NMI's Wiki Page... "The Black Vault"

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Typing a title will allow you to create a page for the power in question and allow you to find out if there is another power of the same name. This will not link it to anything, however. The way to do that is to list powers on your user page and link the user page to the Powers by Author page which is linked through the main page or to index it by category on the major and minor powers category pages. Clicking on a category will take you to a listing of powers in alphabetical order. If there is no listing for the letter beginning the power name, cliock to edit the whole page or go the the previous letter section and hit edit. This will allow you to add a section for the next letter or one following which you can list the power under.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Things are getting me frustrated right now, so rather than frustrate myself further I may be once again limiting myself to just my own materials, and I may just start posting powers directly to the wiki rather than deal with BS on the boards here. I am undecided though.

Update: I am calmer now but will still be slowing down a bit on posting until certain issues can be resolved.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Over 560 of Iczer's powers are now in the wiki with more to be posted. I am getting most of it done, though.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Over 560 of Iczer's powers are now in the wiki with more to be posted. I am getting most of it done, though.
What would I need to do to have you do it for me too (mail it in a PDF, HTM, WRD format)? I'd love to do it my self but I dont have a lot of time and it would take a while to put in 60+ powers. The other option would be to show me how to do it with screen shots (some of your instructions were a bit confusing).
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zenvis wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Over 560 of Iczer's powers are now in the wiki with more to be posted. I am getting most of it done, though.
What would I need to do to have you do it for me too (mail it in a PDF, HTM, WRD format)? I'd love to do it my self but I dont have a lot of time and it would take a while to put in 60+ powers. The other option would be to show me how to do it with screen shots (some of your instructions were a bit confusing).

I already have a full plate as it is. My intention was never to do this project by myself, merely to aid in posting some of the powers. I actually have done way more posting of powers than I wanted to initially.

Instruction 1: Go to Main page
Instruction 2: Click on link to Major or Minor powers page
Instruction 3: Find link to appropriate subcategory (energy expulsion, matter expulsion, energy control, etc.)
Instruction 4: Click on link to find page with sections divided by letter (A, B, C, etc.) or at the top of the page there is an Edit tab to edit the whole page
Instruction 5: Click on [Edit] link next to the appropriate letter section to edit a section of links. You can also add a new letter if there is not one present by going under an existing section (using O as an example) and typing =='''P'''==
Instruction 6: click on the end of a current link and hit enter to create a new line of text.
Example:
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Draw]]
To add "Power Dragon", add a new line under "Power Drag" to get the following:
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Dragon]]
*[[Power Draw]]
This will create a link to an existing page or create a link to a non-existant page which you can create by clicking on the link.

Iczer powers update: Over 600 posted now.
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Zenvis wrote:

I already have a full plate as it is. My intention was never to do this project by myself, merely to aid in posting some of the powers. I actually have done way more posting of powers than I wanted to initially.

Instruction 3: Find link to appropriate subcategory (energy expulsion, matter expulsion, energy control, etc.)
Instruction 4: Click on link to find page with sections divided by letter (A, B, C, etc.) or at the top of the page there is an Edit tab to edit the whole page
Instruction 5: Click on [Edit] link next to the appropriate letter section to edit a section of links. You can also add a new letter if there is not one present by going under an existing section (using O as an example) and typing =='''P'''==
Instruction 6: click on the end of a current link and hit enter to create a new line of text.
Example:
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Draw]]
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Dragon]]
*[[Power Draw]]
This will create a link to an existing page or create a link to a non-existant page which you can create by clicking on the link.

