Rifter 0.1 is ALIVE!!!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Rifter 0.1 is ALIVE!!!

Unread post by Lord Z »

BIG NEWS!

I spoke with Wayne last week, and I have been contacting contributors since then. We have a green light! The next instalment of Rifter Zero (working title Rifter 0.1) has been approved. All those contributions which were floating in legal limbo are now alive again.

I have volunteered myself for the job of Editor in Chief for Rifter 0. I have chosen, however, a tight deadline. We will be collecting Unsolicited Manuscript Forms through February. Ask me to send you the mailing address. If you sent a UMF to Matthew already, that isn't good enough. In terms of paperwork, we are starting from scratch. If you do not get a signed UMF to me by March 1, you will probably be edited out of the final project.

During this same time, we will also be accepting fresh contributions. Since the final product will be in ebook format (.pdf specificall), there is no maximum length. If you had an article which was just too large for regular Rifter, let us take a look at it. We also are looking for fiction, artwork, and anything else. For example, we are including a 3D town viewable using Google Sketch. There are several pieces that I would like to supplement with more art, and I will be looking for some cover art.

Some licensed game lines, like Robotech, won't be accepted for contractual reasons. Ask me for specifics, and I will pass your questions onto Wayne (or just call and ask him yourself; I don't mind).

During March, we will be editing the materials and compiling them. I could use some help with this stage as well. The goal is to get a finished product to Wayne for him to read around the end of March.

UNDERSTAND! This is a volunteer project. I do not speak for Palladium Books. Contributors will not be paid for their efforts. All contributions become the legal property of PB. We are doing this because we really are that cool of people.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Prysus
Champion

Re: Rifter 0.1 is ALIVE!!!

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I know there are various submitted works already. I know you have work for Palladium Fantasy (as I submitted it) and Beyond the Supernatural (as that's yours), but what other game lines do you have work for? And what game lines would you still like to see more submissions for? Depending on how things go, I may consider working on a second project just to help fill more gamelines. Though I'll say I don't have many ideas right now so that's why I'm asking. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Note (general): For everyone else reading this, submitting more work to those game lines above is fine (except Robotech for legal reasons). Just because work has been submitted for a game line, don't be afraid to submit more. New material is always good, so don't be shy. If you have an idea, then go for it.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Excellent, good to hear :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Rock & Roll!!!

Mega-Thanx to Prince Artemis for launching the RZ project and to Lord Z for pick up the gauntlet for the second issue!

I submitted an article for the OOP Mechanoids: Homeworld RPG. I will be finishing at least one more Mechanoids article and a "How To" article for people who want to join the Megaversal Ambassadors.

If I have time this month, I will finish my article on civilian vehicles in Phase World and a villain focus for Palladium Fantasy.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

There are some excellent questions and points raised here, gamerz.

The issue about which gamelines are permissible is a big question. I think Robotech and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles RPGs are both out. Now an old friend raised the question of a Macross II RPG article. I would like to get an answer from Wayne himself, so I will ask about this soon.

The Gifter materials are something I would like to keep separate. That stuff has already been released, and I like the fact that NPCs you sort of need to run the games are for free. I am referencing only the materials in the two issues of Gifter which you put out, Big R.

Although, we were kicking around new names when we were moving towards a free release. Moving away from Rifter 0.1 might actually be a good idea so as to cause less confusion with Matthew's project as mentioned several times on Gateway to the Megaverse. I would also appear that some materials, like the Ecowizard article for HU, is no longer available to us though it was submitted to Matthew's proposed Rifter 0.1.

I only ever considered Rifter 0.1 to be a working title. Do we want a different title? If so, what would it be?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. From a legal standpoint, Macross II should fall under the same category as Robotech. Licensed products include ...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Robotech/Macross*
Rifts Manhunter**

*Legally they may (or may not) be two different copyrights, but they're both the same universe and owned by a company that's not Palladium.
**This is another licensed line, including Myrdian Press (and not solely a Palladium product).

