Worst Zombie weapons

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Re: Worst Zombie weapons

Unread post by asbjorn »

Those bubble guns and water pistols.
I would like to see one of those air pressure potato shooters in action also.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

ICHIBAN11 wrote:What could be the worst zombie weapon you can think of?

For me, an electric blower. It's loud, not a lot of power to even launch rocks and need a power cord to limit your range
Tasers.

They're amongst the very worst weapons for Dead Reign Zombies because just about everything else that is useless against them LOOKS useless, while a Taser makes the owner think that he has something effective and might cause him to directly confront a Zed with unfounded confidence.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tirisilex »

Hmm.. A large spoon..
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Tirisilex wrote:Hmm.. A large spoon..

Well at least it worked against Sir Robin of Locksley... :wink:

...but seriously I would tend to think that pepper spray or other non-lethal sprays would be a worthless weapon as well - you spray that into a zed's face and you'll just tick him off. :? I tend to think that when it comes to worthless weapons like that we would be better off with hairspray and a barbecue lighter (Though not much - because when a zed catches fire it will spread it all over the place if not contained...) - that's shows how bad pepper spray is against zombes. :D Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

any weapon that doesn't get past an Armor Rating of 14....useless.

but srsly using your teeth on a zombie would be the worst
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Do you think a set of false teeth wielded in-hand by an elderly gent would count as a slashing or stabbing weapon?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Nerf Gun.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

Grabbing a revolver from the office in a school where you were exploring, you check and see that it is fully loaded. As you walk out the door into the hallway you are grabbed by a Juggernaut wearing a weather worn letter jacket from this school. Great, must have been the heavyweight wrestler here or something. As you feel his undead fingers locking on to the back of your shirt, you smile and push the pistol against his head and pull the trigger. Click, BANG! You hear the moan start up from the end of the hallway so now must be a good time to get going.... hurg! You are being hoisted into the air by your shirt... "That Zombie isn't dead?! I shot it point blank!" Do it again! Click, BANG, BANG, BANG. "Oh no..... they use these stupid guns to start the track races.... the bullets are all blanks. That means I am...."

Zombie food.
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tirisilex »

How about a blow gun.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

ICHIBAN11 wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

For me, an electric blower. It's loud, not a lot of power to even launch rocks and need a power cord to limit your range
Tasers.

They're amongst the very worst weapons for Dead Reign Zombies because just about everything else that is useless against them LOOKS useless, while a Taser makes the owner think that he has something effective and might cause him to directly confront a Zed with unfounded confidence.

For the same reason how about those fake novalty katanas. With the hype from movies, tv or even the internet someone could grab one from the mall thinking that it'll cut through anything. THe reality is that it's dull as a butter knife and cheap metal that will snap the moment they use it.
#Michonne's Katana from "The Walking Dead"

People don't realize (and it's not their fault) just how useless even the best honest-to-God genuine, weapons like katanas and wakizashi would be against even normal humans, let alone undead, in the numbers that survivors would encounter them (they are intended by design to grievously injure/incapacitate the living, not physically destroy the already dead). And that's talking about the real, high-quality, folded-a-thousand-times good ones.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

ICHIBAN11 wrote:A Frankilnator?

:lol: Love it! :lol: Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :D

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

cornholioprime wrote:People don't realize (and it's not their fault) just how useless even the best honest-to-God genuine, weapons like katanas and wakizashi would be against even normal humans, let alone undead, in the numbers that survivors would encounter them (they are intended by design to grievously injure/incapacitate the living, not physically destroy the already dead). And that's talking about the real, high-quality, folded-a-thousand-times good ones.

And I thought the melons had it bad... (Sorry R. Lee Ermey! I'm still a big fan!). But I agree - training and experience are what makes a weapon or other survival tool useful to the survivor. Without proper use of the tools you have at hand, such can be deadly. Please, take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Tor wrote:Do you think a set of false teeth wielded in-hand by an elderly gent would count as a slashing or stabbing weapon?

well the wonderful thing about human teeth is that we have a few for any purpose! like prying off bottle caps and chewing aluminum foil and tearing spoiled meat!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Grell wrote:Nerf Gun.

Though not silent, I feel as if they make less noise than a gun... and if nerf is flammable, you could probable use it like a short-range bow/crossbow to set zombies on fire, even if the base weapon itself does no damage.

Have not fired enough bow/crossbow to compare nerf gun noise levels to them, anyone comment? I still feel like it's less or around the same, giving a nerf advantage.

Illendaver wrote:Grabbing a revolver from the office in a school where you were exploring, you check and see that it is fully loaded. As you walk out the door into the hallway you are grabbed by a Juggernaut wearing a weather worn letter jacket from this school.

It's too bad that due to their natural AR, nothing but mega-high-AR stuff like platemail/SWAT gear will actually serve to protect zombies in any way from attacks.

Although, I do recall some bit about motorcycle leather helping to absorb crash damage (I think in HU, can't recall if in DR), so it might be useful for pattern/mock biker-zombies or zombies riding on the back of a motorcycle driven by a cultist or something along those lines, since I don't think AR plays into crash damage since there's no strike roll.

