Teleport 2.0 for Windows XP...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Teleport 2.0 for Windows XP...

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Alrighty... even though I like most of the super abilities found in HU, I think Teleport is one of those that need a serious re-write in the fact that once you take it, you have the same range/weight capacity at 1st level as you would at 15th. To me, that's okay as a minor ability (like the Extraordinary ____ stat powers) but it kinda falls flat as a major one.

My question to the forum is this: What 'tweaking' have you done to this power (if any) to make it more progressive with experience?

As for myself, I once set up a house rule for the following:
Maximum distance of teleport: 1 mile (1.6 km) per level of experience.
Maximum weight capacity: 200 lbs per level of experience.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Looks good!!! :ok: That works much better.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

See, teleport is just one of those powers that works best with a point/buy system.

How about making the distance increased by level (say 1 mile per level), but the max weight allowance determined by the character's PE or ME or whatever.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

On a kind of related note: i recently wanted to create a character with the kind of massive T-port powers seen in comics, and decided to use a bestowed hero with Spatial Magic (Rifter 3 and 5). I limited spell selection to the Spatial Mage choices in the hopes that that would balance out paying the greatly reduced PPE costs (on the movement-type spells). Anyway, it's an NPC so i guess that really doesn't matter :P

To weigh in on the topic at hand: I like the mile per level / weight determined by attribute...
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I think something for Teleport that needs to be addressed is using Teleport in conjunction with an attack (Like a Teleporting Kick, for example) and using Teleportation to Dodge (This is a little more easily implimented using the simultaneous attack option in Palladium rules). I will post more later.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Jaegermeister wrote:
The Baron vonClogg wrote:While I'm thinking of it, does anyone else remember him getting some kind of shadow meld powers? I think it was the first time they all went to Banshee's castle.... Whatever happenned to that?

Marvel's official position on this is that Kurt doesn't dissappear in shadow, but because of the dark coloring of his fur he only appears to dissappear in darkness. Though Kurt's ability to blend into shadows has reappeared, Marvel's bios has Kurt's darkness attributed to his dark Indigo fur coloring. Which doesn't explain, how his clothes seem to vanish into the darkness,

Unstable molecules.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Cardiac wrote:See, teleport is just one of those powers that works best with a point/buy system.

Maybe, but I was really just trying to find a way to make Teleport fit in better with the other Palladium 'power gets stronger/better with experience' concept.

On a slightly related note, I also started thinking about other powers that don't improve with experience, specifically the Extraordinary attribute powers (aside from Extraordinary Speed, that is)... so what do y'all think of the following:

Extraordinary attributes (PS, PP, ME, etc.) get the initial bonuses, as well as +1 to that particular stat per level of experience (or even every other level of experience).

Superhuman Strength gains an additional +1D4 to PS per level (or every other level of experience).

Supernatural Strength gains an additional +1D6 to PS per level (or every other level of experience).
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Well, with the attribute powers the best way for them to grow with levels would be to put the additional bonus every other level or more (like maybe every 3rd or 4th lvl), because it can lead to a very high attribute rating if not careful. And the last thing you really want is someone with all physical stats at 40+. Then again, maybe you do.

As for the other powers, I thought some needed more expansion. Teleport (for example) didn't really catch me as something to be used with combat (except for getting into and out of, that is). That's why I'd like to see something like.....

'Starting at lvl 3, the character can make a teleporting attack (be it kick, punch, whatever) that is at a +3 to strike (+1 at lvls 5, 9, 11, & 15) and does the normal amount of damage for whatever attack he made (i.e. Punch damage for punching, etc.).'

This example above does not even begin to touch on whether a simultaneous attack would result in the person teleporting first or not. Maybe a two part action, like rolling to dodge to see if the teleport activates first, and then rolling to strike (if the teleport was successful) for his attack. I don't know, maybe I am getting too detailed on things.

I don't have my books with me, but I do know a few powers made me want to mess with them. One I know of is Super Energy Expulsion. I didn't like how they are resist to all the other types of energy. I thought picking a certain type would have been better, but I also see that it wouldn't have really made it a Major power then. I guess I will have to just look them up when I get home and get back to you all.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”