Random tables.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Random tables.

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

The Civilization Gone supplement for DR has many great random tables. I started using them within hours of buying the book, and haven't looked back.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Lord Death
Explorer

Unread post by Lord Death »

Its a very good sourcebook i,ve even used it for Chaos Earth.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Yeah Civilization gone is great for random tables. I am hoping that Dark places (soon to come, I hope before Halloween) also has some good random tables. With such a blank canvas world (well, sort of blank canvas) my campaigns live and die by random tables. The "whats in a house" is also great, not just for random tables, but also thinking about things a GM can sprinkle around.

I know there are an infinite number of possiblities, but I'd love to see such random tables for other places, such as typical corporate offices, gas stations, police stations, fire houses, etc. (or at least a few common knock over ones, like convenience stores and gas stations).

I tried my hand at a random gas station table a few threads down.
-Matt
Silveressa
Explorer

Unread post by Silveressa »

tlazaroff wrote:Sounds great, I just ordered it along with a grab bag!

I use a MacBook Pro as my primary computer and was trying to think of ways it could help me GM a game. I thought since the web editing software it comes with is so good, I could build a local webpage in it with all sorts of tables and random rolls so instead of thumbing through books I could just click a link. It would be fun to publish, however I think due to copyright I wouldn't be able to, even if I own the books.

Actually unless you outright copy the tables listed in the palladium (or other companies)books publishing/putting on the net your own "home made" random tables would be perfectly fine since they are more of a system neutral table that would fit with any post apocalypse game out there.

As far as for private use with your gaming group, break out the scanner and scan in the pages with looting tables found in the DR, System Failure, and ATB books (As well as the ones you find useful in other products like gamme world/darwin's world, d20 apocalypse etc..) and text/image copy the ones you need out of any gaming pdf's you happen to own. Then do a little ms paint/photoshop editing magic to produce some nice looking table compilations you could open on the laptop or just print out.

As long as you don't sell them/put them up on the net for download I don't see why any outside your gaming group would care (or even know) about your gm "random table tool kit." (Depending on your player group they might be willing to lend a hand on compiling/scanning in the tables as well, especially if you offered to pick up a pizza for gaming night or pass along some extra xp)

Granted some may feel that copying the pages/text from the books is piracy, but if you're not passing them out to everyone; and only copying stuff from books your group actually owns it's nothing more then condensing the available information into a convenient format for you/your gaming group. (much like taking a pile of cd's/mp3's you own and burning a custom cd of your favorite songs for gaming)
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

If you have any different ones please share it.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.

Return to “Dead Reign™”