I guess in pursuing that whole "no strike, ignores AR" line of thought, armoring zombies might help protect them from explosions, fire or falls (including defensive automatic body flips)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

The A-Bomb. :? Dropping a nuclear warhead onto a target full of zombies would be disastrous, because while the center of the actual blast would atomize a bunch of zombies, it would turn every ravenous zombie in the periphery into ravenous radioactive zombies that spread radiation and disease over such a wide area. So the nuclear option is out. :wink: Anyhoo... please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Epically
Explorer

Unread post by Epically »

Lori Grimes.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I dunno, if we consider any zombies killed by Carl (and in TV, perhaps Judith in future) to be an indirect death caused by her and Rick (or Shane) then she might count.

Like she is the grenade launcher and Carl is the frag grenade.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

A Yo-Yo most of them in the US would not be a good weapon even thou they started as weapons.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I love Ness in SSB but was not aware of that... Wikipedia says it was first invented in ancient Greece, with some theories that it may have originated earlier in China, but having trouble finding info about origin as weapons. Did it go by another game?
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Just to let you know, blanks are dangerous. Also any one who has fired blanks before, they don't work to well with m-16s
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Blue_Lion wrote:A Yo-Yo most of them in the US would not be a good weapon even thou they started as weapons.

I don't know about that... that sawblade on a string from Octopussy was pretty awesome, although the guy using it didn't win the fight. Just sayin'... 8) Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

P.S.: Happy New Year folks!

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Chopsticks?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Chopsticks (Sheet Music).
SittingBull
Hero

Good one.

\m/_ -.- _\m/
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

A leaf blower
A baguette
A one inch piece of string
A used hypodermic needle left on the ground
An unmodified Wiffle bat
Pudding
Jell-O... In the shape of a sword
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
A boiled egg
A toy gun that makes noise when the trigger is pulled
A HAND gun... As in pointing a finger and yelling bang
Mothballs
A Frisbee
A flashbang grenade

All items are assumed to be unmodified.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
SittingBull
Hero

Flash bang grenades, though, if used properly would be excellent for diverting attention away from the players; but true, not as a pure weapon.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:Flash bang grenades, though, if used properly would be excellent for diverting attention away from the players; but true, not as a pure weapon.

Exactly! :-D That is what they are good for in a zombie apocalypse, to lure zombies away from the good guys and into a holding area or a deathtrap. Maybe one can create a flash-bang grenade that goes off more than once over a predesignated interval? But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

P.S.: Nothing says "Just killing zombies my dear..." like giving them a Chopsticks-induced paper cut... :lol:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

cornholioprime wrote:Michonne's Katana from "The Walking Dead"

People don't realize (and it's not their fault) just how useless even the best honest-to-God genuine, weapons like katanas and wakizashi would be against even normal humans, let alone undead, in the numbers that survivors would encounter them (they are intended by design to grievously injure/incapacitate the living, not physically destroy the already dead). And that's talking about the real, high-quality, folded-a-thousand-times good ones.

What's the issue? Pretty sure she sharpens it in between fights as it dulls from use.

In regard to destroying the undead, I think the major difference here is that in TWD the undead are actually weaker than humans (they're rotting, easier to cut) and not stronger than humans like in Dead Reign where they get armor ratings.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Illendaver wrote:Grabbing a revolver from the office in a school where you were exploring, you check and see that it is fully loaded. As you walk out the door into the hallway you are grabbed by a Juggernaut wearing a weather worn letter jacket from this school. Great, must have been the heavyweight wrestler here or something. As you feel his undead fingers locking on to the back of your shirt, you smile and push the pistol against his head and pull the trigger. Click, BANG! You hear the moan start up from the end of the hallway so now must be a good time to get going.... hurg! You are being hoisted into the air by your shirt... "That Zombie isn't dead?! I shot it point blank!" Do it again! Click, BANG, BANG, BANG. "Oh no..... they use these stupid guns to start the track races.... the bullets are all blanks. That means I am...."

Zombie food.

A blank at point (pardon the pun) blank range to the head would still kill a human. There's stil the expanding gas and wad and what not. It can kill. Putting one up to someone's temple and pulling the trigger would likely still kill them. Repeatedly doing so even more so.

Ask Brandon Lee.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Warmaster40k wrote:Just to let you know, blanks are dangerous. Also any one who has fired blanks before, they don't work to well with m-16s

They work just fine. As with any automatic weapon for a blank to be able to cycle the bolt you have to plug the barrel so the gas goes down the gas tube. It does make the weapon really dirty though. I fired over 700 rounds (24 30rnd mags) playing opfor for convoy and MOUT training at Altus AFB and maybe 2 caused a misfire.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
SittingBull
Hero

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Illendaver wrote:Grabbing a revolver from the office in a school where you were exploring, you check and see that it is fully loaded. As you walk out the door into the hallway you are grabbed by a Juggernaut wearing a weather worn letter jacket from this school. Great, must have been the heavyweight wrestler here or something. As you feel his undead fingers locking on to the back of your shirt, you smile and push the pistol against his head and pull the trigger. Click, BANG! You hear the moan start up from the end of the hallway so now must be a good time to get going.... hurg! You are being hoisted into the air by your shirt... "That Zombie isn't dead?! I shot it point blank!" Do it again! Click, BANG, BANG, BANG. "Oh no..... they use these stupid guns to start the track races.... the bullets are all blanks. That means I am...."

Zombie food.

A blank at point (pardon the pun) blank range to the head would still kill a human. There's stil the expanding gas and wad and what not. It can kill. Putting one up to someone's temple and pulling the trigger would likely still kill them. Repeatedly doing so even more so.

Ask Brandon Lee.

Sadly yes.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Everything that's not a lightsaber.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Sword of Atlantis challenges your lightsaber.

Return to “Dead Reign™”