Rifter Zero - Downloaded!!!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Rifter Zero - Downloaded!!!

Unread post by NMI »

Just downloaded this badboy of work!
It is a good read. Nice art throughout (mixture of digital and what appears to be color pencils?)
Articles were well done.
I can see this going into my binder soon!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Rifter Zero - Downloaded!!!

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

What is the Phase World article about, since it looks to be the only thing I'd currently use?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Braden Campbell wrote:What is the Phase World article about, since it looks to be the only thing I'd currently use?

A list of all the known planets, their owners/ indigenous species throughout the Palladium Megaverse.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

For Palladium's first try, not bad, but not good either. Artwork throughout is fair, with the cover being the best piece (the pencil art looks to be from a 10th grade art class in most cases).

The Weapons & Bio-Enhancements, and Ludicrous Magic, are good, haven't really read the rest yet, but was disappointed with A Megaverse of Skills (oddly was hoping for skill descriptions too, instead of just "Book - Name - %").
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Yendor wrote:For Palladium's first try, not bad, but not good either. Artwork throughout is fair, with the cover being the best piece (the pencil art looks to be from a 10th grade art class in most cases).

The Weapons & Bio-Enhancements, and Ludicrous Magic, are good, haven't really read the rest yet, but was disappointed with A Megaverse of Skills (oddly was hoping for skill descriptions too, instead of just "Book - Name - %").

Yendor, you DO realize that the Rifter #0 project was a 100% volunteer, non-professional, the articles and artwork were all completely donated from fans of Palladium Books, edited by Prince Artemis himself... right?

Now I've just ordered it this morning, but for a totally fan originated product, it's a great piece of work, and a fitting entrance into downloadable products from Palladium. Fitting in that Palladium has done so much for their fans, that the fans did something back for the company.

[/end rant]
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Then my apologies, not knowing it was 100% fan made.
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

It does have it's good points, and bad points, but then again, what product doesn't? 68 pages long? That's about right for all the skills there are xD I made my judgment not knowing it was 100% fan based/made, so I did view it in the wrong light.

The articles are good, though transition/layout needs a touch, and the art, well, I can't draw worth a dang myself, so I shouldn't be too critical/harsh. But of course, improvement comes with practice/publishing more (heck, I have The Mechanoids Trilogy on my shelf, and, no offense, but compared to later works, it is quite rough looking).
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Yendor wrote:It does have it's good points, and bad points, but then again, what product doesn't? 68 pages long? That's about right for all the skills there are xD I made my judgment not knowing it was 100% fan based/made, so I did view it in the wrong light.

The articles are good, though transition/layout needs a touch, and the art, well, I can't draw worth a dang myself, so I shouldn't be too critical/harsh. But of course, improvement comes with practice/publishing more (heck, I have The Mechanoids Trilogy on my shelf, and, no offense, but compared to later works, it is quite rough looking).

Well, I had 12 artists volunteer, only one actually produced. The rest dropped off the face of the earth. I then contacted the guy who does the 3D art and he was a machine pumping out all that stuff. My favorite honestly is the final pick. It looked better when i got it but it got a little pixilated from the resize unfortunately.

I wouldn't really allow the skills with desc either. A) that would make it an actual source book, not a rifter. It would also blow up the size by 50%.

As to layout, that's most a time problem. Corrections needed to be made last minute and I didn't have the time to perfect the format as it had been after the corrections were made. I did however tried to make it as presentable as possible.

To be perfectly honest with you, I really wasn't sure how it would be received, but I'm happy with it so far. This was the test really, and depending on what Kevin and Co say, I'd be willing to try it again.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Prince Artemis wrote:As to layout, that's most a time problem. Corrections needed to be made last minute and I didn't have the time to perfect the format as it had been after the corrections were made. I did however tried to make it as presentable as possible.

1) For a first product, you did a great job. Kudos to you even with the nitpicks!

2) The beauty of a PDF product is that you could go back, clean stuff up and then resend it to all the buyers without a single penny of capital expense. All erratta could be integrated without any printing costs.
mr.phillup
Wanderer

Unread post by mr.phillup »

My art was done using ink and colored pencils. The Ram Mage’s “Globe of Daylight” Spell was done using Photoshop. Thanks for the feed back. I think the 3-D stuff was very good. To all who get this enjoy it was fun to be a part of it.
A full-length campaign for TMNT with kangaroo ninjas, assassin weasels and special forces wolverines! With lasers on their head. By Kilgs on RPG.net
http://mrphillup.deviantart.com/
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Haven't grabbed it yet, but intend to. Hmmm. Fathers day is coming! (Goes to find his kids and drop hints....)

Also, Prince Artemis, I had sent you a short story for publication in it but never got the signed permission to you. (At least not in time.) My apologies for that, I would have liked to be a part of this. Let me know if you do another one. I'll be there, for sure!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

I too would like to submit somethings if there is another one. I also plan on getting it for fathers day as well.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Where's the site address? :?
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Thanks
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Can anyone tell me if the archmage spells in rifter zero are just regular magic, or are there any speicalty magics included (i.e. Tempral magic, Necromancy)

As I'm pretty sure I explained it in the opening for the book, the archmage spells are common magic, just a more difficult type of magic that requires a little more magical experience to be able to cast.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I grabbed mine when it was announced & saved it to a CD-Rom.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Was there any Ninjas & Superspies material in Rifter #0?
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

His Highness Mantis,
I don't recall any, but it has been a while since I read that. I will have to check this when I can.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Mantisking
Hero

Lord Z wrote:His Highness Mantis,
I don't recall any, but it has been a while since I read that. I will have to check this when I can.

Anything yet?
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

No,there is no such article in Rifter 0.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Mantisking
Hero

Lord Z wrote:No,there is no such article in Rifter 0.

Thanks for checking.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Mantisking wrote:Was there any Ninjas & Superspies material in Rifter #0?

Surely this means we need N&SS stuff for Rifter 0.1!!!

I have a con adventure that was a hoot (A Nuke in Venice). Perhaps I will see if it can become submission worthy.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I was hoping that someone would offer some Ninja-love. We haven't seen a N&SS adventure since way back in, I think, the teen issues of Rifter Mag.

Mantis King, do you have plans for those modern weapon updates that you have been posting at Tank Nine?

Mantisking
Hero

Lord Z wrote:I was hoping that someone would offer some Ninja-love. We haven't seen a N&SS adventure since way back in, I think, the teen issues of Rifter Mag.

Yeah, it has been a while. If you don't count the character from the swimsuit issue, that is.

Lord Z wrote:Mantis King, do you have plans for those modern weapon updates that you have been posting at Tank Nine?

I do have a plan to re-write the modern weapons list from Ninjas & Superspies. Which I'm partly done with. I'd need an artist to do pictures of all the weapons though. I have a bunch of other stuff I'm half-assing my way through as well.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Uh-oh, I don't think we have an artist on the team who draws cranks, irons, and boomsticks.

Mantisking
Hero

Lord Z wrote:Uh-oh, I don't think we have an artist on the team who draws cranks, irons, and boomsticks.

That's okay. I'm nowhere near being done and I don't think I'd make the deadline anyway.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”