A Dead Reign Story...

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

A Dead Reign Story...

Unread post by Oberoth »

This story is based on Dead Reign. Specifically Rifter#40 which is my fave. The setting is a fictional Nuclear power plant. There has been
a lot of speculation on the boards about how long the power would last after the wave. This is just one scenario of how and why the power
would go out within days of the wave. Warning! Spelling, punctuation and grammar may not be completely correct.

Chapter one

The day the world stood dead

June 20th, 2012. 11:59 AM EST.

Jack was bored. He sat in the cafeteria of the Lockland nuclear facility doing a crossword puzzle and having an early lunch. The place was
beginning to get busy. Most people were still standing in line at the buffet counter while others were sitting alone or locked in conversation
and small talk. A portly man with glasses sat across from him. He looked to be in his mid fifties and was busy with the daily special,
potato salad. The man was in mid bite when he suddenly doubled over. Jack thought he was choking so he quickly got up and went to his side.
He was about to do the Heimlich maneuver when he realized that the man wasn't choking. It was more like an epileptic seizure. He was convulsing
on the floor in obvious pain. At this point jack noticed that the two woman at the adjacent table were also convulsing on the floor. In fact
everyone in the cafeteria was layed out on the floor except for a nerdy looking man in the corner. Jack tried to recall his name. he worked in
the accounting office, he thought it was Stan. Stan ran up to Jack, and the look in his eyes told him that he was on the verge of panic.
Jack raised his voice over the choked and muffled screams that now permeated the room. "Stan, stay here and call 911. I'm going
to get some help!" As Stan made his way across the cafeteria to the pay phone Jack ran to the hallway. The only two occupants of the hall
were a couple of security guards similarly convulsing on the floor. What was going on here? he thought. Were they being attacked? Jack ran
past the now empty security desk and stopped at the medical office. He burst into the office and nearly ran into an obviously startled nurse.
She was young, in her twenties and quite attractive. Her name tag read S. Riley.

The nurse turned, put her hand on his shoulder and told him to calm down and tell her what the problem was. Between gasps he told her about
the people in the cafeteria and the guards in the hall. She grabbed an emergency first aid kit from a cabinet."Doctor Romero has stepped out,
but I'll see what I can do." They went into the hall and she immediately checked on the guards who were now motionless. "Their dead." She
tried to hide the emotion in her voice but she was clearly distressed by this. To distract her he said "Let's get to the cafeteria
and see if Stan got some help shall we." Reluctantly, she got up and followed him to the cafeteria. Stan was still on the phone when
they entered. When he saw them he said "Thank God your here, there's no response from 911. I think your to late though, they stopped moving a
couple minutes ago." Jack looked to nurse Riley who was busy checking the status of one of the bodies. She looked at jack and resolutely shook
her head. "I'll page security." She said as she went to a hand set on the wall next to the door. She pressed a couple buttons on the panel
and waited. There were many security points throughout the facility, and Jack knew that there would be a quick response to this situation.
Even if it was a chemical or biological attack, Lockland had specialized hazmat teams that would be called in. Then Jack noticed that one of
the bodies was starting to move. Stan was the closest to him and dropped the phone, then went to help him to his feet. "Hey there, easy now...
Are you OK fella?" Just then the man grabbed Stans arm and bit down hard! Stan let out a shriek and tried to push him away. "Hey! what are you
doing!...get the hell off me!" Jack was stunned, he felt as though his feet were made of lead. Nurse Riley screamed behind him. Jack turned around to
see one of the security guards in the doorway. Nurse Riley had dropped the hand set and was backing away from him.

