Ruling please

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Ruling please

Unread post by Xar »

I didn't see this in Kittenstomp's tables.

I've got a character that I've allowed to have APS Stone and Growth. He can become quite large, and very strong. I don't have the exact PS with me, but I think his max is around 95, supernatural.

His latest tactic is to pick up an opponent, and slam him into the ground.

Should this be a power punch, or is there a thrown object damage chart?

Thanks for any assistance.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Power Punch
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

i think this should be two attacks, the first an entangle attack to grab the opponent, and in the next attack roll regular punch damage as an automatic critical (auto natural 20). if the character wishes it to be a power punch, then the second stage can use up two attacks as a normal power punch.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

well I would go for the following
3 attacks
grab
wind up
liquify

Damage
Power Punch x 2 for impact into the ground
he is confronted with two equal forces sandwhiching him
the ungiving ground
the mighty fist
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Hey, Xar, long time no see.. Check out my new character sheets in the thread about to fall off the page...

..As to the strength... here's an idea.. Use the Giant stone man's PP as a Spd for determining impact damage; So if his PP is 18, then his impact damage would be 18 x .62(=mph) ÷ 10 x 1D6; page 89 of the main book has Damage & Crash Rules for Aircraft; Assume the victem is under 1000lbs and moving under 720mph, so figure the speed of descent from above and add the extra damage.

..I'd also make it an automatic critical hit, and you might increase that fall damage by averaging the PP and Spd attributes for the mph.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
KillWatch
Champion

He could,.......
As to the strength... here's an idea.. Use the Giant stone man's PP as a Spd for determining impact damage; So if his PP is 18, then his impact damage would be 18 x .62(=mph) ÷ 10 x 1D6; page 89 of the main book has Damage & Crash Rules for Aircraft; Assume the victem is under 1000lbs and moving under 720mph, so figure the speed of descent from above and add the extra damage. :?

or he could simply dmg x 2,...........

and why not use say Spd for speed?
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Don't forget...he's really big...which translates to really Slooow...

That, and with granite hands, he don't have much of a sense of touch, so he doesn't know if he has his target in his hand, or some random pedestrian, or even if he HAS something in his hand.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
KillWatch
Champion

I think if they had sonic speed I would allow them to keep it at sonic.

A power espescially a MAJOR should negate any negatives if only during running, espescially if it's a negative side efffect of another power

and Big does NOT automatically mean slow
KillWatch
Champion

Yes yes I knew that I just don't care
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Thanks all!

Very good discussion. I appreciate all of your input.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
KillWatch
Champion

I don't agree with that

subjective gaming can lead to feelings of favortism and being ripped off if you give a rule let it stand for all and not just until it becomes a regular thing
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Definately a power attack combined with a grapple.. that would soak up a lot of actions, but the damage and demoralising effect would be pretty good.
Even a grabbing attack by a giant guy made of stone with prodigious strength would do a heap of damage.. 1d4+P.S for the grab (and squeeze, same as the wrestling pin move), opponent better dodge it (or parry it with a handy car or power pole or something..) because they are not going to be able to break free before they get pounded into the ground.. that's a power attack, not exactly a throw, more like a power punch that does more damage because the victim is being slammed into the ground, not just swatted like a bug, but squished like a bug.. full power attack damage, plus P.S, doubled!

That is why you stay out of reach of giants made of stone.. because they can kill you.. just stay back and pelt them with every ranged attack you've got, trip them over into pits, drown them in wet cement and so on..
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”