If Wishes Were Horses

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Ummmm... Hardware Unlimited? I was looking forward to that..

..Actually if you want to talk dead books that were once fully alive, for me it's a toss-up between Rifts Sourcebook 1 and The Rifter 9 1/2.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

im not in the know on a lot of 'dead' books, but i'd like to see another book in the dead series of century station and gramercy island that Bill Coffin was writing. He played fast and loose with the rules but cover to cover they are both good reads.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Nightspawn ( :lol: )
Just kidding.. Hardware Unlimited, I have dreamed of a book like that, though why it was in the cereal isle of a supermarket in my dream I have no idea..
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

ZEN wrote:Nightspawn ( :lol: )
Just kidding.. Hardware Unlimited, I have dreamed of a book like that, though why it was in the cereal isle of a supermarket in my dream I have no idea..
8-)

..You know, I got that a couple of days after it came out, read part of it and set it aside. Then Between the Shadows came out and I thought "Awesome!", but the name change made my first book a collectors item (more so than it already was), so I never opened it again. Didn't get a copy of Nightbane until last Christmas in my grab bag, so I've only just started playing it...

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Any idea what the initial production run on that book was before the name change? I picked one up on a shop shelf in Sydney once (didn't buy it though, perhaps I should have), they must be pretty rare, and will only be getting rarer.

I wonder when the other Rifts Australia books are going to be printed.. BCL was rather cheesed about that.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

KG Carlson wrote: Now, if the "resurrecting the dead book" wish must be confined to Palladium books that have already seen print and disappeared, I would have to say....JUSTICE MACHINE!!

Classic HU; you can't go wrong. Or can you?

I'd like to see this done, reprinted & updated with the help of Mike Gustovich, the Justice Machine's creator. I have a copy of this & it's amazing.

And yes, I too have RIFTS:Manhunter. Not bad on the whole. More like another Rifts-Worldbook sb.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I also say HU1: Justice Machine.
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”