He had what Jack would describe as a twenty foot gaze in a ten foot room, and walked with a noticeable slouch. Then Jack heard it. It was a low
emotionless moan and the sound of it seemed to strike deep into his bones. Riley continued to back away from the man and was in near hysteria
. "That's impossible! he was dead! It's impossible!" Jack could still hear Stan struggling behind him and turned just in time to see several
other people wrestle him to the ground. Things seemed to move in slow motion as he watched them tear Stan apart. His cries for help ended in
a bloody gurgling mess. Almost every body in the cafeteria was up and moving now, and they all started to moan incessantly. They had started
to move in Jack and Riley's direction but he still couldn't move. Riley was shouting now. "We have to get out of here! do you hear me! we've
got to go!" That snapped jack out from his terror, he grabbed Rileys arm and pulled her around the guard that was steadily trying to get to
her. The other guard was in the doorway now and was blocking their escape. Without hesitating he dropped Riley's arm and ran toward the guard
Placing his right shoulder into the guards chest, he tackled him like a football player and They both tumbled into the hall. Nurse Riley
was close behind. He was on his feet within seconds, but the guard was obviously not so agile. It moaned and slowly started to get to its feet.
More moans came from the end of the hall where a small group had appeared since they were here last. Jack grabbed Riley's arm again and they
ran in the opposite direction through a double doorway.
Last edited by Oberoth on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Re: A Dead Reign Story...

Unread post by Oberoth »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Yes! Righteous! Fantastic start to what looks to be a great story. Can't wait to read what happens to Jack and Riley next!

One question, though - I haven't read Rifter #40. Does that issue explain the sudden convulsions and subsequent zombie-ness of the people in the cafeteria and the security guards?

Thanks for the reply LK! Your story inspired me to write my own. :D

To answer your question. yes it does. Rifter#40's zombieism does not start out as an illness before the wave strikes. They simply start convulsing in pain and die. The cause of the wave was a form of ritual magic. A new wonder cancer vaccine called Unisane was magically enchanted by an evil alien intelligence.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Oberoth wrote:
Leon Kennedy wrote:Yes! Righteous! Fantastic start to what looks to be a great story. Can't wait to read what happens to Jack and Riley next!

One question, though - I haven't read Rifter #40. Does that issue explain the sudden convulsions and subsequent zombie-ness of the people in the cafeteria and the security guards?

Thanks for the reply LK! Your story inspired me to write my own. :D

To answer your question. yes it does. Rifter#40's zombieism does not start out as an illness before the wave strikes. They simply start convulsing in pain and die. The cause of the wave was a form of ritual magic. A new wonder cancer vaccine called Unisane was magically enchanted by an evil alien intelligence.

... say it with me people ...

"Brulyx is a Demon Lord, not an Alien Intelligence."

Sorry CL. My bad. :oops:

:D
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Multiple gunshots echoed loudly through the hall, they sounded close. Gunfire usually meant trouble, but in this case it meant that there WAS
help close. Lockland security forces were well armed, and jack was kicking himself now for not grabbing the guards pistol. "That's probably
security." he said. They ran down the hall and turned the corner. There in the hall a short distance down was another security guard shooting
rounds into a maintenance engineer wearing blue coverall's. "Why....wont....you....die!" Each word was followed by a bullet to the chest. He
reloaded his pistol and fired one more round into the engineers head. The engineer dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes. More of them
had started to move in on his position. Jack and Riley ran toward the man. He turned around and Jack could tell he was about to fire so he
threw his hands in the air and shouted, "Don't shoot!...Don't shoot!" He lowered his pistol and told them to get into the security office.
Once inside he closed then locked the door. Jack looked around the room. There were many TV monitors on the wall, each showed a different
camera view of the facility. Now Jack could see the extent of the problem. The cafeteria wasn't the only place were these 'people' were.
They were in every part of the facility. Shambling aimlessly though corridors and rooms. Some just stood there doing nothing at all.
He looked more closely at the cafeteria and could see Stans severed torso dragging itself across the floor. "Dear God...What's happened to them."
he said. "I don't think God had anything to do with this." The voice came from a man in a chair facing the TV monitors. He turned the chair to
face them. "Allow me to introduce myself, My names Edward. I'm the chief of operations of this plant.

