Modern Weapons List

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dhorn
D-Bee

Modern Weapons List

Unread post by dhorn »

I was wondering if anyone on the boards has put together a list of modern/contemporary weapons, their penetration values, and damage for weapons that are not explicitly listed in the Compendium.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: Modern Weapons List

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Pretty easy, know what caliber the non-listed weapon is?

Use the penetration value and damage of a weapon that is listed of the same caliber.
-Matt

PS Which, frankly damage values aren't all that realistic, but meh, they work in the RPG context of the game.
dhorn
D-Bee

Unread post by dhorn »

Good point, but being the lazy slouch that I am... I was hoping someone else already had a list to share.

Argh. Back to work. :P
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I'm about a month or so away from my books so I can't simply feed in the round you want through a couple formula and just give you an answer. Heck I've lost my Excell charts of weapons and ammo stats.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
dhorn
D-Bee

Unread post by dhorn »

Damn. That sucks. Like 'lost forever' lost?
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Here's my lazy solution as we share the same gun nut player!

On wiki, look up "caliber" and the entry will have a equivelant round chart. Use that to reference a listed round in the compendium and BLAM-O! Instant baseline damage for newer rounds.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Have you tried the PB Compendium of Contemporary weapons? It should have a lot of what you are looking for, along with damage rating. Just a thought.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
dhorn
D-Bee

Unread post by dhorn »

I think the Compendium could use an update or, possibly more appropriate, a second volume. It might include new weapons or other firearms not listed in the Compendium.

Any other things you'd like to see in a Compendium Vol. 2?
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

I definitely think it could use a 2ed book like HU or TMNT. I would love to see the most modern weapons and ammo, and maybe a small section on concept weapons (prototype or furturistic type weapons, if possible). I just recieved this book a couple of weeks ago as part of a x-mas package, and it shows it's age.

Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

strtkwr wrote:I definitely think it could use a 2ed book like HU or TMNT. I would love to see the most modern weapons and ammo, and maybe a small section on concept weapons (prototype or furturistic type weapons, if possible). I just recieved this book a couple of weeks ago as part of a x-mas package, and it shows it's age.

Truthfully it showed its age as soon as it was published. I like some of the material covered, but allot of it sucked. And some of the art wasn't so hot either.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

There were plans for a fully updated version of Contemporary Weapons to come out as a companion book to the Warpath: Urban Jungle RPG (BTW, whatever happened to that).
They can't see me...Right!?
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Arnie100 wrote:There were plans for a fully updated version of Contemporary Weapons to come out as a companion book to the Warpath: Urban Jungle RPG (BTW, whatever happened to that).

Ummm, unless I miss my guess, it is supposed to come out between Mechanoids Space and Lemuria. :?

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Arnie100 wrote:There were plans for a fully updated version of Contemporary Weapons to come out as a companion book to the Warpath: Urban Jungle RPG (BTW, whatever happened to that).

Think the author is still working on it. He took a break for another project on Jimmy Hoffa and has a day job as a Police Officer.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Dead Reign™”