Fire Damage Question

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Fire Damage Question

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

lucrada wrote:I can't seem to find anywere in the Dead Reign book the damage that fire inflict each round while someone is set on fire... the initial damage of the weapon is clearly state, but not the damage each round after a target as catch on fire and is burning... anyone can advise on that?

Thanks

Shouldn't be more than a quarter the initial damage. I'd just say 2d6. Human flesh dosn't burn as hot as the initial blast.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

How compatible are the rules for Dead Reign compared to Rifts and Heroes Unlimited 2 Edition? If they are compatible, then there are some good rules for it in HU2 under the Alter Physical Structure: Fire power (I don't have my book at hand to verify what page it is on).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

dragonfett wrote:How compatible are the rules for Dead Reign compared to Rifts and Heroes Unlimited 2 Edition? If they are compatible, then there are some good rules for it in HU2 under the Alter Physical Structure: Fire power (I don't have my book at hand to verify what page it is on).
Are you sure you really want to use the undead of "Dead Reign" in other campaign settings??

Collectively, those Undead are hard to kill in that world, where there is no magic or MDC weaponry whatsoever for the Player Characters to use.

In virtually any other Palladium World equipped with either High Damage Magic or Weapons, they are even easier to kill person-per-person than a similarly-sized horde of rampaging humans (they're dumb and slower, most kinds of Zombies, anyway).

Apart from that, it's pretty much like any other SDC setting, right down to the Armor Rating.

EDIT: I think that there MAY be Conversion Rules in either the main Dead Reign books or one of the 2 sourcebooks curently available.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
dragonfett
Knight

I have absolutely no clue about Dead Reign as I have not been able to even see the books or browse through it.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

isn't a mega damage flamethrower called a Plasma rifle? :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dragonfett
Knight

Yes and no, there is a MD flamethrower in the Juicer Uprising book, for comparison.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

IIRC there is a flamethrower in NGR&Triax worldbook.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Abub wrote:
mobuttu wrote:IIRC there is a flamethrower in NGR&Triax worldbook.

really... I have that... i dont' recall it.

I'll go look.

I think some power-armors or robots got them attached as a weapon system.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o

Return to “Dead Reign™”