Bend Light vs. Invisibility

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Bend Light vs. Invisibility

Unread post by Zenvis »

What is the difference in your campaign? The reason why I ask is that you could bend light all you want and create a blank spot then kick the trash out of someone and they have to roll an 18 or better just to see you? How ever the super power Invisibility has no roll. The power Chameleon has more penalties then that. If they soo much as swing their arm there is a 90% chance of being noticed.

They sound almost too similar. What seperates them in your campaigns?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

My point is this...
How come something like Bend Light isn't a major?
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Zenvis wrote:My point is this...
How come something like Bend Light isn't a major?

Why would it be?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

It just seems to me that you are more "non-visible" then say Chameleon and how long can you maintain that? Can you bend light while in combat, parrying and striking?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Invisibility: say no more really. It does it's job, and the use of the power is effortless (more or less) Invisibility looks like light-transperancy.

Bend light: Not only does its description imply that it maintains effort and concentration, but it just looks like it should. If turning aside a laser beam is an action, then turning aside all available light , and not looking like a black hole when you do, should be a major effort. all in all, it's a hide option, not so much a stealth package. Bend light looks like the light is being bent away and around.

Chameleon. The ambush power. This is more matching the environment. looks like colour changing. It seems by implication, effort free but clumsy, unable to match rapid changes.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I always looked at it like this...

Bend Light would function much like the 'camo' effect in the Predator movies. Difficult to see, but not impossible if you know what you're looking for.

Invisibility would function... well, like the Invisible Man in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. You can't see the character. Period. No ripple effect, no visual distortion, nothing.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”