Random Power Tables for Powers Unlimited 1 and 2

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

dunno. . .

what do you want to use them for?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

ok your new good books to get for awsome HU games are

PU1
PU2

HU main books

ninjas and superspys
mystic china
nightbane between the shadows

these books can make and break a campain buy them
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

JW02 wrote:for rolling up random abilities.

for instance, you don't take the 1 major/1 minor ability and roll on the chart and get 3 minors but need to roll up 3 random minor abilities. in the Heroes book, and in Aliens unlimited, there are charts to roll up random abilities.

I'm looking for something that includes the powers from Powers Unlimited.

and this is for Heroes Unlimited Revised edition, not 2nd edition if that makes a difference. I don't know how the 2nd edition rolls up powers.

just pick three. that's WAY better than random. lets you make the PC you want.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

for instance, you don't take the 1 major/1 minor ability and roll on the chart and get 3 minors but need to roll up 3 random minor abilities. in the Heroes book, and in Aliens unlimited, there are charts to roll up random abilities.

and this is for Heroes Unlimited Revised edition, not 2nd edition if that makes a difference. I don't know how the 2nd edition rolls up powers.

some people like the challenge of playing someone with a jumbled mess of abilities. and it helps even people who pick powers to jump start their imagination. or just to help decide on something. there's so many different things to do. one roll for a major or couple minor powers can give you something to go on.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Yukon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

some people like the challenge of playing someone with a jumbled mess of abilities. and it helps even people who pick powers to jump start their imagination. or just to help decide on something. there's so many different things to do. one roll for a major or couple minor powers can give you something to go on.

eeeehhhhh. . .I suppose I can understand how some people would find that entertaing.

personally, I can't stand it. if I don't already have a concept in mind, then I usually find getting into the characters head impossible.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”