Need a name.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Need a name.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Back ground/support villian. A Mechanical Genius Character. From the same era as Mr.Fixit and the Original Archimedes.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Arc Welder
Gear
Sprocket
Pile Driver
Goggles
The Mask (wears a welding mask)
Transformer
Circut Board
Fuse
Steam Engine
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

What's the focus for the character? Cars, weapons, are they a MacQuyver who does a little of everything?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Daniel Stoker wrote:What's the focus for the character? Cars, weapons, are they a MacQuyver who does a little of everything?

Daniel Stoker

Uh, background villian who makes the bots, weapons and armored thugs the PCs will be pounding into scrap metal seem plauseable. He doesn't have to be really fleshed out, just nessicarry to make pheriphral apperences.

My group shifted from playing a game of Mechwarrior/d20 hybrid style to Heroes with me as the GM, a half hour before we started play (plus or minus character generation time).

In shear desperation and with only PU1, the GMs guide and my HU core book, I tossed together color punks with minor bionics and some high tech weapons(all lifted from the super agent character and the Super Solider section). Once the PCs beat the hell out of them, they wanted to know the name of their weapons source. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I remebered that there was a group of tech head villians who had been tossed into Gramercy along with the Aussie borg Gearz and his two pals called the "Industrial Revolution." That fit the bill nicely and I liked the sound of it. So I stole the name. *swipe*

So this older guy was the core/source of Industrial Revolution's toys but CSWAT missed him when they captured everyone else. So he gathered up some of his equipment, and moved to Sun city (where my story takes place) with the proceeds of the old I.R.'s illicit activities and began anew. To avoid the mistakes of last time I have my villian pick up Electron and Point Blank as co-conspirators/criminals who run the IR not unlike the Workshop of Gramercy Island Fame. Plus I add RipRoar as an enforcer/client (not technically part of the group, but he works closely with them when they need some extra muscle that knows what he's doing) and my color punk gang to feed the IR cash and bodies to be outfitted or upgraded (as the case may be).
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

What about something that isn't really obvious like Battle Magic?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Puddintain. Ask me again and I'll tell you the same.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Hmmm.... Intersting back story, and it helps a bit actually. As to names maybe something Victorian sounding? Or are you just looking for an easy descriptive name like: Dr. Gears?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The Welder
Gearjockey
Dr. Monkeywrench
Mr. Ratchet
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

How about James Darwin.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Machine Genesis

Metal Melder

Father Mecha (He may have to be relativly old to use this name.)

The Robot God / Devil (Be really full of himself. Although Robot Devil would elicit Futurama References.)
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Not as much as Robot Santa would.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Artist Formerly
Champion

I went with Dr.Gears. But I tweaked things around mid game.

The PCs were beating the hell out of my selected villian group in a messy nasty way, with a super speedster named Hazzard handing out a beating like you wouldn't belive to Riproar.

Now it would have been inconvienat to have the PCs dismantle a chief villian only three sessions in and the encounter was a "the plot thickens" kind of deal, rather then a real grand melee. So I decided to do something differant. I made Riproar a VRDS system template robot, cut back his stats a bit. My plot was altered from the IR trying to remove a number of gangs so they could take over to the IR's Dr.Gears looking for the best street crims to drive and direct his VRDS systems crime wave.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”