouldn't work at all.

Crossbow would possibly work, but again, something with a crossbar on it wouldn't fly well. Might work if you are shooting at really close range with a really, really high draw crossbow.

Honestly for impalling and sticking a zombie to something, your best bet would be a boar spear. Basically its a spear with a cross bar a few inches below the blade to keep a boar from pushing up the shaft. This you might be able impale a zombie on and then stick it to something. Might hold it on there for a bit, but you are going to have to be unreasonably strong to punch the blade completely through a zombie, and then have the force to push the blade in to something (wood I assume) hard enough to lodge such that the zombie wouldn't immediately just pull off the object.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i was thinking of something along the lines of a spear gun with 2 metal bar that are spring loaded that deploy when there launched from the gun. for added affect have a drill in the tip to help it stick into wood or what ever was behind the zed. or something like the javelin gun from dead space2 with the same with the cross bar or the rivet gun like from the same
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

warhawk wrote: :roll:
In my gaming group we have made a house rule, if you can actually build it (in the real world i.e. bring a sample to a game), or provide a blue print for it then your character can have it, provided that they can get their hands on the required materials to build it.
:twisted:
This has had a chilling effect on the use and creation of "fantasticaly impossible" items, like hyper-sonic .38 cal. thermo nuclear bullets. However, this rule did not stop the players from strapping a pair of JATO rockets to their '73 Ford F 250 in an attempt to escape a zombie infested town.
:eek:

:roll: :roll:
I'd turn your game into a living nightmare then, first time you saw my workshop and you'd never make that a house rule.
That wouldn't be a rule to me that would be a challenge.

All his design is doing is adding reverse lugs to the spear shaft of a spear gun.

Dargo it could be built and very easily but you don't want a spear gun you are better off using a line thrower gun http://www.navalcompany.com/images/gunonlyl.jpg
Using hot loads because spear guns aren't powerful enough for full impalement and sticking to wall behind.

Capable to do yes, practical to do no.
Why build something you need to wait for zombies to stand near an object to impale them to. you might as well just get a crossbow and finish them off.
I'd rather build an climbing line gun like this http://media.marketwire.com/attachments ... l5682B.jpg
with a line thrower it would be far more useful to me that way, you could even make a simple one with a spear gun and still get more usefulness out of it then the impaler.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i like the ideas but i would not have it as a primary gun but as a back up weapon or something of a combo weapon like in blade trinity http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/b/b ... 300-75.jpg its a combo of a shotgun and a stake launcher
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

thats a good idea i love it i was thinking of something simaler like with the shotgun i blade 2 with the stake launcher
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

warhawk wrote:This is just my opinion. But, I do not see any tactical advantage that either of those "Fantastically Impossible" weapons would provide over say a simple .22 cal. rifle. But then agin to each his own, if your G.M. will allow it go for it. As for me I'll stick with a M-14 EBR with a AN/PVs-12 scope and both of my trusty .45 cal. M-1911s with extended clips (15 rounds each loaded with FMJ) and laser sights. :twisted: My character also carries a pair of Katanas (16th century not BuddK crap) and a Derringer .32 cal as a last resort. 8)

+1

Or, if you are going to things that stretch the imagination, just going with an M203 with OO buckshot loaded shells for close in work, and HEDP rounds for further away.
-Matt

Return to “Dead Reign™”