Minor Dual Class Question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Minor Dual Class Question

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

I know that we've talked about dual class characters here before and several people seemed to agree that the dual classed character would use the Mega-Hero experience chart.
Anyway, after checking out Neb's thread about his Extraordinary PPE power I got to thinking about the possibility of a dual classed Mutant/Mystic Study character or rather (now that I've read about the Minor Hero class in PU2) a character with two Minor classes. I mean it makes more sense to me because the character's efforts and energy would be divided between the two. It might also help (well a little at least) with game balance (possibily). I was also thinking about using the Mega-Hero experience table divided in half. While still higher than any of the remaining experience table (only by a couple of hundred points but still...) it does represent the lower power levels of such a character.
So what do you think?
~Prepares to hide behind flame retardant shield just in case~
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

just put dual class charaters on the Mega hero experence table
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I'd use the Nightbane Sorcerer XP table from Nightbane, or the Godling XP table from Pantheons of the Megaverse (basically it's the mega hero table shifted one level, so level 2 is 2601 XP, 3 is 5001 XP, etc.).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:I'd use the Nightbane Sorcerer XP table from Nightbane, or the Godling XP table from Pantheons of the Megaverse (basically it's the mega hero table shifted one level, so level 2 is 2601 XP, 3 is 5001 XP, etc.).

I don't have either of those books. I have been thinking about picking up Nightbane. Guess now I have even more of a reason. Thanks.
Last edited by Mr Scorpio on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

It's basically the same as the Mega Table with the point totals shifted one level, so instead of going 5000, 10000, 20000, it goes 2600, 5000, 10000.

I think it a bit more fair than the mega table for dual-type characters (unless the dual-type actually IS a mega hero).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”