Powers Unlimited 2 stuff

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrTwist
Hero

Powers Unlimited 2 stuff

Unread post by MrTwist »

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere else, but here it is again.

First off, I've seen mention there are some mistakes in PU2, but what are they? I saw something about price mess ups and such.

Second off. Immortals. Some say to roll them up as a Mega Hero. Now, maybe I didn't read too well into it, but are ALL considered Mega? Such as, all are supernatural beings? Do all possess the Immortality mega-hero power, or just the ones mentioned(in other words, is it implied)?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as I read through it more and more.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Gestalt is one of those categories, like Mega, that you may want to think carefully about before including it as an option for your players.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Powers Unlimited 2 stuff

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

MrTwist wrote:Immortals. Some say to roll them up as a Mega Hero. Now, maybe I didn't read too well into it, but are ALL considered Mega? Such as, all are supernatural beings? Do all possess the Immortality mega-hero power, or just the ones mentioned(in other words, is it implied)?

Only those specified as Mega Heroes are so. And as mentioned in the link above, only those that specifically mention the Mega-Immortality power have it. The rest are merely long lived, with no special healing powers or bonuses, aside from those provided by conventional super powers.

What isn't clear at this point is whether the Immortality power counts against the Mega powers available to the character (I personally rule that it does).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Wee-eeell, Gestalt is one of the NEW power categories, and it is stated by Carmen that this is a rare, weird and definately optional class of hero or villain to include in the game.. I would use them as a villain for sure, but I don't think I'd let a newbie play one right off the bat.. maybe if there were only a couple of players, but for big group games? Not a chance man, what a nightmare.

That all said, its a really funky power category and well worth a test drive.. aside from a Mystic Weapon or Artifact character with a bad case of the "My sword has a mind of it's own and I don't remember anything that happened last week" curse.. which I might add is not included in the rules (but really should be.. are these rune weapons? Are not all rune weapons supposed to be intelligent?), the Gestalt category is the only class where you can play around with group minds and split personalities, while not really having a crazy hero to deal with.
Mind you, its easy to make a crazy robotics character.. or a possessed mystic study character.. or a group mind linked psychic..
:-?
Meh.. what was the question?
8-)
Oh yeah, the Mega Hero is a Template you can add to another Power Category (even special training.. which makes little sense) and it is found in the main HU2ed book (I forget which page, buts it's somewhere around the middle of the book).
Little Sculptures
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Powers Unlimited 2 stuff

Jaegermeister wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:
MrTwist wrote:Immortals. Some say to roll them up as a Mega Hero. Now, maybe I didn't read too well into it, but are ALL considered Mega? Such as, all are supernatural beings? Do all possess the Immortality mega-hero power, or just the ones mentioned(in other words, is it implied)?

Only those specified as Mega Heroes are so. And as mentioned in the link above, only those that specifically mention the Mega-Immortality power have it. The rest are merely long lived, with no special healing powers or bonuses, aside from those provided by conventional super powers.

What isn't clear at this point is whether the Immortality power counts against the Mega powers available to the character (I personally rule that it does).

Only if they take the super-duper Immortality power. They can have the run-of-the-mill immortality ("long-lived") and be a Mega and not have the Mega-Immortality.

Yeah, that's what I already said...

What is not known however, is if the Mega-Immortality power is free for those that get it, or does it count as a power selection. All Megas get one Mega Power automatically, or even two or more at GM's discretion, so if the Mega-Immortality power is free, then the character could still choose Tremendous Physical Strength, No Need to Breathe, etc. On the other hand if it counts as a power selection, it would in most cases be the character's only Mega Power.

I personally go with the latter because Megas and Immortals are powerful enough as is, but the book isn't clear on the matter.

Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

its actually quite explicit. or implicit.. well, it spells it out i mean.

the more powerfull immortals like the godling, demigod, and demon lord all say they get the mega power of immortality plus one other special mega power or major power, in addition to whatever powers they pick/roll from the super abilities & other powers of immortals table.

it also says each time wether one of those immortals are allready considered to be a mega hero.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

So it would seem then that it does count as a power selection for some Mega-Immortals, and is a freebie for others. I can live with that.

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Glad that is cleared up.. perhaps a note in the FAQ would be a good idea?
Little Sculptures
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

well, i got that right out of the book.... i don't see that part as being confusing.

however, untill carmen set us straight i was a bit confused on wether or not they all got mega immortality or some got the mega power and others just didnt age. he basically said all others without the mega immortality are just really long lived, dependant on how the GM decides. 100's, 1000's, 10's of thousands of years, etc...
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”