Thank you, I really wanted to post my powers but I felt that I didnt entirely understand your previous instructions. This makes more clear. Plan on seeing more of my powers!
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Glad to hear it! :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Good quick tutorial there.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

A lot of people seem to get confused about how to post links in the wiki for some reason.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am up to 660 powers posted for Iczer and am in the process of finding the stragglers I have not posted yet.
Just a reminder that we can post spells, magical items and psionics in the wiki, not just powers. I asked Nimmy to add a section for the Achilles Heels as well, so hopefully we can start posting over those into the wiki.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am up to 660 powers posted for Iczer and am in the process of finding the stragglers I have not posted yet.
Just a reminder that we can post spells, magical items and psionics in the wiki, not just powers. I asked Nimmy to add a section for the Achilles Heels as well, so hopefully we can start posting over those into the wiki.
Achilles' Heel and Mega Power section added to the wiki.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Almost got all of Iczer's powers up to date, and well over the 700 mark now. With my powers and his, that puts the count well over 1200 powers on the site. Woohoo!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Black Vault has been updated to include a link to where you can download a zipped file which is a compilation of all the current powers posted to the wiki.

Compiled Powers
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am up to 660 powers posted for Iczer and am in the process of finding the stragglers I have not posted yet.
I would like to see KittenStomps work there. That would be cool.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I sent a PM to Kittenstomp when I first started this idea for his/her permission. I havent heard from them. and I believe it has been over a year since they posted here. I will send an email to them tonight. Failing a response, I may allow his/her work to be posted until otherwise directed.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I would also say that if you wish to post materials which have no existing category match, create the articles and link them to your user page in a section called Other Materials.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Okay, I am up to about 740 powers for Iczer with about 22 of his powers I know of still unaccounted for in the wiki, making it look like his CURRENT total will be about 760. :eek:
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Zenvis wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Zenvis wrote:

Example:
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Draw]]
*[[Power Drag]]
*[[Power Dragon]]
*[[Power Draw]]

Thank you, I really wanted to post my powers but I felt that I didnt entirely understand your previous instructions. This makes more clear. Plan on seeing more of my powers!

I failed to ask should it be in HTML format when entered in the database?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

What you posted before came out okay, except for the dead user page link because you have not created your user page.
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:What you posted before came out okay, except for the dead user page link because you have not created your user page.
Well I am just going to have to nip that one in the butt.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Download page has been updated.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I finished putting Dragon Blaze's Achilles Heels into the wiki last night, so that is current, as are all of Iczer's powers.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

A power called Reality Sense was posted with no author named. When posting, please include your name or risk having the power deleted. Whoever posted this power should put their name on it.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I finished putting Dragon Blaze's Achilles Heels into the wiki last night, so that is current, as are all of Iczer's powers.

:ok: thanks SG
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I finished putting Dragon Blaze's Achilles Heels into the wiki last night, so that is current, as are all of Iczer's powers.

:ok: thanks SG

No problem. Now you just need to get to adding more to the New Achilles Heels thread. :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

updated the latest download file.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:A power called Reality Sense was posted with no author named. When posting, please include your name or risk having the power deleted. Whoever posted this power should put their name on it.

The person who posted these to the wiki has posted them in the New Powers thread, allowing me to identify them and edit the powers accordingly. Be aware, though, that in the future, anyone not following procedures WILL have their powers deleted and not be allowed to post materials there.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I would just like to say that in the month of March, there has been a total of 300 unique visitors (unique IP addresses)and A total of 500 visits (repeat customers) to the Black Vault. While visiting, you guys viewed approx 70,000 pages of information at The Black Vault.

Thanks for visiting guys and gals. Keep on checking out the Black Vault.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re: NMI's Wiki Page... "The Black Vault"

Recently a member went into the wiki and altered links to pages which were already working because he did not understand what the page you create must have a name which matches the link. When posting your name and linmking it to the user page, you do the following:
[[User:Someone | Someone]]
This links to the page but labels the link as something else.
Wrong: [[User:Someone]], [[By Someone]]
Thank you.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Download page updated.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Updated as of May 31st.

Thank you to all who contribute to the site!

Happy Belated Birthday to Stone Gargoyle!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thanks!

