APS Liquid question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Seems okay to mewater be heavy :bandit:
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

yeah, they need to use multiplication instead of addition for something like that. :nh: i'm glad that there's another a.r.b. in the world who thinks of stuff like this too. :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

According to some random notes I had lying around, a cubic foot of water contains 7.48 gallons of water and weighs 62.425 pounds.

So, according to the book and the figure, a 150 pound hero could turn into something like 16 cubic feet, or 120 gallons, of water/liquid.
Sounds like a somewhat solid figure.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Angryjack wrote:yes, water is damn heavy. Water weighs 1 ton per cubic Meter. Humans are 1.6 meters tall on average. a human with the same volume should weigh about 4 tons since
since a human is on average 4.096 Cubic Meters.

:shock:

By your tag I see you're a Yank...and you understand the metric system! :lol:

One of my players in my AD&D game can't (or refuses) to wrap his head around something so simple!

I told him that something was about half a metre tall (a pile of nails he was creating by picking them up in his mouth and then tossing them onto the bank of the river), and he held his hands about 10cm apart and asked "about that tall?" He tried about three more measurements and I (very annoyed, some of his quirks are really irritating) told him that he in real ife is about 1.5 metres tall... HE STILL DIDN"T GET IT!!! :x

>sigh< Hopefully he'll learn before he turns all my hair grey! :lol:

Oh, and this from someone who, despite having a bad grade in math HS 30 years ago, says 3rd ed D&D "is easy"! :eek:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:I've always thought it was messed up as well.... When it comes down to it, we're about the same density as water (ie, we just barely float). Water is also incompressable- Meaning you won't be able to squeeze 7x the water into the same amount of space.

APS:Metal,Stone, etc, on the other hand.... That's where the big weight multipliers should occur. Anything that sinks.... APS:Wood- Depends on the kind of wood: You should get to choose between more weight/SDC and more speed/combat bonuses depending on what you're made of.

They never say it, but do the math for the Growth power- That lowers your density by factors of 20-30, IIRC.... GiantStyrofoamMan!

I can't remember what website, but I believe on one of the bigger ones there is an alternate APS: Metal that allows for different abilities depending on the metal you are made of.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”