Dead Reign Campaign: THe Beginning

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Re: Dead Reign Campaign: THe Beginning

Unread post by Severus Snape »

First off, where in NV are you? I'm located in Vegas, and am dying to game.

Secondly, why would you want to undermine their confidence? If they are doing great, they should be rewarded. Cultivate their feelings of being secure. Sooner or later they'll get cocky, and some plan that they have will backfire. When PCs get cocky, they get stupid. And stupidity only begets near-death experiences.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

somebody needs to die. nothing puts the fear of the setting back in the players like a good PC death.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Yeah, that's an 8 hour drive. And not one I'd be willing to make just to game for a couple hours.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

YOu SHOULD read the Walking Dead graphic novels! There's a storyline where the characters hole up in a prison and it doesn't end well.
They can't see me...Right!?
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

I'd suggest a disease outbreak among the 20 or so noncombatant survivors. Nothing says desperation and survival horror like struggling to find antibiotics or a bunch of preschoolers will die from cholera....
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

onetodie wrote:In response to somebody needing to die, as a GM I don't believe in killing the characters off on purpose, but if it happens as a result of bad rolling/bad decisions, then that is acceptable. THat doesn't make it fun for the players, and the whole idea is for the players (and me) to have fun.

I do want it to be tougher for the players, and I can believe the scare factor can be upped without trying to kill the players. IF death happens, it just does.

that's why you use Difficulty Fluctuation. Start things out pretty hard, then switch to nightmare mode, then ease off when someone bites it. Or set things up so that the group needs a human sacrifice to save everyone. Point is, players become lazy and complacent if they think they can just walk around and do whatever they want.

Return to “Dead Reign™”