Game lines that should be open include ...

Rifts (including dimension books such as Phase World and Wormwood)
Palladium Fantasy
Heroes Unlimited
Nightbane (any "Nightspawn" articles would have to be changed to Nightbane for legal issues)
Dead Reign
Beyond the Supernatural
Ninjas & Superspies/Mystic China
After the Bomb
Splicers
Weapon Compendiums
Recon (?)

As an individual, I was just curious which gamelines you already had submitted material for. Such as you already have submissions for gamelines A, B, and C, but would like to see some articles for X, Y, and Z. More just a curiosity than anything. Again, you can feel free to check with Wayne for the above, but I'm pretty sure if another company holds the license then you should avoid it. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Let's see -- we have article for BtS, PF, Mechanoids, Rifts (the Arnzo corner of Rifts Earth specifically), and hopefully a new setting for Heroes Unlimited. That last part will need to be run past Wayne first due to a specific issue. If I find it, I might throw in my Megaversal Being Class which is a point-based character creation system for any Palladium game. That was the first item to pledged to R-Zero, but I would really want another contributor to give it a critical review and/or edit first.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I'm glad to see that we should have articles for (what I consider) the three main lines (Rifts, HU, and PF). That does help ease my feelings of (myself) needing to think up some project to fill one of those gaps. Everything after those three I view as extra. BtS, Mechanoids (can't believe I forgot Mechanoids on my list above!), and an alternate point buy system all sound like great extra additions. That would be 5 different lines (and possibly a megaversal article), so it's looking well rounded so far.

Lord Z wrote:Although, we were kicking around new names when we were moving towards a free release. Moving away from Rifter 0.1 might actually be a good idea so as to cause less confusion with Matthew's project as mentioned several times on Gateway to the Megaverse. I would also appear that some materials, like the Ecowizard article for HU, is no longer available to us though it was submitted to Matthew's proposed Rifter 0.1.

I only ever considered Rifter 0.1 to be a working title. Do we want a different title? If so, what would it be?

Well, in Rifter 0 it mentions the possible name "Rifter 0.1" or maybe "Rifter -1" (or even other possible names). I believe there was actually a discussion on this when Rifter 0.1 started and one of the reasons people liked Rifter 0.1 is because it had more of an electronic/computer type feel (like an operating system, or something like that). The small part of me that has an odd sense of humor wants to call it Rifter Z (Z is for Zero, really).

Though with all of that said, Rifter 0.1 I think is a fine name. While I understand the concept of distancing it from the canceled version, this one was indeed still born from it (with some of the same articles). While it has a new editor, the project is still similar. Also, by calling it "Rifter" we help identify it to Palladium fans as a fan magazine of mixed content. The name is familiar, and you can't beat name recognition. The suffix of "0.1" also helps set a naming scheme for future electronic versions (0.2, 0.3, etc.). If a new name is selected, I do still believe it should be called "Rifter" and then given an ending that will set the ground for additional issues (instead of totally random naming schemes each time). Maybe something as simple as "e-Rifter", but I really think you shouldn't mess with the "Rifter" name, because once you do it may come off as cheap and/or a rip-off as opposed to official. Well, kind of went on that a little longer than I intended.

Before I go, for RGG, if any material from the NPC Rifter/Gifter were to be allowed, the people who contributed would have to sign UMF and submit them. Since previously it was a fan, unofficial project that wasn't an issue (and the reason some people participated even). But once it becomes official everyone would have to fill out and sign UMF, otherwise it couldn't be used. While I know Lord Z mentioned the idea of keeping them separate, I wanted to mention this in case you decided to submit some of the material anyways.

All right, I think that's all for now. For the record, I have no authority so if you don't want to take my word for it you don't have to. I'm only speaking from things I've heard Kevin, Prince Artemis, and others talk about so many times before. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

I wonder if the Rifts Manhunter stuff became Palladium stuff. Does anybody know?

