I've had all I can stands, I can't stands no more

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

I've had all I can stands, I can't stands no more

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

I'm done, projects dead. If you submitted, feel free to submit to the rifter.

Frankly, I'm am sick of volunteering for a project I didn't want to do in the first place and being everyone's bloody whipping boy for it.

Good luck.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

Re: I've had all I can stands, I can't stands no more

Oh, for those of you who submitted forms, I'm going to burn them. So don't worry about your names, addresses or anything else falling into the wrong hands.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well, thank you anyway for the work you have done. It's a shame you didnt get more.....respect and better treatment about it and I hope to see you do something Palladium related in the future.

I am one who said if you are going to do it then do it but I honestly didn't know you were getting the type of harassment you are receiving over this whole thing.

Thanks again, Rifter 0 was a masterpiece of fan based material and effort.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

great, and me only a day away from finishing my SkyKnight Industries Article...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Prince Artemis wrote:Oh, for those of you who submitted forms, I'm going to burn them. So don't worry about your names, addresses or anything else falling into the wrong hands.

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I'll start by saying I was saddened to hear it's canceled (again), even if not all together surprised. I had tried to offer help when possible, but won't try to convince you to stick with a project you don't want to do. After all, this should be fun (or at least some form of enjoyment), not a source of grief.

With that said, I'll ask you don't burn all the UMF yet. While I could easily print out a new UMF and submit it to the Rifter or whatever else, I know the same may not be true of everyone else. There is one other contributor (the Boxed Nightmares 2 submission which I believe RGG mentioned is 300 some pages, and I knew it was larger than mine but not THAT big) had a work compiled from several different contributors. It took him time and effort to get all the signatures required, but he's not sure if he can do it a second time. I'm just asking that you try to do anything such as burning them, as that may limit his options. I understand why you said it (because people I'm sure have complained about giving their information, etc.), but I don't think you mean it to hinder someone else's work either. So I just ask you to hold off for now, at least to give him time to contact you personally (as he may want the forms back for whatever his next step may be).

As for RGG, I believe the case with number of submissions is as follows (though I'm not official and could be wrong). Approximately 5 people submitted an article and the UMF. Two of the articles were rather large (mine being 80+ pages and the other being over 100 pages, from your last post maybe over 300!). While that does sound like a lot, there are a few issues with this. First, I believe Prince Artemis had hoped for a varied project (instead of just 5 articles, with most of that being very focused instead of a mix of talent and settings). Second, not even all of those 5 were guaranteed to be considered "quality" pieces of work, by him or by Palladium (who also had to approve everything). Let's say one (or both) of the large articles weren't deemed quality or otherwise inappropriate (maybe covering some inappropriate topics that Palladium doesn't want to touch). The whole book drops considerably in size, and suddenly may not even fill one entire book. Third, even if everything is accepted, there would be the final acceptance contracts to be signed (I believe). If only half of the people who submitted articles submitted UMF, we can't count on everyone who submitted a UMF to return the contract. So let's say one or both of those people don't return their contracts, that further decreases the size of the project. Fourth, there is the lack of art submissions I do believe.

Anyways, hopefully that didn't come off picking on anyone or sounding lecturing. I'm merely trying to explain things as I know them (I've been following this progress for a good year, probably more, since I had a submission involved as well). My words are not official, but I do believe they're accurate. I'm hoping to explain the process for a better understanding for all involved. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day to one and all. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Prysus wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:Oh, for those of you who submitted forms, I'm going to burn them. So don't worry about your names, addresses or anything else falling into the wrong hands.

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I'll start by saying I was saddened to hear it's canceled (again), even if not all together surprised. I had tried to offer help when possible, but won't try to convince you to stick with a project you don't want to do. After all, this should be fun (or at least some form of enjoyment), not a source of grief.

With that said, I'll ask you don't burn all the UMF yet. While I could easily print out a new UMF and submit it to the Rifter or whatever else, I know the same may not be true of everyone else. There is one other contributor (the Boxed Nightmares 2 submission which I believe RGG mentioned is 300 some pages, and I knew it was larger than mine but not THAT big) had a work compiled from several different contributors. It took him time and effort to get all the signatures required, but he's not sure if he can do it a second time. I'm just asking that you try to do anything such as burning them, as that may limit his options. I understand why you said it (because people I'm sure have complained about giving their information, etc.), but I don't think you mean it to hinder someone else's work either. So I just ask you to hold off for now, at least to give him time to contact you personally (as he may want the forms back for whatever his next step may be).

As for RGG, I believe the case with number of submissions is as follows (though I'm not official and could be wrong). Approximately 5 people submitted an article and the UMF. Two of the articles were rather large (mine being 80+ pages and the other being over 100 pages, from your last post maybe over 300!). While that does sound like a lot, there are a few issues with this. First, I believe Prince Artemis had hoped for a varied project (instead of just 5 articles, with most of that being very focused instead of a mix of talent and settings). Second, not even all of those 5 were guaranteed to be considered "quality" pieces of work, by him or by Palladium (who also had to approve everything). Let's say one (or both) of the large articles weren't deemed quality or otherwise inappropriate (maybe covering some inappropriate topics that Palladium doesn't want to touch). The whole book drops considerably in size, and suddenly may not even fill one entire book. Third, even if everything is accepted, there would be the final acceptance contracts to be signed (I believe). If only half of the people who submitted articles submitted UMF, we can't count on everyone who submitted a UMF to return the contract. So let's say one or both of those people don't return their contracts, that further decreases the size of the project. Fourth, there is the lack of art submissions I do believe.

Anyways, hopefully that didn't come off picking on anyone or sounding lecturing. I'm merely trying to explain things as I know them (I've been following this progress for a good year, probably more, since I had a submission involved as well). My words are not official, but I do believe they're accurate. I'm hoping to explain the process for a better understanding for all involved. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day to one and all. Farewell and safe journeys.

That is essentially the long and short of it, but you're half right on one thing. I wouldn't lose a submission if it was bad, but I could also lose a submission if it was too good. Seriously. If either of the two huge projects were really good then Kevin and the guys had the ability and perogative to claim it as a future project or book (s). I lost the largest submission possibility last time for that reason actually. Thus, I was looking at number of submissions, not size of submissions when determining the finished product.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Matt, you did a great job on Rifter 0! I am sorry some people couldn't appreciate the amount of effort it took to create a semi-official project.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Darn it. I really enjoyed the Rifter 0 and was looking forward to the next installment. I can understand, though.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”