He was a thin man, and probably stood over six feet, but it was hard to tell while he was sitting, and he spoke with a English accent. "Troy
and I were about to have lunch when all this started." He gestured to a young man siting beside him. " Once those...things started getting up,
they began attacking people. A young secretary was the first to go. A tragedy really, she was such a nice girl. Anyway, once we realized
they were dangerous we came here. Ted was already in the hall and he held them back until we were inside. That's when you two came along."
Jack turned to the guard, who was still by the door of the room. "Thanks for your help Ted, my name's Jack and this is nurse Ri..." Riley
collapsed to the floor and started sobbing loudly. "It's imposable...he was dead! They were all dead! We're all going to die and become like
them!" Jack knelt down beside her. "Hey there, take it easy. we're safe in here. They can't hurt us. I didn't get your name, what is it? She
had calmed a bit and wiped some tears off her cheek. "It's....Sarah, Sarah Riley." He held out his hand and helped her to her feet. "Well
Sarah, like I said, they can't get in here, Isn't that right Ted?" Ted nodded. "Yes, there's no way they can get in here." Sarah was quickly
regaining her composure. "They'll send help soon right?" she asked, looking at Edward. He seemed to mull it over in his head for a moment, then
replied, "I tried the land line, but it seems to be inoperative and there isn't a cell tower for at least fifty miles. So even if we had one
we couldn't get a signal out. I'm afraid we'll have to wait until they figure out somethings wrong here." He adjusted his glasses and continued.
"There is another matter though. We have to shut down the reactor before it overheats."

"But won't the computer automatically shut down the reactor?" Ted said. "Yes, it would on any other day, but today we were going to test a new
system configuration. Some of the safeties were shut down for the test. We have a few hours maximum before it melts down, kills us and
releases deadly radiation for hundreds of miles!" With the exception of muffled moans beyond the door, the room became deadly quiet. Jack couldn't
believe what he was hearing, this day just kept getting worse as time went on. "You disabled the safeties and decided to go for lunch!" He was
beginning to get angry, the stress and pressure of the situation was almost overwhelming. "I was only going to be gone for half an hour. My team
was monitoring things while I was away." Edward had a defensive tone to his voice. "Now, as you can see, my teams been affected by whatever has
caused this!" A glace at the video of the control room verified Edwards statement. They were shuffling about in no determinable manner, some were
even bumping into desks and control consoles. Ted placed himself in between the two men when he thought it was going to become physical.
"It doesn't do any good to argue about it. Both of you calm down! Edward, what do we have to do to shut it down?
Last edited by Oberoth on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

ewww nice twist....

I like where this is going keep it up...soon I might have to give you the same praise I give Leon... course you are just gonna have to keep writing for us if you want it...lol
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

so how often can we expect updates to this OB? weekly or every few days 8)
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Smlawrence8 wrote:so how often can we expect updates to this OB? weekly or every few days 8)

I'm not a very prolific writer, so I think that weekly updates will be the best I can do. However, sometimes things come to me faster. :-D
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

I shall pray to the unholy gods of death and destruction that it comes to you faster and that bad things happen to many people in your stories
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

you know what else is sad...everytime I see you and Leon on I get excited that you might post an update to your story
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Smlawrence8 wrote:you know what else is sad...everytime I see you and Leon on I get excited that you might post an update to your story

With that said Smlawrence8, here is a teaser for you. Enjoy! :D

IN THE CAFETERIA

When Todd awoke he didn't feel bad. In fact he didn't feel anything at all. he sat up and the world seemed to come at him with a slight
time lag. It was like he wasn't quite connected and 'floating' in his body. Stan Beck was there and he was helping him get up. That's when the
whispering voice came. It seemed to come from all directions, all at once."KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" Stans face suddenly became a
mangled horrifying mass. "KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" Todd instinctively bit down on the first thing in his grasp. He thought he
heard Stan scream, but the sound faded quickly and was replaced by other voices. They were brutal, vicious thoughts and they all had a single
minded desire...FEED! They grabbed Stan and wrestled him to the ground. He couldn't stop himself, he bit and tore at Stans body until he lay
limp and unresponsive. Then he felt it. It was like all the blood rushed back into his body. It was exhilarating! He looked up and saw the
janitor and a duty nurse near the entrance. They 'glowed' with a warm energy. "KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" He started to move in their
direction but His foot caught on something and he began to fall over. Trying to put his hands out to brace himself met with the same slow
responce and he hit face first. Todd was surprised! He didn't feel his head strike the floor. The effects of Stan had worn off already!