As for what to write, everyone should write whatever they love - big game lines or wee ones.

As for a new name, Rifter Zero has always be fave of mine, but the hope is that going forward we could one of these each year or so. Thus, I get why another name could be useful.

Maybe calling the fan PDF the "Megaversal Ambassador: Issue Two"? Ties in with the campaign to promote those fans promoting PB to new fans. Thus the PDF is "for Fans by Fans".
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

From what I have heard in the past they can not do anything with Manhunter. I don't know who even owns the IP after Myrmidon Press went under.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I sent an update to Wayne tonight. I directly asked him which game lines were off limits, mentioning Manhunter, Robotech, TMNT, and Macross II. I would like an official answer before I pass along instructions.

Another matter has come up in response to the News Release that I got from Palladium Books this evening. Alex M. and his family suffered a personal tragedy. Their house burnt and is a complete loss. It has been suggested that this issue be devoted to Alex and we ask that profits be given to him. I liked the suggestion as soon as I read it, but it's not my decision to make. It would have to be a consensus decision at least -- if not unanimous. It is not what we agreed to do, but I want to discuss it.

Please, no one tell Alex yet.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

HOw about Rifter MA. In this case Issue 1

MA - Megaversal Ambassador. Releasing actual product for use with the games PB makes is probably the biggest hing MA's can in fact do.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

jaymz wrote:HOw about Rifter MA. In this case Issue 1

MA - Megaversal Ambassador. Releasing actual product for use with the games PB makes is probably the biggest hing MA's can in fact do.

Rifter MA ... ... ... why do I suddenly feel like I'm in some TV cop show spin-off? CSI ... Miami. Law & Order ... Special Victims Unit. Rifter: Megaversal Ambassadors.

Greetings and Salutations. Sorry if that came off insulting (meant in friendly jest, not to criticize), the thought just hit me as and had to share. For the record, the idea actually isn't bad (in my opinion) and I think has merit. I wouldn't be opposed to such a name at all. I'll say good suggestion, as the more ideas we have the better.

Also, for the idea of the profits serving as a donation, I personally would support the idea. Though I'm not sure if you're looking for a consensus from the contributoers, or just referring to that Palladium would have to reach a decision. If you mean the contributers, while I'm up for the concept (and even support it and say it's a good idea), as a volunteer I never really had say in how they spent the profits in the first place. Hmm ... well, I guess it could offend someone so they didn't contribute in the future and/or as a customer. Well, whichever it is, know that I personally feel it's a great idea. If that's where the profits will go, I find myself even MORE motivated to try and help this project be as successful as I can (not that I have any clue of what I could do, but I'll definitely start thinking harder). Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Lord Z wrote:I sent an update to Wayne tonight. I directly asked him which game lines were off limits, mentioning Manhunter, Robotech, TMNT, and Macross II. I would like an official answer before I pass along instructions.

Another matter has come up in response to the News Release that I got from Palladium Books this evening. Alex M. and his family suffered a personal tragedy. Their house burnt and is a complete loss. It has been suggested that this issue be devoted to Alex and we ask that profits be given to him. I liked the suggestion as soon as I read it, but it's not my decision to make. It would have to be a consensus decision at least -- if not unanimous. It is not what we agreed to do, but I want to discuss it.

Please, no one tell Alex yet.

Great idea. I would support that 100% as a consumer.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

What's your deadline for submissions?

I feel that you should move away from any title with Rifter in it. Keep the lines/brands separate.

Something Megaversal, Megaverse Unlimited, Megaverse Unleashed or something, I dunno (big help aint I?).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I like the idea of Rifter: M.A. It could have a subtitle of "From the minds of the Megaversal Ambassadors" or something like that.