Status Update: There is still more I am adding to the wiki, but it is harder lately for me to have as much time on it. I am not sure how much others have added to their contributions, though I know Senator Cybus was posting over to the wiki whenever he posted powers. Roscoe's powers got some posted but have not been updated with his more recent powers in a while. Whiz Kid was supposed to be posting his but I don't think has yet. I am in the midst of posting powers from The Drunken Werebear, but have to track down individual posts in the thread to do so and so have not made as much progress as I would like. There are still a few of Zenvis' power categories from the old PU2.5 that I am still having to post as well.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Download page updated July 7th, 2008
1.17 MB of powers!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Updated the Vault today.
Much thanks to Gadrin and his script that he uses to gather all of the powers into one nice little package.
Even more thanx to Stone Gargoyle who seems to be the only one updating the Vault.
Thanx to all of you fans who have contributed to the Vault (Iczer you power posting maniac you).
Thanx to all of the fans who have read or used powers from Vault.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

At Black Vault I seen Villains Unlimited 2.5 What is it?

I hope it,s where people can put the Villains they come up with?

I like to see people come up with ther own Colorpunkgangs,Supervillains,Syndicates and criminal Masterminds.

I hope people will try to have them from around the world.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gaby wrote:At Black Vault I seen Villains Unlimited 2.5 What is it?

I like to see people come up with ther own Colorpunkgangs,Supervillains,Syndicates and criminal Masterminds.

Its a placeholder. I am/was waiting for people to provide NPC's.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mephisto wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
gaby wrote:At Black Vault I seen Villains Unlimited 2.5 What is it?

Its a placeholder. I am/was waiting for people to provide NPC's.

What about the characters posted in the Hero Exchange Thread and other places?

Go for it.
The only NPC's posted on this HU board I CAN NOT host are the ones in the revised villains 2nd edition by Reagren Wright.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The compilation of Super Powers is updated....

Super Powers - Compilation
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The compilation of Super Powers is updated (this update is up to Dec 13th, 2008. Waiting for new update from Gadrin)

Super Powers - Compilation
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I've given a number of characters to post on the Vault from here on the board, but he is unable
to post any VU characters I or Cardiac have updated. However, the ones who I've done who
only exist by name only (those in Century Station and Gramercy Island) are on the site. Along
with some original.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Download file updated - January 31[sup]st[/sup], 2009
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Bumped for reasons of Referance
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Download File Updated - March 11[sup]th[/sup], 2009
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Man NIMy, yer fast with the up dates, Thank you :-D
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Have all the powers from the powers thread been included on the site or only some?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Download File Updated - Thank You Gadrin!
Thank You Stone Gargoyle for continuing to update The Black Vault
Thank You to everyone who has ever created a power that is now in the The Black Vault
Super Power Wiki aka Powers Unlimited Thread - Compiled Download

EDIT: While trying to figure out how to keep anonymous/bot postings, I deleted some users and possibly some files. Fortunately my friend who provides me with server space was able to restore The Black Vault. Any posts made between 3:00AM CST and 3:00PM CST were lost. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

DarkSolrac wrote:Dudes i have just found the black vault and my friends amazing job you guys have been working on this for about 2 years (give or take) and its fantastic kudos to every1 involved ....i read that there was a location for NPC (original NPCs) but i cant find it was it removed? and the link to "http://forums.thedeificnmi.com" is down i dont know if i have it miss spelled or anything or if its still up and running just curious about it

i would also like to throw into the pot the idea of compiling a list of vehicles, gadegets and what knots the black vault would be great place to show case and share this info

Part of the thing is people are not posting to the categories already there. It is mostly me and a few other guys right now. We really would appreciate more people contributing to what could be an awesome site.
There is no formal area for NPCs yet, but you might pm the Mr. Deific NMI and request it if he does not reply in here. Alternatively, you could post original characters on the page where the character sheet listings are or create a user page and link to your stuff from there if adding stuff there are not established categories for. He would be the one to ask about why his forum is down also.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Thank You Stone Gargoyle for continuing to update The Black Vault

Thanks. People do not realize the insane number on man-hours I have spent in there posting other people's stuff I was given permission to, and the fact that since I was gone off the boards for several months I had to do a LOT of catching up. I still have some of the spells in Invented Spells to post over since my focus is usually getting the powers posted and up-to-date first.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”