Just another game intro for your perusal.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Just another game intro for your perusal.

Unread post by Guest »

You wake up in the passenger seat of a german sedan, you aren't tired, and you have no idea how long you were asleep, or even if you really were.

You glance over at the driver, who gives a curt nod, hes well dressed, Suit, Tie, nicely done hair, and it seems you are wearing a very expensive black sequined dress made of a fabric that you can't quite identify.

The car pulls up to a crowd, and the driver unlocks your door, you step out, not knowing why, and a large man, a bouncer you assume, guides you towards the door, a glance back towards the car, but its not there.

Quickly you scan the top of the door, the Marquee says Phantom of The Opera, but you don't remember getting a ticket.

More than a little disoriented, you stroll inside, an usher asks for your ticket, its in your right hand, you pass it to him and he says your seat name, letting you in.

You find yourself scanning the crowd, wealthy socialites packed in like sardines, Red Velvet curtains obscuring the stage, fine wood every where, and the glint of brass from the orchestra...without knowing where you are headed really, you move towards the stairs, heading to the balconies...

The third from the right side of the stage holds your target.

Target? What target, now curiousity takes hold as much as the strange urge guiding your feet, you get into the hallway, just around the corner from your destination, you check inside your purse, there is a small pistol, with a silencer, and a photograph, its an old man, all jowls and bald skull, quickly you snap the purse closed so noone notices the shiny little implement of death in there.

Peeking around the corner you see the back of that mans head, the man who you've come here to kill, but you don't quite know why, or even who he really is, a man in a suit, a bodyguard you presume stops you, asks what you are doing here...you feel a rush of adrenaline surge through your limbs....

What do you do?
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Nice intro...

Well, if she has any brains, she sets-off the fire alarm, and disappears into the night. If she just wants out, bugger off, find her way into a police station (preferably the central station), and asks to see a detective, and then lays everything out. If she's lucky, she doesn't have a real/ficticious criminal record.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Unread post by Guest »

knowing my girlfriend..i have a feeling she will try to shoot her way out of this.

it will be fun.

btw, im the driver.

shes Guillotine, im Garotte.

kind of a N&SS world with supersoldiers scattered about, but few costumed hero types (if any at all) the cold war isnt over, and me and her are in fact pawns of a faction of the U.S. government which is trying to bring it to an end.

the bald guy is a senator who is lobbying (rather succesfully) to end funding for a few black projects (unbeknownst to him, of course, otherwise he would have more bodyguards) under the guise of other public spending.

tks, btw.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

here's my tip offs
if I don't know why I am wanting to kill the guy and I was KOed it probably isn't a good thing

So I don't kill the guy

When I get in trouble for not doing so those people looking for answers are those that have the one's I'm looking for

I wouldn't like being drugged and brainwashed into killing someone

let alone leaving me to deal with the consequences of shooting someone in such a public fashion (asuming the brainwashing was a little light and it didn't take full effect on me)

SO I would end up Bourning their asses
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Unread post by Guest »

nice.

basically, she and i were brainwashed, and in fact it wasnt light, we have new lives that we have been living, and are sleepers (a la manchurian candidate)

something which i am going to develop more later on snapped her out of the brainwashing, but there is still the mission completion drive...except she now has freewill back.

though she is suffering pretty total amnesia, besides the information on her, she has no clue who she is.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

nice and I agree with Mr. Montague yet again. If I woke up in a car having no idea why I'm there and then found the gun and all I would just leave. Very inventive way of making it though. I just have a question or two. Is this the beginning of the game? And also how many other people are there like this in the game?

Unread post by Guest »

its a Duo adventure (me and my girlfriend, and i happen to be GM too)

there are several sets of sleepers inactive, only a few activated at any given time...

there are also groups for clean up duty, heavy duty wetwork, and other infiltration purposes.

we will probably wind up at odds with most of them...

one half of the world suspects us as spies, the other knows us as traitors.

it should be damn fun.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Man that sounds awesome. :ok: kudos on that one Garrotte. So by a duo adventure does this mean there are no other PCs besides your girlfriend?

Unread post by Guest »

yup.

i guess i got the Duo term from Final Fantasy XI.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

An another term for that type of a game is "a one-on-one game", believe me, I have run most of my games like that, also they were SFS's or Single Freeform Scenarios (you know the type in which the GM makes everything up with the grey mass, depending on what the player says the character will (try to) do).

I still remember one one-on-one Cyberpunk 2020 SFS, where the character got drunk, tried to get in a bar, and got his head popped off like a cork by an enraged bouncer twice his size. That was very funny, we laughed our asses off after that.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”