As for the profits going to Alex, I'd think that would have to be up to Kevin, but I think it's a great idea. I'd buy a copy no matter what, but I might buy more than one if it were helping him.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I like the "Rifter 0.1" title. It implies there's a Rifter 0, and it should have a link to this one.
Also, keep the subtitle idea. Maybe; "From the Finest Minds of the Megaversals."

(Inside page; "You may ask; "Who are the Megaversals?" That's simple. They are everyone who has contributed to The Rifter, signed up as a Megaversal Ambassador, or had their names printed in Heroes Of The Megaverse. They are all the players, readers, GMs and fans of the Palladium Books lines of games. They are those who answered the call of help from The Crisis of Treachery & are still with us today. And hopefully for a long time afterwards.
Who are the Megaversals? Look in the mirror. There's one now.")
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I'd vote Rifter 0.1
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

BookWyrm wrote:Also, keep the subtitle idea. Maybe; "From the Finest Minds of the Megaversals."

I like this!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Credit where it is due -- supporting Alex with this project was the suggestion of Spinachcat.

To clarify, I was speaking about consensus from the contributors. It is the contributors who are performing a service. I wouldn't redirect those efforts towards a different goal suddenly, even if I do like the idea. That would be like taking charity money from an orphans' fund and suddenly giving it to a soup kitchen instead. Odds are that no one hates soup kitchens, but still people want to know that their gifts are going towards the places where they were intended.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Oh yeah, I would want to have any new materials in my hands by the end of February -- with signed paperwork. That leaves us with the month of March for editing and putting it all together.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'd love to see this issue become the Help Alex Issue.

Prysus wrote:why do I suddenly feel like I'm in some TV cop show spin-off?

LOL!

You'll never take me alive copper!

The Dark Elf wrote:I feel that you should move away from any title with Rifter in it. Keep the lines/brands separate.

Might not be a bad idea. I am not attached to the title either way. On one hand, I see why the brand separation is a good idea, but on the other I do like honoring the Rifter #0 that Matthew made happen.

What was the Palladium magazine called before the Rifter?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Spinachcat wrote:Might not be a bad idea. I am not attached to the title either way. On one hand, I see why the brand separation is a good idea, but on the other I do like honoring the Rifter #0 that Matthew made happen.

What was the Palladium magazine called before the Rifter?

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I disagree a little from Dark Elf and still think keeping the name "Rifter" would help with the name recognition and legitimize the project. With that said, did they have a magazine before the Rifter?

Wait ... um ... The Magic of Palladium Books! Was that a magazine? Interesting. That could be an interesting flash to Palladium's past and future. With the 30 year anniversary, maybe something a little retro could be kind of cool. I hadn't thought of that one, though that could be interesting. Or did you mean some other magazine (in which case I don't know again)?

Anyways, I think that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

BookWyrm
Champion

The Magic of Pallaidum Books was, self-described, "An unabashed house organ" (I have the PDF, a gift from my brother, on Christmas. :D). It combined aspects of newsletter, supplements & adverts for Palladium Books products. I consider it a forerunner to The Rifter.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

Involved Observer wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Also, keep the subtitle idea. Maybe; "From the Finest Minds of the Megaversals."

I like this!

Cool. :)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Just an after thought to further expand on something mentioned earlier. Maybe keep the official name "Rifter 0.1" (recognizable), then having it crossed out and have "The Magic of Palladium Books" written instead with something like "30 years and counting" below it or something. Inside, for the dedication, have something like: "Dedicated to the finest minds of the Megaverse, whose efforts helped make this work possible and continue to bring this extended Palladium family together."

This gives it a still recognizable way, but helps distance it by giving it a more dominant title that also pays tribute to Palladium's past. Then, if there are future supplements/additions, we could go either way (Rifter 0.2, or a new "Magic of Palladium Books" version). Anyways, just some more thoughts (mostly expanding on what was said earlier). While I was a strong supporter of keeping the "Rifter" title, I do think "Magic of Palladium Books" could be a good idea due to the 30 year anniversary thing.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm just continuing to throw out the ideas. An option you may consider is (after you have enough options) to just make a poll and ask for people to vote.

