Board index » SDC Worlds » Dead Reign™

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Half-Living aren't part of the original Rifter submission, so no rolling for random psionics there. In the game line, that have minimal PPE (d4, iffen I recall correctly).

Would you allow one to manifest psionics?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
My opinion would be that if the person had psionic powers before being converted, they would keep them.
But, in my opinion, the conversion process would not awaken any latent psionics/super powers/magical abilities/whatnot.

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

Dungeon Crawler

eliakon wrote:
My opinion would be that if the person had psionic powers before being converted, they would keep them.
But, in my opinion, the conversion process would not awaken any latent psionics/super powers/magical abilities/whatnot.

Based on the loss of PPE, and how it's described as a draining, I would agree with you.

A traumatic event is often used as a trigger for awakening abilities in a victim. But this is a comic book trope, not a zombie apocalypse trope, so it doesn't really fit the RPG. It fits better in the Rifter article, though...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:14 am

Dungeon Crawler

Anybody else got an opinion?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
thorr-kan wrote:
Anybody else got an opinion?

Sadly this forum itself is half-living I think :P

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Explorer

what types of psionics . are you thinking about . burster would be a good one . a game i was in we used the psionics from beyond the supernatural . to keep it balanced

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:00 am

Knight

While we're on the topic of trauma awakening latent psychic abilities, I wouldn't say it's just a comic book trope, as it also happles to Dopplegangers in Nightbane, which is Horror like Dead Reign.

Which also raises an interesting question: if a human becomes a Half-Living, do they qualify as dead enough to allow the human's Doppleganger to survive past a 3rd day on Earth?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:51 am

Dungeon Crawler

Axelmania wrote:
While we're on the topic of trauma awakening latent psychic abilities, I wouldn't say it's just a comic book trope, as it also happles to Dopplegangers in Nightbane, which is Horror like Dead Reign.

Which also raises an interesting question: if a human becomes a Half-Living, do they qualify as dead enough to allow the human's Doppleganger to survive past a 3rd day on Earth?

Prior discussion was that it was not. But I think it needs further examination.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Knight

I think at bare minimum, a Doppleganger's human turning into a Half-Living ought to DOUBLE the amount of days (to 6) that they could survive on Earth (without bringing the Half-Living to the Nightlands) before dying.