When he got back up the nurse and janitor had escaped the room. He was left there stunned. The people around him were still moaning and
staggering after the sweet warm energy that they had left in their wake. He moved as fast as he could into the lightly glowing trails.
It became obvious that he was faster than the others in the cafeteria, and as such was the first one to reach the energy trails. Their energy
only provided a minuscule boost. It wasn't enough, HE NEEDED MORE! He followed the energy into the hall where it dissipated into nothing.
By now there were more of 'them' in the hall to his left. "THEIR YOURS! COMMAND THEM! KIIILL!...KIIILL!" For the first time since he got up
Todd spoke. "All of you, follow me!" Their eyes seemed to focus briefly on him, and then they waited. Todd started off in the direction of the
energy trail moving slow enough so the others could keep pace. They were going to kill every living person in this building.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Awsome sweetness...
I'm hungery fer just reading this!
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Oberoth wrote:
Smlawrence8 wrote:you know what else is sad...everytime I see you and Leon on I get excited that you might post an update to your story

With that said Smlawrence8, here is a teaser for you. Enjoy! :D

IN THE CAFETERIA

When Todd awoke he didn't feel bad. In fact he didn't feel anything at all. he sat up and the world seemed to come at him with a slight
time lag. It was like he wasn't quite connected and 'floating' in his body. Stan Beck was there and he was helping him get up. That's when the
whispering voice came. It seemed to come from all directions, all at once."KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" Stans face suddenly became a
mangled horrifying mass. "KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" Todd instinctively bit down on the first thing in his grasp. He thought he
heard Stan scream, but the sound faded quickly and was replaced by other voices. They were brutal, vicious thoughts and they all had a single
minded desire...FEED! They grabbed Stan and wrestled him to the ground. He couldn't stop himself, he bit and tore at Stans body until he lay
limp and unresponsive. Then he felt it. It was like all the blood rushed back into his body. It was exhilarating! He looked up and saw the
janitor and a duty nurse near the entrance. They 'glowed' with a warm energy. "KIIIILL THEM!...KIIIILL THEM ALL!" He started to move in their
direction but His foot caught on something and he began to fall over. Trying to put his hands out to brace himself met with the same slow
responce and he hit face first. Todd was surprised! He didn't feel his head strike the floor. The effects of Stan had worn off already!

When he got back up the nurse and janitor had escaped the room. He was left there stunned. The people around him were still moaning and
staggering after the sweet warm energy that they had left in their wake. He moved as fast as he could into the lightly glowing trails.
It became obvious that he was faster than the others in the cafeteria, and as such was the first one to reach the energy trails. Their energy
only provided a minuscule boost. It wasn't enough, HE NEEDED MORE! He followed the energy into the hall where it dissipated into nothing.
By now there were more of 'them' in the hall to his left. "THEIR YOURS! COMMAND THEM! KIIILL!...KIIILL!" For the first time since he got up
Todd spoke. "All of you, follow me!" Their eyes seemed to focus briefly on him, and then they waited. Todd started off in the direction of the
energy trail moving slow enough so the others could keep pace. They were going to kill every living person in this building.

Holy Carp I only get on here while at work. I was off for a few days and thought about checking it but didnt. Now I wish I had.. And I agree with the previous comment. DIdnt see that coming
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Glad you guys like it. :D I should have another submission within a couple days.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Oberoth wrote:Glad you guys like it. :D I should have another submission within a couple days.