Rifter 0.1
Rifter: Megaversal Ambassador Edition
Rifter -1
The Magic of Palladium Books

All right, that's all for now ... again. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Shawn Merrow

Think donating the profit to Alex is a great idea. Will see if I can get something done in time.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

So far, it seems that we all like the idea of using this project to support Alex. I still want some more of the contributors to weigh in on this decision.

In other news, I now have three artists who have volunteered -- that's one more than I hoped to have help out. That's not counting my wife who illustrated our Redneck Minotaur for the BtS section. Shawn, you would be very welcome, but you still have gotta mail that UMF like everybody else. I am very pleased with participation thus far. If I can get papers from two thirds of the contributors, the project will still be great. If I can get papers from half of the contributors, we'll still go forward with what he have, and it will still be pretty darn good.

Shawn Merrow

I know, will have to go buy stamps.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I received our first UMF today!

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I spoke with Wayne just minutes ago.

Concerning which gamelines are out of bounds, it is exactly what we thought -- No Robotech, no Manhunter, no TMNT, and no Macross II. Everything else in the clear.

In terms of us using materials that were already submitted to Rifter Magazine, Wayne says that he will have to look into each request on a case by case basis. Phantasia Dominia and Deep Frontiers are both articles that he will review.

The big question, about turning Rifter 0.1 into a project to benefit Alex, is -- expectedly -- something he will have to clear with Kevin.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Yes, donation of proceeds to Alex and his family is a go.
Unfortunately, I haven't yet had the chance to look at those two
Rifter submissions we discussed. I will definitely get back to you on
those next week.

That is the message I received today from Wayne. Let's all spread the word!

Shawn Merrow

Awesome :ok:

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is a list of the articles actually received so far...

'Anthropology 101: The Palladium World' for Palladium Fantasy
'Basecamp 13' for Mechanoids
'Boxed Nightmares 2' for Beyond the Supernatural
'Psi-Dentist P.C.C.' for Rifts (1st edition, interestingly)
'Megaversal Being' for any Palladium game
'Seeds of Our Past' for After the Bomb

Stories received so far...
'Shadow Falls on the Night Sky' for Palladium Fantasy

Artwork received so far...
1 large b&w piece for Mechanoids
3 large b&w pieces for Beyond the Supernatural
1 small b&w piece for Beyond the Supernatural

On a personal note, I am working again on converting Shadow Beasts and other Shadow Creatures to BtS 2nd ed.

Now is the time to send me those UMFs, contributors. Now is the time I begin pestering you! Come on, guys! I have only received one lousy signature so far!

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Not be an a$$ or anything but this being a Fan project why are the UMF's even needed since it is not actually being submitted to Palladium per se? Just curious.

\m/
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

jaymz wrote:Not be an a$$ or anything but this being a Fan project why are the UMF's even needed since it is not actually being submitted to Palladium per se? Just curious.

Greetings and Salutations. Probably because this IS being submitted to Palladium, and needs to meet their approval. This is a fan/volunteer project, but it is also an official Palladium project. It will be sold (with proceeds going to help AlexM after his loss) on their site (or DriveThruRPG at least) as an electronic Rifter (fully associated with Palladium Books). The UMF are for the same reason they always are, to avoid a legal issue of them using something then someone trying to complain/sue later over some issue of them having used it. Don't confuse a volunteer project by the fans as the same as an unofficial fan project. Make sense? I hope so. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. If this is poorly worded, my apologies. I'm typing this very quickly while I'm at work.

P.P.S. For note, I mailed my UMF today. At least I think I mailed them. I was kind of in a rush to get to work, but I'm like ... 90% sure that was a mailbox.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Lord Z wrote:Here is a list of the articles actually received so far...

