I dont suppose...

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

I dont suppose...

Unread post by 13eowulf »

That anyone has any news or word on this?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Prysus
Champion

Re: I dont suppose...

Unread post by Prysus »

13eowulf wrote:That anyone has any news or word on this?

Greetings and Salutations. None that I'm aware of. One of the articles was just printed in Rifter #70, so could be a bad sign, or could just mean since it was so large removing just one article wasn't a big deal. Next week is the Open House, and I intend to ask Kevin about it if I get the chance. That's the best I can give you for now. Farewell and safe jojourneys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

according to a source of mine who made it to the thursday open house, Palladium needs all of the authors to contact them and re-express interest

i'll see if i can get better info from my source if i can, but i get the feeling that they need up to date contact info and want to make sure no one has changed their minds.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

glitterboy2098 wrote:according to a source of mine who made it to the thursday open house, Palladium needs all of the authors to contact them and re-express interest

i'll see if i can get better info from my source if i can, but i get the feeling that they need up to date contact info and want to make sure no one has changed their minds.

Greetings and Salutations. Also there. From my impression, project got sidetracked and forgotten. Some of the material is of varying quality (which may need rework or removal, though he never said how the varying quality affects things and I'm guessing). They're also not sure if the authors are still interested (I spoke up and said I was). So it's a matter of continued interest and possibly taking more action to help it see print. Distracted, talk more later.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Sorry for the delay (first time I've been on the computer since I returned from the Open House). So I had a chance to talk to Kevin a bit more about the Rifter 0.1 project. This is my take from the conversation (though I could be misrepresenting his viewpoint on accident, so if I say something that offends someone consider it may be my fault and not his) ...

Some of the work was quite good (such as glitterboy's article which saw print in Rifter #70). However, he also felt some of it was lower quality (more graded towards a "C" ranking). So he's kind of hesitant to print some of it because he wants a quality product (releasing sub-standard material can hurt the company's reputation), but he doesn't really want to hurt anyone's feelings either.

I was also under the impression that he wasn't happy with the formatting of the PDF (like I think he said it would print sideways or something like that), and that he wanted a more unified formatting/style with consistent font, etc. Basically more in line with the Rifter 0 and their standard products. While some of us may think more can be done with a PDF, I think he feels more comfortable with their standard layout. So the question then becomes who will reformat it? Will it be the original editor, Wayne, or someone else (the less Palladium staff has to do the more likely things are to see print, in my opinion).

So I think the idea here is that it would come back down to us, with level of interest and the amount of work we're willing to put into it (and/or possibly cutting material). I know I'm still interested and willing to help with what I can. I cannot speak for others. For example, I know some people submitted with the idea that this was to help Alex M. after the fire. Suffice it to say, I think we're long passed that point. So are they still interested or would they rather retract those articles?

Anyways, these are just a few thoughts and my overall take from the conversation. Hopefully some of this helps, and we can decide on our next actions. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I sent Wayne an email about submitting mine for the Rifter.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”