SDC of Objects: Any Handy Lists?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Most of those things you're mentioning probably don't have SDC listings because they simply aren't built to resist damage like handcuffs or containers are. Pretty much, if somebody wants to break one of those things, they can do so very easily (automatic I'd generally make it, if they're trying). If it's an accident, I'd rather stick with GM call, or at most percentile dice, rather than a damage roll.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

In the action of the game, be aware that objects have two sorts of S.D.C.. first there is the "It don't work no more" S.D.C, this is on the low side for objects like laptops, ordinary flashlights, radios, VCRs, etc.
Many electronic appliances have a drop resistance rating of 5-10ft onto concrete.. that is all they can take without being busted, even then they might be messed up.
The second S.D.C type is "I'm gonna beat it over the head with my laptop", which is where an object is not considered busted until basically every part of it is in little bits and pieces.. not simply until it no longer functions.
So, you could call this "Busted S.D.C" and "Destroyed S.D.C"... I leave it to you to decide how sensitive an object is to being Busted, but the Destroyed limit is quite high for most objects, I mean, how many times do you have to hurl a laptop at a brick wall before it is really unrecognisable? Maybe you can't destroy it just by hitting it, perhaps it needs to be burned, crushed or shredded by something in order to squeeze those last few S.D.C out of it?
Holding an object as a make shift shield is a good example of something being usefull beyond it's Busted S.D.C limit.. how many bullets can a laptop take before it is a useless hunk of electronic swiss cheese?
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”