'Anthropology 101: The Palladium World' for Palladium Fantasy
'Basecamp 13' for Mechanoids
'Boxed Nightmares 2' for Beyond the Supernatural
'Psi-Dentist P.C.C.' for Rifts (1st edition, interestingly)
'Megaversal Being' for any Palladium game
'Seeds of Our Past' for After the Bomb

Stories received so far...
'Shadow Falls on the Night Sky' for Palladium Fantasy

Artwork received so far...
1 large b&w piece for Mechanoids
3 large b&w pieces for Beyond the Supernatural
1 small b&w piece for Beyond the Supernatural

On a personal note, I am working again on converting Shadow Beasts and other Shadow Creatures to BtS 2nd ed.

Now is the time to send me those UMFs, contributors. Now is the time I begin pestering you! Come on, guys! I have only received one lousy signature so far!

Mine is in the mail!

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Prysus wrote:
jaymz wrote:Not be an a$$ or anything but this being a Fan project why are the UMF's even needed since it is not actually being submitted to Palladium per se? Just curious.

Greetings and Salutations. Probably because this IS being submitted to Palladium, and needs to meet their approval. This is a fan/volunteer project, but it is also an official Palladium project. It will be sold (with proceeds going to help AlexM after his loss) on their site (or DriveThruRPG at least) as an electronic Rifter (fully associated with Palladium Books). The UMF are for the same reason they always are, to avoid a legal issue of them using something then someone trying to complain/sue later over some issue of them having used it. Don't confuse a volunteer project by the fans as the same as an unofficial fan project. Make sense? I hope so. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. If this is poorly worded, my apologies. I'm typing this very quickly while I'm at work.

P.P.S. For note, I mailed my UMF today. At least I think I mailed them. I was kind of in a rush to get to work, but I'm like ... 90% sure that was a mailbox.

Ok that makes sense thanks Prysus

\m/
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I received a signed paper yesterday from Warren. Um, which of us is Warren?

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

*wave* Yo.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks, Hibik!

The rest of you guys who contributed to Boxed Nightmares 2 last year -- we will cut your stuff out if I don't get new signed papers. Soon, I will begin roleplaying a pushy editing director.

Shawn Merrow

Took a few days off for a convention but promise to get back to work Monday afternoon.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks for the update. I haven't checked my mail since Friday. Today is a holiday with no mail delivery. I am expecting a big pile of signed papers in my mail on Tuesday -- right?

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Great news, I received a bundle of signed papers in the mail yesterday. That means we'll have a lot more material to actually use. Additionally, I got four more pieces of art and a novella -- yes, an entire 54 page novella. That brings our page count up to 308!

If you have not received a note from me about receiving your Unsolicited Manuscript Form, that means I probably haven't received it yet.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Lord Z wrote:Great news, I received a bundle of signed papers in the mail yesterday. That means we'll have a lot more material to actually use. Additionally, I got four more pieces of art and a novella -- yes, an entire 54 page novella. That brings our page count up to 308!

If you have not received a note from me about receiving your Unsolicited Manuscript Form, that means I probably haven't received it yet.

Hey, don't get too excited about the novella until you've had a chance to read it. It could just be a big file of "See Dick and Jane in the 'Burbs. See Dick get wasted by a Dead Boy. See Jane cast Animate/Control Dead." :lol:

Oh, and have you gotten my Unsolicited Manuscript Form yet?

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I decided to start a new e-mail address for this project:

Rifterzero@live.com

Now, isn't that easier to remember?

Shawn Merrow

Been down in weather the last few days but will hopefully will get back on track this weekend.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Been down in weather the last few days but will hopefully will get back on track this weekend.

But, you look good; and that's what's important!

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sent in my UMF!

I am finishing my polish on Basecamp 13!
I am awaiting 2 more interviews for the Megaversal Ambassador article!
I am finishing my Rifts adventure!

You'll see a big email from me either Sun / Mon night!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Outstanding, S-Cat!

I received another article and signed UMF today, this time for Splicers.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”