DUDE the zombie side is a great idea....
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Thanks Leon. I have been quite busy lately and I have not been able to write as much as I would have wanted. I thought that the zombie point of view was a good way to introduce the antagonist(Thinker zombies make great bad guys). So I decided to submit what I have so far. Here you go.

THE PLAN

Sarah had comletely calmed down and was back to being a nurse. It seemed to help her to focus on something other than the constant moaning
beyond the doorway. "Is anyone hurt?" She asked. Troy spoke up and jack noticed for the first time that Troy's arm was bleeding. "One of them bit
me." Sarah whent over to him and began dressing his wound with the emergency first aid kit she had grabbed earlier. Ted came back from the
adjacent room after checking the other exit and still had his gun in hand. He set it down on the desk, opened one of the drawers and
produced a map. "The other exit is locked and I didn't hear anything from behind it, we may be able to get out that way." Ted layed out the
map of the power plant on the desk and circled their position. Edward started going over his plan. "As you can see, we are here." He pointed
to to their position on the map."The control room is in the opposite wing here. I need to get inside and run a shutdown program. Simultaniously
we need to manualy switch the emergency coolant flow valves in the reactor room. We'll need to split up into two teams, Troy knows how to
operate the valves so he will have to be in the reactor room." Edward circled the reactor room on the map and continued. "The main problem is
getting to these rooms and communicating between the two teams." Ted opened another drawer and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Consider the
communications problem solved, I have the mate to this. I tried contacting the others when this all started but there was no responce." He let
out a deep sigh. "If we're going to do this I think we all need to be armed. I don't have any more guns but there's a couple batons in the
next room.

Troy looked the map over. "We have to get accross the turbine area to get to the reactor room, and it looks like there are a bunch of those
things blocking our path." Jack had been in that area on many occasions and knew there would indeed be to many people there for them to handle.
"There are some things missing on this map. A maintainance tunnel follows the length of the turbine area and exits near the reactor room, but
on another level." Jack traced the path of the tunnel with his finger. "If we get to this point a stairwell is directly to our right. Once we
go up a level it's a strait shot through a hallway to the reactor room." Edward adjusted his glasses. "Hmmm...yes that looks good. The control
room will be easier to get to.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

wow don't stop please nice
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Thanks for your interest everyone. Enjoy!

THE PLAN CONT...

Edward adjusted his glasses. "Hmmm...yes that looks good. The control
room will be easier to get to." Lockland was divided into two large structures. One was for the internal machines and equipment that composed
the reactor and power production of the plant. The other was for administration and control of the plant. Both were connected by a laberynth of
tunnels and hallways but there was a main hallway that connectd them directly. Edward turned to the video monitors. "The main hallway is clear
. At least for now. If we move quickly we could make it without resistance." Jack leaned back in his chair and lit a cigarett. "Do we really
have to put our lives at risk for this? Are you positive that the reactor will meldown?" Edward turned and gave him a stern glance. "Oh
I'm quite certain. When this thing goes it will make Chernobyl look like a bloody campfire! We have no choice in the matter I'm afraid." Jack
exhaled his smoke and looked at everyone in the room. Troy had a sickly pale color to his complexion and seemed to get paler by the minut.
Everyone else had somber expressions on their faces. They were all facing the most unimaginable and obsurd situation of there lives. Jack didn't
think it could get any worse. "OK. You and ted try for the the control room. Sarah, Troy your with me."

