NMI's Wiki Page... "The Black Vault"

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NMI's Wiki Page... "The Black Vault"

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Mephisto wrote:
ScottBernard wrote:Have all the powers from the powers thread been included on the site or only some?

As far as I know, all of them. Download the file and check for yourself, the amount of powers is really huge!!! :mrgreen:

There are some not posted due to lacking permission from the creators to do so. But, yeah, it is ENORMOUS!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

DarkSolrac wrote:Dudes i have just found the black vault and my friends amazing job you guys have been working on this for about 2 years (give or take) and its fantastic kudos to every1 involved ....i read that there was a location for NPC (original NPCs) but i cant find it was it removed? and the link to "http://forums.thedeificnmi.com" is down i dont know if i have it miss spelled or anything or if its still up and running just curious about it

i would also like to throw into the pot the idea of compiling a list of vehicles, gadegets and what knots the black vault would be great place to show case and share this info

Oops, I need to update the address to my new forums - for now - http://thedeificnmi.com/megaverse - complete with Portal page and chat/shout box!

I have not been given any NPC's to add to the wiki, so that is why you do not find any on there.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

DarkSolrac wrote:Well I have talked to my Role players and i have a few guys that are in and i will get there inputs and submit things to the vault :-D me persoanlly i am a tech guy (robots, android, power armors, super vehicles, etc.) alot of my players are magic guys and mutant guys and are always coming up to me with either the most insane or dumbest powers/spells so we will be working on them and try to make them as fair as possible and then post them ok :-D (since we dont have most of this writen down just ideas floating it will take a bit but i promise they will go up even if i have to post them 1 at a time as i get them done lol)

Typically powers have been being posted to the New powers thread first and then copied and posted over. Spells are also typically posted to the Invented spells thread in the magic and psionics section of this forum. The reason I mention this is that you can get feedback from others about your creations and make sure they are formatted correctly BEFORE you post them to the wiki, since anything not formatted correctly that is posted to the wiki is likely to get pulled down by me due to errors and you would be requested to fix it and repost. As one of the people doing admin over there, I am trying to ensure it is done properly and Nimmy likes things all formatted the same where possible.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle speaks the truth!
Yeah it is definitely advised that you post your powers/inventions/etc.. somewhere here on the forums or on my forums for "approval" "suggestions" etc... first. Then once they are finalized, they can be posted to The Black Vault Wiki!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

DarkSolrac wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
DarkSolrac wrote:Well I have talked to my Role players and i have a few guys that are in and i will get there inputs and submit things to the vault :-D me persoanlly i am a tech guy (robots, android, power armors, super vehicles, etc.) alot of my players are magic guys and mutant guys and are always coming up to me with either the most insane or dumbest powers/spells so we will be working on them and try to make them as fair as possible and then post them ok :-D (since we dont have most of this writen down just ideas floating it will take a bit but i promise they will go up even if i have to post them 1 at a time as i get them done lol)

Typically powers have been being posted to the New powers thread first and then copied and posted over. Spells are also typically posted to the Invented spells thread in the magic and psionics section of this forum. The reason I mention this is that you can get feedback from others about your creations and make sure they are formatted correctly BEFORE you post them to the wiki, since anything not formatted correctly that is posted to the wiki is likely to get pulled down by me due to errors and you would be requested to fix it and repost. As one of the people doing admin over there, I am trying to ensure it is done properly and Nimmy likes things all formatted the same where possible.

Cool Beans 8) thanks for the heads up i dont want to violate any rules :crane:

Feel free to pm me or Nimmy if you have any questions or concerns.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hey, NMI, with your site down, what is the proper protocol for people who want to sign up at the vault? We are getting people wanting to join who are finding it difficult.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I have updated the main page of The Black Vault Wiki with registration/support information.
Basically it boils down to this:
Register an account on The Black Vault Wiki
Post your material in the proper spot.
Contact StoneGargoyle or me (NMI) so we can verify that your material is posted in the proper spot.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thanks Nimmy!
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Thank you very much Nimmy.
Now all I need is a day where I can post and I'm set... Yawho
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kittenstomp sent me a PM giving permission to host their material!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Kittenstomp sent me a PM giving permission to host their material!

Cool.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I currently have no internet at home, so it might take a while before I can get any more materials posted over to the wiki.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Due to spamming by user accounts which have had to be blocked and deleted, registering to the Black Vault must be done by contacting Nimmy or myself.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

When you PM us, please included the username you want and your email address.
A temporary random password will be generated and sent to you.
upon logging in, you will be prompted to change you password.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Kittenstomp sent me a PM giving permission to host their material!

Cool.

I have just now started adding these tables. It is a lot of work and might take a while to completely get it done.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

In my browsing of pages in the Black Vault, I found one which had been almost completely erased and strange links put in there. I will be doing more extensive checking to make sure the pages are restored which had been tampered with.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Anyone wishing to join should pm me with their email address. I can create an account for you, but you will have to be sent an email confirmation.

I have recently gotten Severnus Snape's permission to post his materials there, but my online time is somewhat limited, so it will take a while.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have gotten back to trying to add to the magic spells portion of the wiki by going through the Invented Spells thread in the Guild of Magic And Psionics section of these forums, mainly because I realized that some of my magic schools did not even have the OCCS listed there. I had left off with it at one point because I was moving around so much that I got lost on what spells I had already added. Just a reminder, we are always looking for contributors, so ask to join or give permission to post your stuff there and we will do what we can.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am currently in the process of going over pages contributed by other people to get rid of dead links and to link their materials to their user page and whatnot.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I still use the Black Vault from time to time. :)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I still use the Black Vault from time to time. :)
It's good to know that my efforts are still appreciated.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm not on there every day but I can honestly say I pull it up once a month or so. I just wish there was more on there.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”