Board index » SDC Worlds » Dead Reign™

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 am

Champion

Are there ways to utterly prevent or at least lessen (reduce range) the zombie moan (scream for Fast Attack) when they spot you and try to do it?

What would be the effect (partial or full) in these for example:

1) zombie bites, you roll higher than their strike with an Entangle... jaw immobilized?
2) zombie headbutts, you roll higher with their strike with an Entangle... head immobilized?
3) you knock off a zombie's jaw
4) you put a bucket over a zombie's head (not sure how to work that out combat-wise...)
5) you stuff a sock into a zombie's mouth (similar, what do you roll to strike with there?)
6) you throw a zombie into a hole so that the walls muffle the sound a bit, so it is a less of a direct line from them to other zombies
7) you wire a zombie's jaw shut

There seem to be a lot of situations where you could at least compromise (reduce range) if not fully eliminate the effects of a moan/scream to alert other zombies.

I just don't know if any rules were printed for them. It would be great to have guidelines for how to penalize the moan/scream in such situations.

That's assuming it does work using sound physics (air flow) and isn't some magical effect, in which case I guess all bets are off.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Hero

If I remember rightly the silent zombie(not sure of the proper name for it) have lost the ability to moan due to the loss of their lower jaw/damaged throat and neck or some such and that they are super quiet because they can't moan, basically a ninja zombie.

I will admit I could be wrong about, don't have my DR books at hand for the moment.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Champion

I found "Silent Sloucher" on book 3: Endless Dead, pg 13. Hadn't paid much attention to the variants yet (mostly just looked for new OCCs) nice reference!

It mentions though that "Some zombies without throats or working vocal cords can still perform the Zombie Moan" so it isn't necessarily physical damage that causes it.