Combat sequence clarification

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Initiative determines who goes first, regardless of combat range. Unfortunately for melee combatants, I would usually require them to get into range with their first attack/action if they aren't already....

A good question: If the melee combatant wins initiative over the ranged combatant, how do you take into account his running start at a dodge?

you don't
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Tycoil got it down.

..BVC, If the target of a long range attack is moving, then they are harder to hit. This effectively increases their chance of dodging, since the assailant would have a negative to strike.

..Surprise
..Innitiative (if there was a surprise, I usually give the surpriser the innitiative automatically, particularly if they succeed in putting the attackees on the defensive, ie dodging)
..Everyone goes in the order the innit is rolled.

..If they aren't in range, they move into range; a character can move their Spd. x 15 ÷ # of attacks in feet per attack. I generally let players move half this distance and still perform an attack, two thirds and perform an action, or just the full distance. Note that that's sprinting, but combat doesn't usually last long enough to tire out a runner.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”