PUTTING IT IN ACTION

By the time Ted and Edward had quietly left the security office and entered the main hall, six of the stricken plant employees were there.
"This isn't going to be as easy as I thought." Ted said. He pulled the slide on the pistol to load a round into the breach. It made an audible
'Chu-Click' witch echoed quite loudly through the hallway. One of the stricken turned to face them. When she saw them, she let out a loud moan.
Each one slowly turned and began to shamble towards them. A man ran out of an adjacent office and headed their way. At first Ted thought it
was a survivor, but as he got closer he noticed his mouth was frothing with black foam and his face and shirt were smeared with blood. Edward
let out a small gasp! "Bloody hell!" Ted fired a couple rounds into his chest hoping to slow him down, but to his horror the man didn't flinch.
He remembered the earlier head shot that brought down the engineer and took carful aim. All his training was beginning to kick in as the man
bared down on them. He was thankful now that he spent those extra hours in the firing range. He squeezed off a round that hit the man square
inbetween the eyes. It tumbled over itself, hit the floor and slid stopping mere feet from the two. Ted let out a deep breath that he seemed
to be holding. "Good shot!" Edward praised. The slow ones were easy, and by the time they had reached the fire doors they were like so much
fodder. Ted toggled the walkie pinned to his left breast. "Jack! I should warn you that some of these things can run! Hit them in the head.
They'll stay down if you hit them in the head! They waited briefly for a reply. "Thanks Ted. I heard you. Tell us when you get to the control
room...ahh.. over."
"Roger." Ted returned.

Jack, Troy and Sarah had made there way to the stairwell when Ted contacted them. The moment Jack finnished replying to ted they heard a moan
from the lower staircase. "I think we have company." Todd said. He started to cough and abruptly through his lunch onto the stairs. He was
ghostly pale and shook almost uncontrolably, like he was sufferring from hypothermia. Sarah whent to his side. Todd pushed her away. "I'm
alright! Lets just get going. They cautiously went down a flight. When they reached the basement there was man trying to climb the stairs.
He was only marginally succsessful and was mid way up the first flight. It moaned and seemed to double it's efforts to get to them. "what do we
do now Jack?" Sarah said. Jack and Troy were armed with a baton and Sarah picked a heavy spiked paper weight from the office desk. This was
all so unreal. It was this surreal feeling that allowed Jack to do what he did next. He whent down the steps until his feet were level with the
mans head. With all his strenght he kicked it in the head. It stumbled backwards and landed on it's back at the base of the stairs. Jack jumped
over it and brought his baton down hard on its skull. He bludgeoned it over and over again releasing all his fear and tension untill it's head
was bloody pulp on the concrete.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

woot lovin it
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Do you have any more chapters for us? Please don't tell me that this story is dead...

No it's not dead. Just busy, I'll have a new entry this week sometime. :D
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Sorry for my tardy submission but I have been busy with another related project which is absorbing much of my time.

IN THE HALL

Todd heard the gunshots ring out through the hall. He started moving faster toward their direction but stopped when he heard the radio clipped to
the security guards belt. "Jack! I should warn you that some of these things can run! Hit them in the head. They'll stay down if you hit them
in the head!" There was a brief pause. "Thanks Ted. I heard you. Tell us when you get to the control room...ahh.. over." The other man responded.
"Roger." Todd smiled broadly. So they think they can kill MY minions and get away with it..eh. There's more than one way to the control room and
I'll be waiting for them.
He grabbed the radio and clipped it to his belt. Then took the gun. Moving as quickly as his body could, he
took his next right into A service hallway. He needed a quick way to get to the control room he thought. They were much faster than him but
they were still on foot. He smiled again when that thought dawned on him. There was only one way to get there before they did, his car.

Jack stood over the unmoving body. He was breathing heavy and when he looked at Troy he had a stunned look on his face. Sarah Was looking
at him with absolute horror. "What!..Don't look at me like that! Their not people anymore! Someone had to do it" Troy let out a small cough.
"I just never saw anything like that before is all. We should keep moving." Sarah stepped down the staircase being shure to avoid the blood
and gore. Cautiously She looked through the little window in the door. "I don't see any more of them yet. Jack opened the door as silently
as he could and moved into the hallway. The three of them made their way down the hall to the maintinance doorway. Troy tried the door. "It's
locked!" Jack dangled a set of keys in his face and said. "This was my plan remember. I have keys to almost every door on this wing. A sound
stopped Jack from speaking. It was a quick guttural snarl. They looked with terror as a man in blue coveralls ran toward them. Sarah screamed!
"Get that door open Jack!". He fumbled with his keys, and when he thought he was about to panick he found the
right one. Jack thrust the door open and they all ran in slamming the door behind them just in time. They heard it pound on the door over and
over snarling and moaning it's discontent.

