The other kind of falling damage....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: The other kind of falling damage....

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Does anyone take secondary damage into account during combat? For example, a super speed punch that does damage, sends the victim flying, and into a wall for a second impact.....

BBC Story: Sometimes one punch can kill

I've always wanted to use things like this, but players inevitably complain about perceived inconsistency when it goes against them. Shouldn't there be guidelines for stuff like this?

That's an interesting article, to be sure.

I could envision a house rule where once a super punch hits on a natural 20, the victim must roll a D20. If the result is a natural 1, the victim falls into a coma and must make their coma/death rolls.

That would make it what, a 1 in 400 chance of a coma? Not enough to come up often, surely... but enough to make it memorable if it did.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I've never included extra damage for being knocked around... The way i see it, (and like thagema said) flying through the air and staggering around is endemic to superhero/comics combat. So i consider some of the extra damage from PS bonus the result of smacking into other things (and one reason why rolling with punch/fall reduces damage by half.) Also a critical strike is often described (in my game) as the initial attack plus some nasty secondary calamity that also causes damage.

/food for thought?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”