Quickie question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

benkobi

Quickie question

Unread post by benkobi »

Long time palladium fan, first time poster.

Just a quick question about HU2 robot strength....I've looked around but haven't seen an answer for it...

in the robotics section concerning buying increased strength, I think that it states that robot strength is considered "superhuman", but in the example given for the 50 ft tall robot, it gives an example damage of 2d4x10 for a punch, which would correspond to "supernatural" strength of over 51. I've looked the book up and down for other references, but I'm at a loss. Is the example wrong, or is the text wrong? Superhuman or supernatural for robots?

thanks!
csyphrett
Adventurer

In the example

Unread post by csyphrett »

PS is super human for either a max 30 for human sized robots, or double the height. So a 50 foot robot has a strength of a hundred. that's where the +85 comes from. I think the 2d4 x 10 comes from the size of the fist.

CES
benkobi

Unread post by benkobi »

So, say a human sized robot with 30 ps would do normal human punching damage +15? I got it. I couldn't find references to the "size of the fist" factor, and didn't know if that 2d4x10 was coming from the strength or from the robot itself. I think I'll just stick to superhuman strength references and normal human punching damage. Thanks!
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I just use the supernatural damages/lifting for robots and call it good (or sometimes: sweet).
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I use super human strength for man sized (or near enough) 'bots and bump it up to supernatural strength for the really big 'bots.. however, some of my NPC robots have had supernatural strength because they are advanced military or alien technology.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Quickie question

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

benkobi wrote:in the robotics section concerning buying increased strength, I think that it states that robot strength is considered "superhuman", but in the example given for the 50 ft tall robot, it gives an example damage of 2d4x10 for a punch, which would correspond to "supernatural" strength of over 51. I've looked the book up and down for other references, but I'm at a loss. Is the example wrong, or is the text wrong? Superhuman or supernatural for robots?

The example is a misprint. In an earlier version of the manuscript, Superhuman and Supernatural Strength were the same thing. They were later separated into two discrete powers, but that part in the robot section was not corrected to fit the new edit.

If desired, the listed damage may be retained simply because the robot in question is so big, but it technically should just be standard punch damage with a +85 bonus.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

that whole scale needs to the way of a dirty diaper
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”