Todd walked out onto the parking lot. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shinning brightly. He was surprised how many of his brethren were
there. There were about a dozen or so of them suffling around the parking lot. He could feel them and could sense their thoughts. They were
a mix of anger and thirst. But mostly confusion and sadness. He went over to his car and got in. After laying the pistol on the seat he
started it up. Driving now he shuttled himself to the far end of the facility and parked next to the entrance to the control center.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

ohh the thinker is getting creapy.....
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Not dead yet. Just busy with other projects at the moment; but I will have a submission sometime within the next couple few days. Thanks for reminding me Leon. :)
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Hello. Here is a new submission. It's small because my computer crashed and I lost my recent data.

Jack Trent, Janitor. All his life experience had not prepared him for what he was facing now. The absudity of it, the sheer unimaginable fact that the dead were coming to life before his eyes. Just hours ago he was living an average life in a average world. Soccer moms took their children to school, secretaries wrote memo's and men in suits wheeled and dealed in their high towers. All the while expecting it all to be there the next day or the next minute. The illusion of life had been revealed to be a fallacy, like a great veil had been removed from his eyes Jack could see how fragile it all was. They were in a dimly lit maintenance tunnel; water dripping from some unknown source echoed lightly in his ears. Pluming and electrical conduits lined the walls and roof fading off into the darkness. Troy was a mess. He was going through painful spasms now and shook uncontrollably. He was average looking except he was heavily built and wore blue coveralls wich were the normal attire for engineers and technicians in the plant. "Is he going to be ok?" Jack said to Sarah who was already at Troy's side. "I don't know Jack. He's in shock."

Sarah was a nice looking woman. She was slightly shorter than jack with curves in all the right places and her uniform presented them quite nicely. Her brunet hair was disheveled and though her mascara was was running from crying earlier her beauty still showed. She was the kind of woman who used makup to accent her beauty, not to create it. Under other circumstances Jack would have hit on her by now. She tried to keep Troy from falling but the man was to heavy for her. He fell to the ground in convulsions. Oh no! it's happening again. Jack thought. Troy made one final gasp and went limp. Sarah checked his pulse then closed his eyes which were still open. "He's dead jack." She hid her emotions better this time but Jack knew that it was another blow to her fragile calm. Jack tugged on her had. "Come on, let's go. We don't want to be here if he gets up again."
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

hey why is troy convulsing...did I miss something?
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Smlawrence8 wrote:hey why is troy convulsing...did I miss something?

He got bit! :eek:
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Oberoth wrote:

Single bite. I thought you had to die to become zombielicious
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Smlawrence8 wrote:
Oberoth wrote:

He did die. The virus killed him.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Oberoth wrote:
Smlawrence8 wrote:
Oberoth wrote:

He did die. The virus killed him.

I meant I thought they had to kill you. Not just you get bitten. I dont know because I havent read the DR rifter....and I am playing in this awesome online DR game based on the rifter so I should probably get all the info I can for it.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Oberoth, did this story die?

I'm devoting my time to my DR campaign right now. There didn't seem to be allot of interest in this story. However, if more people express interest in it I will continue.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

I thought it was an awesome story..and maybe it can intersect you campaign a little down the road
ronekiln
Wanderer

Unread post by ronekiln »

The viewpoint from the zombie was amazing. I was looking forward to reading how it all ended in the powerplant.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

dude i love it keep it comming
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

when are we going to get some more of the story
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Hello all. It has been some time since I thought of writing more of this story. Thank you all for your interest. I will think long and hard as to weather I will resume this story......
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

dude dont leave us hanging

Return to “Dead Reign™”